responsibility

pakistanilover2011

Now I know good and well that my family, my job, my eating habits and my health are all my responsibility. I really don't understand the cause for debate? Is it just because people can't afford their bills and want me to pay them? I can assure you that I can not, I am too busy taking care of my responsibilities and if I could I would. Maybe there should be some sort of fund that people can donate to to help with healthcare for those who can't afford it... oh wait, they do, it is called a charity and big businesses donate big money for big write offs. I pay uncle sam enough, i shouldn't have to pay for your copd because you chose to smoke your whole life. Just sayin.

Werbung:
Ok this is fair but a lot of people mainly republicans talk about responsibility but then turn around and ban things like drugs prostitution etc... These crimes only harm those that choose to do these things, so it is up to them to take responsibility for the consequences of their actions. So by this logic it is safe to assume that you do not approve of drug laws or prostitution laws and if you do you are not applying this idea fairly.

Ok this is fair but a lot of people mainly republicans talk about responsibility but then turn around and ban things like drugs prostitution etc... These crimes only harm those that choose to do these things, so it is up to them to take responsibility for the consequences of their actions. So by this logic it is safe to assume that you do not approve of drug laws or prostitution laws and if you do you are not applying this idea fairly.

It is impossible to claim drug use is victimless crime or deny the relationship between drugs and violence, especially when looking at an Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP) estimate for 1995, which estimates there were almost 53,000 drug-related deaths in that year alone, compared to 58,000 American lives lost in eight and a half years in the Vietnam War.And I can give you a hundred more.. The assertions dismissing the connection between drugs and violence by legalization proponents are simply not true. Drug use, legal or not, is not a victimless crime; it is a crime that destroys communities, families, and lives.

regards
Doug

Prostitution..As a Christian I am against it, and in the long run will hurt both parties..BUT..

If one person is paying and the other is getting paid, and it's done in private, it's a crime.
If both people are getting paid and it's done in front of a camera, it's commerce. ..Just sayin'

I'm not sure that this is either an argument against the notion of it being a victim less crime or for it.I think in the end, it's not absolutely a crime that has victims.

Doug

It is impossible to claim drug use is victimless crime or deny the relationship between drugs and violence, especially when looking at an Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP) estimate for 1995, which estimates there were almost 53,000 drug-related deaths in that year alone, compared to 58,000 American lives lost in eight and a half years in the Vietnam War.And I can give you a hundred more.. The assertions dismissing the connection between drugs and violence by legalization proponents are simply not true. Drug use, legal or not, is not a victimless crime; it is a crime that destroys communities, families, and lives.

regards
Doug
So the government must save us from ourselves? Sounds like tyranny to me.

Don't know much about drugs or prostitution do you ? Anything but victimless crimes.

From a libertarian perspective, the plying of either trade in proximity to my property in fringes on my life (drive by shootings), liberty (threat of harm) and property (value). oh for three there buckeroo.

Don't know much about drugs or prostitution do you ? Anything but victimless crimes.

From a libertarian perspective, the plying of either trade in proximity to my property in fringes on my life (drive by shootings), liberty (threat of harm) and property (value). oh for three there buckeroo.

Can anyone be a claim to be a victim of a consensual transaction? Dogtowner you dont know squat sh1t about Libertarianism you should educate yourself.

http://www.lppa.org/smf/

Talk to them they will tell you what Libertarianism is.

So the government must save us from ourselves? Sounds like tyranny to me.

I never said the government needs to save anyone..I just said it's not a victimless crime..As for me,I can protect myself..lol

Doug

I never said the government needs to save anyone..I just said it's not a victimless crime..As for me,I can protect myself..lol

Doug

How can one claim to be a victim if it is their decision to begin with? Its sort of like saying your a victim of assault after you ask the man to punch you in the face.

How can one claim to be a victim if it is their decision to begin with? Its sort of like saying your a victim of assault after you ask the man to punch you in the face.

Now your just being stupid..re-read my post..

I see you're looking for a personal fight, bye.

If I were being personal, I would have said you are stupid..not being stupid or acting stupid..I only fight when there is something in it for me..

Regards
Doug

Now I know good and well that my family, my job, my eating habits and my health are all my responsibility. I really don't understand the cause for debate? Is it just because people can't afford their bills and want me to pay them? I can assure you that I can not, I am too busy taking care of my responsibilities and if I could I would. Maybe there should be some sort of fund that people can donate to to help with healthcare for those who can't afford it... oh wait, they do, it is called a charity and big businesses donate big money for big write offs. I pay uncle sam enough, i shouldn't have to pay for your copd because you chose to smoke your whole life. Just sayin.

You should not HAVE to pay for someone else's care but you should be actively caring about others to the extent that you are very willing to help in whatever way you choose.

You are correct that the republicans are almost as bad as the democrats when it comes to legislating away others rights. Mostly they just have a different list of rights they are willing to ban.

Werbung:

regards
Doug

I respectfully see a bit more complexity here.

The act of selling a bag of pot does no harm. The harm that is associated with the sale is associated with it for a variety of complex reasons. The sale itself causes no harm. If you want to ban the things that create victims then don't ban the sale ban the harmful activities that are associated with the sale. Are you against drive by shootings? Then ban the drive by shootings not the sale. If you want to ban the sale of drugs because there are drive by shootings then logically one would ban driving because there are automobile accidents.

Back