September 11, 2001

tater03

Where and what were you doing five years ago on this date? I will never forget where and how i felt. I was 8 mons. pregnant with my second child. I was at work and called my mom who was watching my older son and she told me that a plane had just hit the world trade center. By the time i got back from break we heard on the radio about the second plane. To say the least we all were in shock. I remember standing there thinking oh my god what kind of a world am i bringing this child into? The finally just let us go home. I could not wait to get back to my family. It was where i felt i needed to be. I will never forget.

Werbung:
I was out "beating the pavement" looking for a job. I didn't find out till around 11am. I rushed home after I found out and my face was glued to the T.V the rest of the day.

i had just arrived at work when i heard on the radio a plane had hit the Twin towers. A few minutes later they announced another plane had hit and went into the coverage. I was listening intently the whole time and had a hard time concentrating on my work. Then after work I rushed home and turned on the TV

I was a senior in high school.

The first class of the day botany we were outside planning some beutification project for the school. We had walked over to where our security guard was and he was telling our teacher a plane had hit one of the towers. I don't think it really registered at that point.

I don't think we even knew then that it was a terrorist attack. It really didn't register till I got home and saw the news. It was horrific.

I was running errands. The first plane hit and I remember thinking "how do you not see the WTC?" The second plane hit and I heard it live on the radio. I stopped to call my husband on the way home because I needed to hear his voice. I was home before the Pentegon and I saw the collapse live. I'm still in awe over the number of people that survived. I remember the origional figures were "up to thirty or fifty thousand."

I also remember that exactly one month later there was a greyhound bus hijacked. It turned out to be nothing, but I started paying my bills on a different day.

Werbung:
I was at school in 8th grade. I was young and stupid then so I cared less than I should have.

Perhaps I still am young and stupid.

Back