Should The U.S Take In Syrian Refugees

Reddie

As yet, there's no hope that the war in Syria will end any time soon. Even when Bashar is defeated, the rebels and other terrorist groups will not stop fighting each other. And as the fighting rages on, lots of Syrians will be seeking safer places to live in either temporarily or permanently should the fighting not subside.

With Europe dealing with a migration crisis and mounting Islamophobia, it [Europe] probably isn't the best place for Syrian refugees.

There have been calls for the U.S to take in more Syrian refugees but the U.S is also dealing with immigration issues and in addition to that there are other risks involved . . .

What do you think? Welcome refugees some of whom might be ISIS fighters?

Werbung:
I'd like to point out that there's a huge difference between a refugee and an illegal immigrant first off, and somebody fleeing their country due to war and threats of violence, isn't the same as somebody who is choosing to go to a certain country for work or to better themselves.

Here in the UK that's a point that seems to have been missed. Unfortunately though, in my opinion, the UK is full and we can't afford to take any more and our system is on the verge of collapse as it is.

If I was a US citizen and had to vote to take them in or not I'd think long and hard about how it would affect myself and the US and would probably say no.

I don't get this at all. Why can't they just migrate to another country in the middle east? Why does the US and other western countries have to take in these people? Let their neighbors deal with problem because the US gets crap all the time about being in that region in the first place. Can't someone else in the immediate area help them out?

Strange isn't it? The Gulf States are very rich but they take in no refugees.

But considering the fact that Shias and Sunnis distrust each other, I think Saudi Arabia wouldn't accept refugees who might stir up trouble once they've settled in.

Saudi Arabia has been supporting rebels fighting Assad and they [Saudi authorities] could be worried that some people loyal to Assad would slip into Saudi Arabia as refugees — enemies . . .

That I suppose is the reason why they won't take the risk.

When you look at some of the pictures of the people coming over, there's hardly any women or children. Now that to me seems very odd, they flee a war torn country, but leave their families behind? I don't think so...

When you read some of the stories, what happens a lot is they do flee to the next safe country, usually turkey for a lot of them, they then leave their families there, then the men come to places like Germany and the UK to get on our generous benefits system, which shouldn't be allowed.

Just a shame that instead of discouraging it, were doing the exact opposite

I believe that the Syrians are fleeing from a clear and present danger and should be protected. However, like refugees after the Second World War, they should go home when it is safe to do so.

Werbung:
I believe that the Syrians are fleeing from a clear and present danger and should be protected. However, like refugees after the Second World War, they should go home when it is safe to do so.

I agree but if the threat to their life is real, they'll go over the border to the next safe country. What a lot of people are doing is heading towards a country of their choice, and a country they think they'll have more of a chance of staying in.

That isn't a refugee, that's just a form of immigration and at any other time they would likely be turned away, so they're using the situation in Syria to their advantage.

Back