Rules For Radicals

I know where you stand on abortion already, but what about polygamy? I'm assuming contra...

Have you been following the Warren Jeffs trial? What a scumbag!

I don't think the government has a right to tell you how many people you can be married to. And the First Amendment to the United States Constitution says that Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

There are some groups who for what ever reason think they cannot get to heaven without plural marriage. I don't personally believe that but they do. FLDS believe this and cannot practice it.

Yes I have followed the trial and I am glad he is arrested and convicted and I hope he gets life. One of his victims lives here in Oregon and wrote a book called stolen innocence, it was very good and enlightening.

Not all people who believe in or wish to participate in polygamy are in cults or want to "do it with kids" thats like saying all homosexual men want to wear girls panties :)

Werbung:
I don't think the government has a right to tell you how many people you can be married to. And the First Amendment to the United States Constitution says that Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

There are some groups who for what ever reason think they cannot get to heaven without plural marriage. I don't personally believe that but they do. FLDS believe this and cannot practice it.

Yes I have followed the trial and I am glad he is arrested and convicted and I hope he gets life. One of his victims lives here in Oregon and wrote a book called stolen innocence, it was very good and enlightening.

Not all people who believe in or wish to participate in polygamy are in cults or want to "do it with kids" thats like saying all homosexual men want to wear girls panties :)

I can't find anything to argue with there. Jeffs is a manipulator and a child predator who is getting what he deserves, but among consenting adults, why should the government have a say in the matter?

How about gay marriage? Are you on board with the libertarians on that one too?

I can't find anything to argue with there. Jeffs is a manipulator and a child predator who is getting what he deserves, but among consenting adults, why should the government have a say in the matter?

How about gay marriage? Are you on board with the libertarians on that one too?

I dont care if homosexuals get married or not. But remember I am for government getting out of marriage all together. It should be the way it used to be before IRS and the government got their rotten hands on it.

I dont care if homosexuals get married or not. But remember I am for government getting out of marriage all together. It should be the way it used to be before IRS and the government got their rotten hands on it.
I'm back. I don't get passionate about government/moral issues. I generally am bemused by things like Perry's Prayer Day, or whatever it's called. As a male I have no right to have serious views about abortion. I have nothing against polygamy. I am for whatever gays want as long as they don't harm others.

These are minor issues compared to the ones I am passionate about -- the 50 to 100 year future of the US and the planet. Too much population growth. Burning energy like there's no tomorrow. (Literally.)

I'm back. I don't get passionate about government/moral issues. I generally am bemused by things like Perry's Prayer Day, or whatever it's called. As a male I have no right to have serious views about abortion. I have nothing against polygamy. I am for whatever gays want as long as they don't harm others.

These are minor issues compared to the ones I am passionate about -- the 50 to 100 year future of the US and the planet. Too much population growth. Burning energy like there's no tomorrow. (Literally.)

OK I think we might have something to argue about *Grin*

You are worried about too much population growth right?

Please tell me what you think needs to be done so this does not become a problem in the future?

OK I think we might have something to argue about *Grin*

You are worried about too much population growth right?

Please tell me what you think needs to be done so this does not become a problem in the future?

There is no good solution. The population must come to equilibrium some time in the future. There is no way around it. Equilibrium means that the rate of people dying is the same as the rate of birth. Equilibrium could happen through starvation, disease, war, genocide. Or severe birth control. Or both.

Any way at this point is untenable. So what do we do now? It seems that the best thing is to leave the next generation to worry about it.

There is no good solution. The population must come to equilibrium some time in the future. There is no way around it. Equilibrium means that the rate of people dying is the same as the rate of birth. Equilibrium could happen through starvation, disease, war, genocide. Or severe birth control. Or both.

Any way at this point is untenable. So what do we do now? It seems that the best thing is to leave the next generation to worry about it.

In this era of medical progresses that have eradicated huge plagues (thank God!), I don't think any of the "solutions" to population growth are good except for severe birth control.

Severe birth control? Explain please?

I don't see the over population being a problem, earth has a way of dealing with us if it gets too bad. I don't think we will ever get to a point where we die exactly as fast as we are born but I think natural disasters and such will take out huge chunks of people and then the population will be lower till its bigger again and the world turns.

