Should Cinco de Mayo be celebrated in America?

I say no! Its an mexican independance day when Mexico declared its independence from Spain. It should be celebrated in their country not in america.A lot of illegals celebrate it here in america.I would like to see a law no promoting Cinco de Mayo in america.Any one celebrates this on May 5th in any american city or town faces a fine of $500 plus 5 days in jail.

How have you not been eliminated from the gene pool yet?

Werbung:
Should Cinco de Mayo be celebrated in America?

I have a wacky question. Who the hell cares whether people celebrate it? If I want to celebrate Apple Day I damn well will. That's October 21, in case anyone's interested.

But it doesn't matter what any given individual or state does with their rights, the war was fought over the principle that the federal government could not control them.

Over the principle that the federal government could not control their use of slave labour. The Confederate states themselves were very clear on this. Just because it wasn't the sole reason doesn't make it any less valid. In an earlier post you said:

So from a Southern perspective, they saw it as the Northern elite assaulting their society's ideology itself, they believed they could survive on their own financially, and they felt politically cut off. This is essentially my thesis on the causes of the Civil War. Ideological. Economic. Political.

The only point here which does not have the continued enslavement of Blacks as a core principle is that they felt politically isolated. Sorry, but one out of three isn't enough to discount slavery. The American Civil War has been and will continue to be remembered as a war of ideology between people who kept slaves and people who didn't.

And of course it matters what they did with their rights. If they can't exercise those rights responsibly then they don't deserve them.

I was going back through the topic as I've been away again for a week, and I came accross this post. How does a man and a man marrying make the whole world break down steve?

Its not the man and the man marrying, its the people who are so stuck in their ways that have to fight it for no real good reason as they have no leg to stand on. They are the ones who make the world a more unhappy place.

Apart from that, I agree with you. While I hate organized religion, Christmas is Christmas, and if you want to celebrate it, fair play to you.

Back the original topic though, why cant Mexicans celebrate something foreign in your country steveox? I'm still waiting for a reply on why you are therefore allowed to celebrate Christmas, Easter, St. Patricks Day etc. Once again your muddled political brain has made you blurt out a comment that you dont actually believe in, its just fuelled by an underlying dislike of your Mexican immigrants.

Perhaps it is your muddled brain that can't see the facts.

Christmas, Easter, St. Patricks day are all related to Christianity, a religion. Cinco de Mayo is about Mexico, which is another country from the USA.

Are you speaking of Mexican immigrants or Mexican Illegals? Americans of Mexican decent haven't really had big celebrations of Cinco de Mayo. This is more of a recent thing since the Illegals have been arriving in such large numbers.

Are you serious when you can't see how men marrying men would effect the world? How about how it would effect the population?

Over the principle that the federal government could not control their use of slave labour. The Confederate states themselves were very clear on this. Just because it wasn't the sole reason doesn't make it any less valid. In an earlier post you said:

The only point here which does not have the continued enslavement of Blacks as a core principle is that they felt politically isolated. Sorry, but one out of three isn't enough to discount slavery. The American Civil War has been and will continue to be remembered as a war of ideology between people who kept slaves and people who didn't.

And of course it matters what they did with their rights. If they can't exercise those rights responsibly then they don't deserve them.

"The British, for example, in part fomented the American Civil War, also called the War Between the States, in an attempt to stop the growing industrial and financial power of the U.S., and in pursuit of the London government's vow to restore this continent to being mere puppet colonies of the British Monarchy, and we as subjects of the crown, not citizens of a Republic."

"If you think the American Civil War was fought over slavery you are not very well read.It was fought over land and southern resources which the north thought was controlled by to few men !! "

Now then keepourfreedoms, someone hasnt thought through their position very carefully.

Christmas, Easter and St. Patricks day originate from other countries. Wether or not they are Christian is irrelevant, because a lot of the Mexicans celebrating Cinco de Mayo will be Christians as well.

As for gay marriage, what effect do you imagine? If you mean on population numbers, you think it will decrease? I hope you don't mean that because thats just plain ridiculous. Its not like if gay men cant get married they will go and have get a wife and kids instead.

Gay marriage will have no significant consequence on anything to be honest, because its not like gay men/women are going to live totally different lifestyles wether they are officially married or not. You might as well accept that you only want to stop gay marriage on a point of principle, just as gays want it on a point of principle too.

Now then keepourfreedoms, someone hasnt thought through their position very carefully.

Christmas, Easter and St. Patricks day originate from other countries. Wether or not they are Christian is irrelevant, because a lot of the Mexicans celebrating Cinco de Mayo will be Christians as well.

As for gay marriage, what effect do you imagine? If you mean on population numbers, you think it will decrease? I hope you don't mean that because thats just plain ridiculous. Its not like if gay men cant get married they will go and have get a wife and kids instead.

Gay marriage will have no significant consequence on anything to be honest, because its not like gay men/women are going to live totally different lifestyles wether they are officially married or not. You might as well accept that you only want to stop gay marriage on a point of principle, just as gays want it on a point of principle too.

You're just too goofy.

"The British, for example, in part fomented the American Civil War, also called the War Between the States, in an attempt to stop the growing industrial and financial power of the U.S., and in pursuit of the London government's vow to restore this continent to being mere puppet colonies of the British Monarchy, and we as subjects of the crown, not citizens of a Republic."

"If you think the American Civil War was fought over slavery you are not very well read.It was fought over land and southern resources which the north thought was controlled by to few men !! "

Britain's involvement was mainly due to the tariffs imposed by the Washington government on British imports, and was restricted to supporting in principle the Confederate states and not preventing trade. Britain and America were enemies at the time, and so any conflict which would weaken America would benefit Britain.

As to the second part of your assertion, which resources are we talking here? Cotton? Tobacco? Other slave-worked crops? And of course it was controlled by too few men. Three-fifths compromise, anyone?

Cinco de Mayo is a national holiday that is indicated on Mexican calendars; not on US calendars. I don't see why anyone would think that American banks, U.S. Postal Service offices, as well as federal and state offices should be closed on the Fifth of May.

Werbung:
WileE is getting excited over nothing. Cinco de Mayo isn't federally recognized in the U.S. anyway. Banks, post offices and everything else are open as usual.

Back