Sarah Palin's book leaps to #1 two days after release date is announced

Little-Acorn

I hope the leftists had a good time crowing that nobody wanted Sarah Palin's book. Apparently the American people only had a few hours to allow the leftists their glee. Actual figures are starting to come out now and, to put it politely, the leftists' statements are "no longer operative".

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0909/27773.html

Two days after the release date of Sarah Palin's book was announced, it's already become the top seller at both Amazon.com and BarnesandNoble.com.

Palin’s publisher announced Monday that the former governor of Alaska and Republican vice presidential candidate had finished her memoir, "Going Rogue: An American Life," early and was moving the release date up from the spring to November 17.

A Palin source told POLITICO that she "is very grateful" for the strong early sales.

"This book has taken off like a rocket," the source said.

HarperCollins will print 1.5 million copies for the book’s first run, the same number that was printed for late Sen. Ted Kennedy’s memoir "True Compass."

Kennedy’s book, published earlier this month, currently stands at number six on the Amazon list.

A publishing industry source told POLITICO that they "cannot remember a non-fiction book taking off like this in the pre-order market. It became number one only a couple of hours after nothing more than a date announcement. It is truly unprecedented."

Werbung:
I would never say people would not buy it, I would say it would be worthless trash though devoid of any ideas

Now , I must admit the author of this post is indeed and expert on judging Worthless Trash BUT remember this Sarah Palin received SEVEN MILLION DOLLARS as an ADVANCE on her book . The Huge Liberal . teddy Kennedy died trying to increase his advance sales and FAILED AGAIN! CASE CLOSED!
GO SARAH GO!!!!

Nice to see why she abandoned her post in Alaska.

Levi needs to do a tell all book before he has a snow mobile "accident."

Now , I must admit the author of this post is indeed and expert on judging Worthless Trash BUT remember this Sarah Palin received SEVEN MILLION DOLLARS as an ADVANCE on her book . The Huge Liberal . teddy Kennedy died trying to increase his advance sales and FAILED AGAIN! CASE CLOSED!
GO SARAH GO!!!!

why do you talk? realy. Your wasting text space that could be used by others with real thoughts and ideas....

Hope she enjoys it. Even right wing rags got to shout.

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/sarah_lectures_tough_sell_Z6eKRnldUitBmiOfXCBjlI

Sarah's lectures a tough sell

SARAH Palin is said to have pocketed a $7 million advance for the 400-page memoir she turned in four months early, but she might not have such an easy time on the lecture circuit.

After quitting as governor of Alaska in July, Palin signed with the top-notch Washington Speakers Bureau, which also reps George W. Bush, Laura Bush, Condoleezza Rice, hero pilot Chesley Sullenberger, LA Dodgers manager Joe Torre and magician David Blaine.

Palin's bookers are said to be asking for $100,000 per speech, but an industry expert tells Page Six: "The big lecture buyers in the US are paralyzed with fear about booking her, basically because they think she is a blithering idiot."

Many big lecture venues are subscription series, "and they don't want to tick people off," said our source. "Palin is polarizing, and some subscribers might cancel if she's on the lineup." Other lecture buyers are universities, which have a leftist slant, and corporations, which dislike controversy.

"Palin is so uninteresting to so many groups -- unless they are interested in moose hunting," said our insider. "What does she have to say? She can't even describe what she reads."

Palin likely quit as governor just months after losing the election as John McCain's vice-presidential running mate because of money. "She knew that if she waited until her term ended in 2010, these opportunities would be gone," said a source. "She would have lost millions by staying in office."

Palin's "Going Rogue: An American Life" is described by Harper publisher John Burnham as "her words, her life, and it's all there in full and fascinating detail." Harper wouldn't discuss what Palin was paid.

Lynn Vincent, Palin's collaborator, wrote the book so fast, publication has been moved up from the spring to Nov. 17.

Face it folks. Conservatism is not as dead as the Liberals would like everyone to believe.

That's why 2 of Beck's books are #1. That's why conserevatives cannot get a grip on talk radio.

The left media - including NBC / ABC / CBS / MSNBC all are doing awful in ratings.

Why is that. Because America is more Conservative than it is Liberal. Period.

Face it folks. Conservatism is not as dead as the Liberals would like everyone to believe.

That's why 2 of Beck's books are #1. That's why conserevatives cannot get a grip on talk radio.

The left media - including NBC / ABC / CBS / MSNBC all are doing awful in ratings.

[/QUOTE]

I dont want to put any limits on your infinity here, but I think it is pretty clear that liberalism has become more poppular conservatism. Being a vocal minority does indicate much of anything besides being loud.

Lets look at FACTS THAT MATTER... elections. Democrats took the elections in 2006. In 2008 another Democrat won, but just as importantly, the GOP couldnt even nominate a conservative for the general election. Then they prop up Sarah Palin as being conservative. When the only ways she has shown to be conservative are gun control and abortion.

It is very clear through her past actions that she is a RINO at best.
I will be reading the book though, as I am sure plenty of other lefties will be as well. Most lefties arent like the right wingers who would rather not know what the other side is actually saying. They simply disregard the message based on the author. Glenn Beck, Rush and Sarah's books are read by both sides. Whereas Ted Kennedy and Bill Clinton and Obama's books are largely only digested on the left.

Except for THE FACT that 2/3 of America voted Liberal, and not just for the President, but for congressmen and senators.........America is more conservative huh?... nice try genius.

I always have to laugh when the wing nuts try to equate ratings to accuracy of reporting.....you'd be better off reading The National Enquirer, they are as accurate as faux:rolleyes:

How many copies have sold outside the US ?

When is she going to do a Playboy centerfold ?

Comrade Stalin, Victor of the Battle of Hephner Isawan Kurr

That's just a general description, not a definition of political affiliation, if you had read further down that neat little page you linked to you would have seen that. (Then again, maybe you omitted that part on purpose?) There are conservative democrats, and liberal republicans, but you just keep twisting those words to help you sleep at night if that's what it takes, the rest of us will live in reality and see you when you get here.

Werbung:
Back