But I am very interested in this severe birth control

So I googled "Severe birth control" and the only stuff that came up was severe cramping while taking birth control pills and stuff like that. So this isn't something I can find on my own

In this era of medical progresses that have eradicated huge plagues (thank God!), I don't think any of the "solutions" to population growth are good except for severe birth control.

I'm not as optimistic. It takes 10 years to bring a new drug on the market. A virus or bacteria can mutate in weeks. Viruses are getting more virulent. The next HIV mutation might be a real killer. More and more people are living in squalor and will be susceptible.

Severe birth control? Explain please?

I don't see the over population being a problem, earth has a way of dealing with us if it gets too bad. I don't think we will ever get to a point where we die exactly as fast as we are born but I think natural disasters and such will take out huge chunks of people and then the population will be lower till its bigger again and the world turns.
Thats exactly what I mean: starvation, disease, war, genocide, but I forgot natural disasters.
But I am very interested in this severe birth control

So I googled "Severe birth control" and the only stuff that came up was severe cramping while taking birth control pills and stuff like that. So this isn't something I can find on my own

Not cramping:). The way the Chinese are limiting family sizes.

Thats exactly what I mean: starvation, disease, war, genocide, but I forgot natural disasters.

Not cramping:). The way the Chinese are limiting family sizes.

The Chinese limit their family size by allowing only one child per family and if you are caught pregnant with a second child even in the 9th month they kill the baby even while the mother begs for the babies life :(

I have seen it in documentary when the law was in its first 5 years of implementation and I have followed what has been going on since then.

Another problem with the way they do things is they have far more abortions than most countries and later term abortions because everyone or most everyone wants a male child so they continue with the pregnancy till it can be determined if it is a boy or girl, if a girl its aborted.

Causing yet another problem of a country too over populated by males and not enough females.

To me this is fixing a problem with 3 more problems

The Chinese limit their family size by allowing only one child per family and if you are caught pregnant with a second child even in the 9th month they kill the baby even while the mother begs for the babies life :(

I have seen it in documentary when the law was in its first 5 years of implementation and I have followed what has been going on since then.

Another problem with the way they do things is they have far more abortions than most countries and later term abortions because everyone or most everyone wants a male child so they continue with the pregnancy till it can be determined if it is a boy or girl, if a girl its aborted.

Causing yet another problem of a country too over populated by males and not enough females.

To me this is fixing a problem with 3 more problems

Yes it is an abominable solution. So what is the recourse? Unlimited population growth till the death rate becomes high? I have no idea how to solve the problem.

Yes it is an abominable solution. So what is the recourse? Unlimited population growth till the death rate becomes high? I have no idea how to solve the problem.

I am for education and leading by example

I had one natural son and adopted a daughter but came from a family of 6

I figured it out on my own that the more kids I have the less I can give to each of them so I went from dreaming of having a huge family with maybe 17 kids to a very small family.

Others might not figure that out on their own so maybe we could find ways to promote awareness but NOT THROUGH GOVERNMENT. We as citizens can take it upon ourselves to do this.

I don't think the USA really has a problem with people having large family's. Some do but its not nearly as common as people who have one or two or people who adopt rather than conceive.

The problem is in some other countries where its still very popular to have large family's.

I figured it out on my own that the more kids I have the less I can give to each of them so I went from dreaming of having a huge family with maybe 17 kids to a very small family.

Others might not figure that out on their own so maybe we could find ways to promote awareness but NOT THROUGH GOVERNMENT. We as citizens can take it upon ourselves to do this.

I don't think the USA really has a problem with people having large family's. Some do but its not nearly as common as people who have one or two or people who adopt rather than conceive.

The problem is in some other countries where its still very popular to have large family's.
I think education would help no more than 50% of the population. The other 50% will overwhelm the world with too high a growth rate. It is a deep instinct for couples to have families. Education can't cut through that.

Werbung:

Family size tends to relate to a family's perceived needs for perpetuating the family. When families need cheap labor, as on family farms, families will tend towards being large. When infant and child mortality is high, families will tend to be large. When parents need children to take care of them in their old age, families tend to be large. When families do well and their standard of living rises, they tend to have fewer children so that the family's accumulating wealth isn't sucked away into child care needs.

These are all natural occurring trends.

Back