Selected Images from Lebanon (WARNING - GRAPHIC)

Jim

After coming across a Web site hosting dozens of pictures from the havoc wreaked on the city of Qana, Lebanon, I decided it would be appropriate to put some of them up here for examination and discussion. I'll label them with letters for easier reference.

Picture A:
leb21.jpg

Picture B:
leb7.jpg

Picture C:
leb5.jpg

Picture D:
leb6.jpg

Werbung:
Picture M:
leb62.jpg

Picture N:
leb64.jpg

Picture O:
leb119.jpg

I've left out most of the very graphic photos of charred bodies, dead children, and unidentifiable corpses, instead opting to try to put together a picture of exactly what Israel is doing in Lebanon. The selection here is mild compared to the rest of the photos in the collection I took them from, which can be found here for those interested.

The first thing I notice about these pictures is that the attacks took place in residential areas, specifically apartment buildings. Means of transportation (e.g., cars, bridges, roads) were also relentlessly destroyed. The city was essentially turned to rubble and its people killed indiscriminately by the Israeli onsalught.

Brandon: That's just the thing—Haifa got off pretty easy compared to cities in Lebanon. Israel is blowing Lebanon to pieces, while the Hezbollah attacks have barely caused any damage (and apparently no casualties). Not only that, but Israel has the capability to prevent the small rockets from hitting their targets, yet it chooses to let them fall. This says volumes about their intentions.

But even if Haifa were completely leveled by Hezbollah, it wouldn't justify wreaking that kind of death and destruction on another country's civilians. If it's terrorism when Arabs do it, then it's terrorism when Jews do it too, not self-defense. Moreover, these attacks clearly aren't targeting Hezbollah; the Israelis are indiscriminately laying waste to entire Lebanese cities. They're launching powerful aerial strikes into apartment buildings and city squares, killing hundreds of innocent people.

Forgive me for being one-sided, but this thread is meant to be about the assault on Lebanon. The attacks on Haifa and other Israeli cities get more than enough coverage from the decidely pro-Israel American mainstream media. If you feel that these attacks deserve more coverage than they're already getting, start up a thread of your own. You should be able to find all the photos you need on CNN, Fox News, and MSNBC.

Those pictures gave me goose bumps:( I didnt want to see them but it brought home what is really happening.

How can they rebuild all that!! That's not a war zone that's residential areas!! I cant figure how people can think war is ever the answer? Watch them try and occupy Lebanon when this is all over.

How can anyone think this will help the region?

UGH!:mad:

palefrost said:
Those pictures gave me goose bumps:(
You said it! Those pictures show what is really happening in Lebanon without the candy coating from the current administration.

For the comments Jim made earlier. I am not saying that pictures of devastation in Israel will somehow justify this horrible conflict. I am merely pointing out that this aggression is not contained within a vacuum. Even if Hezbollah did 1/10th the damage, it should still be shown.

palefrost: I assume you checked out the full collection, because the 15 pictures I posted here are practically a Disney movie compared to some of the others.

Brandon: Like I said, start up a thread full of pictures from Israel.

I am completely opposed to the destruction of residential areas when it comes to war and thats what makes this kind of conflict so difficult for me when terrorists and the like tend to hide in residential areas and disguise themselves as civilians.

I guessed that this was the real story but the pictures bring it home. Thank you Jim for showing the truth. Yes there is destruction in Israel too however it isn't a fourth as bad. This is one instance when I wish the US would step in but they won't.

If the United States were to get involved, it would be to take power in Lebanon as a step toward invading Syria. I imagine Syria would see through it and be prepared to attack at the slightest indication of U.S. aggression within their borders.

Israel is pretending to be launching attacks against rocket launcher sites in the south, but then they blow Beirut to pieces even though no attacks have originated in Beirut (because it's too far away). They are clearly trying to topple the Lebanese government under the fog of war against Hezbollah. When they succeed, they will make like the Americans—pretend as if they absolutely need to stick around and "rebuild" or "stabilize" or whatever other bogus crap they can squeeze out, all the while establishing a proxy power system for themselves. Lebanon will gradually become "settled" by Jews, turning that so-called buffer zone into an Israeli town, just like what has been done to Palestinian lands.

I completely agree Jim. Isn't it amazing how so many don't see what is really happening?

Of course it is a very difficult situation when the source of the threat is contained within civilian locations. But that is the nature of war - strategy to win. The problem I have with Hezbollah is that their "goal" is primarily to create chaos, not to actually achieve anything concrete (in the short run, anyway). Which makes fighting them, in civilian areas or not, extremely difficult. The US has the same problem with it's supposed war on terror, although it has handled it differently than Isael has.

Werbung:
Jim, are you making assumptions again? Tsk Tsk.

Jim said:
They are clearly trying to topple the Lebanese government under the fog of war against Hezbollah. When they succeed, they will make like the Americans—pretend as if they absolutely need to stick around and "rebuild" or "stabilize" or whatever other bogus crap they can squeeze out, all the while establishing a proxy power system for themselves.
Claiming that Israel is bombing Beirut to set up a proxy power system is without merit (or hard evidence). While you may be correct in your assumption, doing so is pure fantasy until evidence materializes.

Jim said:
Lebanon will gradually become "settled" by Jews, turning that so-called buffer zone into an Israeli town, just like what has been done to Palestinian lands.

Israelis are having a hard enough time settling (and maintaining peace) in Israel, nevermind another country. While attacking Beirut is 'sketchy' since Hezbollah is not attacking from the Lebanese capital but southern Lebanon, I don't see Israel as trying to topple their government. My opinion would be Israel is punishing the Lebanese government for supporting Hezbollah. That is only my opinion though.

Are you claiming Jews didn't have any claim over Israel and that it is 100% Palestinian's land?

Back