Should doctors be put on manditory malpratice insurance?

Should doctors be put on manditory malpratice insurance?

• Yes only he made a mistake or 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes Manditory to all doctors.

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
I just checked and I was shocked to learn this, doctors in Michigan are not required to carry professional liability insurance and according to a document I found on the AMA website only 14 states require some level of professional liability insurance.

Who in their right mind would practice medicine without malpractice insurance?

Werbung:
I just checked and I was shocked to learn this, doctors in Michigan are not required to carry professional liability insurance and according to a document I found on the AMA website only 14 states require some level of professional liability insurance.

Who in their right mind would practice medicine without malpractice insurance?

I agree with you its only one state you can drive without insurance that's in West Virgina 49 other states you must have insurance to drive. I think other states should force doctors to pay medical liability insurance. You don't have the right to become a doctor is a privilege just liker driving a car is. Driving a car comes with great responsibility so should practice medicine come with great responsibility

Dont panic kids, if they want hospital priviliges or ins company contracts they will be required to carry it. The states dont technically care but the other two do.

We should have a choice getting auto insurance or not not the liberals telling us what we gotta pay for like Obamacare for example.

Dont panic kids, if they want hospital priviliges or ins company contracts they will be required to carry it. The states dont technically care but the other two do.

Not panic, just surprise. I didn't check the rest of the country in detail but in my state malpractice insurance is not required, most but not all hospitals do require a minimum amount to be carried..and I admit that I didn't think to check on insurance provider requirements. I live in a state where auto insurance is mandatory, the holder of a liquor license has to have a cash bond of $250,000 sitting in Lansing just to keep his license whether he's doing business or not, but doctors don't have to carry liability insurance. The vast majority appear to carry it anyway, given what's at stake for them who wouldn't, but I was just a little bit surprised at what my state prioritizes and what they don't.

Werbung:
To me its enough that docs pass state boards to demonstrate knowledge. Ins carriers do more than you might guess to not only protect themselves but their policyholdersas well. they refer to it as credentialing. for the one I work for its done every three years.

If some doc you are considering doesnt have priviliges at the sorts of hosspitals you would consider using or is under contract with your insurance carrier, thats reason enough to keep looking but it also limits his ability to earn a malpractice lawsuit.

In short, its not much of an issue.

Back