Sestak story not going away for Obama!

CoachV40

I can't believe that I am saying this, but Joe Scarborough is absolutely right. Other than CNN no other mainstream White House friendly network has touched the story about Rep. Joe Sestak (D). He claims that he was offered a job by the WH on several occasions if he would drop out of the race against Specter. A illegal and I guess technically an impeachable offense if P BO knew about it. Your thoughts?

Werbung:
How the Sestak job offer became a big deal

Party leaders and campaign operatives -- on nearly a daily basis -- approach challenger candidates seeking to disrupt the established political order with a simple message: Get out or else.

And so, the report this morning that former President Bill Clinton was tasked by White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel to make such an approach to Rep. Joe Sestak -- allegedly offering him an unpaid advisory role on an intelligence board in exchange for getting him to drop his primary bid against Sen. Arlen Specter (Pa.) -- would not normally raise much of a stir in official Washington.

So, offering a pesky challenger a job in order to get them to stop campaigning is just business as usual in Washington, according to that. So why did this little political dirty trick get to be a big deal?

How do you make something out of nothing?," asked one such operative who was granted anonymity to speak candidly about the matter. "By acting guilty when you're innocent."

Obama was "acting guilty?" What does that mean?

The matter reached a head during President Obama's press conference yesterday when, asked by Fox News Channel's Major Garrett about the details of the Sestak job offer, the President said only: "I can assure the public that nothing improper took place. But as I said, there will be a response shortly on that issue."

By deflection and typical political stonewalling?

Interesting story. let's see what, if anything comes of it.

Werbung:
Back