Russia says intercepted US drone over Crimea: arms group

steveox

Moscow (AFP) - A United States surveillance drone has been intercepted above the Ukranian region of Crimea, a Russian state arms and technology group said Friday.

"The drone was flying at about 4,000 metres (12,000 feet) and was virtually invisible from the ground. It was possible to break the link with US operators with complex radio-electronic" technology, said Rostec in a statement.

The drone fell "almost intact into the hands of self-defence forces" added Rostec, which said it had manufactured the equipment used to down the aircraft, but did not specify who was operating it.

"Judging by its identification number, UAV MQ-5B belonged to the 66th American Reconnaissance Brigade, based in Bavaria," Rostec said on its website, which also carried a picture of what it said was the captured drone.

The photograph appeared to show an apparently armed drone in flight, rather than debris.

http://news.yahoo.com/russia-says-intercepted-us-drone-over-crimea-arms-180430584.html

This should be called an Act of War. If I were president I give two choices to Mr Putin. Ether withdraw within 48 hours or I will order every navy vessel to sink any Russian sub within 1000 miles from US coastline.

Werbung:
I want much more than that. They shot down our Drone now we sink their subs
they didnt shoot it down, they overrode the control signal of the drone illegally in their airspace and flew it to their waiting drone catcher guys. I dont see any Ivan-ox's calling for them to start sinking our subs. Maybe we can just make them take a couple million of our parasites and call it even.

they didnt shoot it down, they overrode the control signal of the drone illegally in their airspace and flew it to their waiting drone catcher guys. I dont see any Ivan-ox's calling for them to start sinking our subs. Maybe we can just make them take a couple million of our parasites and call it even.

Actually, it wasn't 'illegally in their airspace' .... it was in Ukranian airspace, authorized by the Ukranians government. The attack by the Russian does, in fact, constitute an act of war ... but not against the US, against the Ukranian government.

Actually, it wasn't 'illegally in their airspace' .... it was in Ukranian airspace, authorized by the Ukranians government. The attack by the Russian does, in fact, constitute an act of war ... but not against the US, against the Ukranian government.
While Im sure Ukraine wouldnt care, do you really think we asked ?

In the future drones will be rendered useless. The superpowers will all have technology to detect them. I always believed they would have a relatively short lifespan, or limited use.

Obama is a weak President. Even weaker than Jimmy Carter. If JFK was president right now oh boy he will get very tough on Putin.

Typical Obama...he thinks sending a drone in is going to scare Putin...

View attachment 627

It wasnt intended to scare putin it was to gain information, it was a reconnaisance drone not a missle launcer. Im not defending obama not much to defend him for, but blaming him everytime you run out of toilet paper is just ridiculous

Obama is a weak President. Even weaker than Jimmy Carter. If JFK was president right now oh boy he will get very tough on Putin.
Disagree. Putin wouldnt be sniffing around Ukraine if JFK was running things.
Monday is the "deadline". Bets on nothing happening ?

Werbung:
JFK put the Military right in the soviets face twice!

Not even remotely related, first of all, the cuban crisis was a direct threat to the United States and any president would have made a stand, the USSR was placing nuclear missiles 90 miles off the coast of florida.
JFK had a congress that would vote with him on almost anything and it was a different time in america, today americans dont support any actions especially those that do not directly effect us.
The constant wars since 911 changed public support forever.

Back