Sales tax ruling

Werbung:
Oh, that tax one.
I thought that was a good call. It's not fair for some retailers to be required to collect sales taxes while others get a pass.
I see a new cottage industry appearing funneling shipments through fake addresses in no tax areas. Wonder how they will enforce it ? Especially with China ?

I see a new cottage industry appearing funneling shipments through fake addresses in no tax areas. Wonder how they will enforce it ? Especially with China ?
I don't know just how it will be enforced. No doubt there will be some fraud to be found. A "cottage industry," however, isn't going to be able to keep up with Amazon.

I don't know just how it will be enforced. No doubt there will be some fraud to be found. A "cottage industry," however, isn't going to be able to keep up with Amazon.
The cottage industry trades with the purchaser not Amazon. If you buy a lot on line it would be cheaper to pay a premium instead of the tax.

The cottage industry trades with the purchaser not Amazon. If you buy a lot on line it would be cheaper to pay a premium instead of the tax.
and cheaper for the owners of the cottage industry to defend themselves from tax evasion than simply to collect the tax? Hardly. Remember: The retailer is not paying the tax. It is collecting the tax.

and cheaper for the owners of the cottage industry to defend themselves from tax evasion than simply to collect the tax? Hardly. Remember: The retailer is not paying the tax. It is collecting the tax.
If they are based in a non tax locality, there is no defend.

Werbung:
Back