Should marijuana be legalized?

Should we legalize it?

• Yes

Votes: 52 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 19 26.8%

• Total voters
Please excuse my colleague; 9sublime has something of a personal stake in this argument.

Anyway, if you don't feel like retyping your position on this, perhaps you could provide a link to a site where its finer points are enumerated.

Ha. I just find it amusing someone would come on a discussion forum to tell people that they aren't worth discussing anything with. At least stop posting in this topic if putting in valid input is too tiring for you.

Werbung:
Ha. I just find it amusing someone would come on a discussion forum to tell people that they aren't worth discussing anything with. At least stop posting in this topic if putting in valid input is too tiring for you.

I know, and I find it to be a contradiction too. However he has an opinion and until we can get at the opinions of people who oppose ours there's no possibility to changing their minds - or of us changing ours.

Hmm

Marijuana is almost unaimously the drug that begins the path of making drug-addict freaks. You have no idea how many very close friends I have lost because of drugs. My twin brother went to Rehab because he began stealing and lying. He even wrecked my car. And it can never be calculated how much harm drugs (marijuana more than any) have caused families world-wide. I've heard them all rationalize how they would never go further with drugs and how it's not bad for them. Well, they're either living on the street or dead by now. Legalizing marijuana would only escalate even faster the descent of the United States toward out-right third-world barbarism where there is no such thing as a moral and crime is through the goddamn roof.

Marijuana is almost unaimously the drug that begins the path of making drug-addict freaks. You have no idea how many very close friends I have lost because of drugs. My twin brother went to Rehab because he began stealing and lying. He even wrecked my car. And it can never be calculated how much harm drugs (marijuana more than any) have caused families world-wide. I've heard them all rationalize how they would never go further with drugs and how it's not bad for them. Well, they're either living on the street or dead by now. Legalizing marijuana would only escalate even faster the descent of the United States toward out-right third-world barbarism where there is no such thing as a moral and crime is through the goddamn roof.

I have to disagree. I occasionally smoke marijuana, and it has never led me to stronger drugs. In my opinion, it's no worse for you than alcohol, and in some ways better.

People who smoke pot do not hit their children when high. They don't crash cars. They don't beat their wives. They sit on the sofa and watch TV. Marijuana is not physically addictive. The long term effects are no worse than alcohol or cigarettes.

As I addressed earlier, the largest reason that marijuana is a "gateway drug" is its status as an illegal drug. People wishing to sample marijuana must do so illegally; this introduces them to the world of illegal drugs. If marijuana were legal, obtaining it would be simpler and, obviously, legal; those wishing to move on to "harder" drugs wouldn't have been introduced to the drug underworld and would therefore have a hard time introducing themselves to it - especially if the penalties for crimes related to harder drugs, like cocaine and heroin, were made harsher. The "gateway" element would be gone.

As I addressed earlier, the largest reason that marijuana is a "gateway drug" is its status as an illegal drug. People wishing to sample marijuana must do so illegally; this introduces them to the world of illegal drugs. If marijuana were legal, obtaining it would be simpler and, obviously, legal; those wishing to move on to "harder" drugs wouldn't have been introduced to the drug underworld and would therefore have a hard time introducing themselves to it - especially if the penalties for crimes related to harder drugs, like cocaine and heroin, were made harsher. The "gateway" element would be gone.

That is the first time I have heard that argument where it makes sense. Very well done.

I just wanted to keep this subject up near the top as i have read that several of you have changed you minds on this issue sisnce being at House of Politics

maybe others will change theyre minds too?

I just wanted to keep this subject up near the top as i have read that several of you have changed you minds on this issue sisnce being at House of Politics

It might be interesting to start another thread and take the vote again, to see if it's changed since the thread started. What do you think?

It has nothing to do with you and everything to do with the Milton video.

It has nothing to do with you and everything to do with the Milton video.

did it somewhere say that i felt it had anything to do with me? Your a moderator? that is all you do is bait people into arguing with you? some moderator you are pal.

Frankly I dont care Which part of this changed anyones mind....whether it was Miltons video or jacks book or any of what was written.....

No where did i say Hey since i have changed minds kep this posted up top..what is it with you supposed Moderators stirring so much Crap to the top

Admin please do take not of how 2 of your super moderators are allowing PERSONAL feelings get in the way of theyre JOBS

although it is humorous to watch them play theyre lil games

Hey Roker, I'm sorry OK. I shouldn't attack people, but just because I'm a supoer mod doesn't make me super human and get angry or pissed off after a hard day.

Here, USMC has done nothing wrong. He is simply stating that it was not you who changed his opinion, but the Milton Video.

Ok, to start with I did not read all the pages of this post, since I have not been here posting, nor do I have the time tonight to read that many pages.

Adding my two cents worth here...

I personally don't believe in the "gateway" drug theory. The way I see it, anyone who has drug problems probably DID start with marijuana. But, that doesn't mean that just because someone smokes it, they are going to necessarily go on to other drugs.

My opinion is formed not on a scientific basis of any kind, it is based on the people around me and my personal experience. I think if they were to interview pot smokers in general, you might find that most of them (or at least a high percentage) never stuck with any other kind of drug. Maybe it is a generational thing? Such as maybe the old pot smokers are less likely to be into the other drugs? (Just a theory there.)

Werbung:
I don't use recreational drugs (illegal ones that is) and would like to see drug use disappear from sight. This is not likely to happen.

All drugs should be legalized, even ones that are known to be harmful or addictive. Then recreational drugs should be taxed and be minimally regulated. The FDA should place warning labels on known harmful agents but have no power to regulate them further. Health insurance policies should exclude any treatment for recreational drugs.

The savings to our legal system would be enormous. The cops and prosecutors now working on drugs could be diverted into real crimes.

The cost of these drugs would likely plummet with increased supply and the distibuting criminals would be missing a major source of income. The economy of Colombia might collapse. And Mexican judges would lose tons of bribe money.

It is likely that drug addiction would soar, at least for a period of time. Some individual neighborhoods would be affected more than others. Given time, the addiction rate would stabilize.

No government tax dollars or private health insurance dollars should be used for drug treatment. If a user wants to use, it should be solely at his/her own risk.

Legalize, tax and minimally regulate. And don't pay for treatment. And abolish the DEA and redirect the FBI and CIA into more useful pursuits.

Back