Reputation system

PoliticalGrrrl

I noticed this morning (I'm slow, sorry) that you have a reputation system in place. I was a member of another forum that had something similiar and I was wondering if this is something you guys have done for awhile or is it something new? Does it seem to work?

I ask because at this other place (that shall remain nameless) it didn't work so well. People would just simply disagree with a person and give them a couple of negative rep points (no matter how good of a debater they were or how respectful they were) and next thing you know, there was a bunch of junior high school'ish *****ing and fighting going on.

Oh, and I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. I wasn't entirely sure if questions should go here or not. :eek:

Werbung:
The suggestions forum is the right place. Suggestions is essentially a Talk to the Moderator forum.

As to your question, to be honest, I don't think anyone here really uses the reputation system.

the reputation points are not even displayed under the avatar. so it is useless to use them at all.

I agree with the thread starter's point, btw.

It's a bar graph with little green boxes under your posts number. Right now everyone only has one green box because nobody's using the reputation system I think.

The reputation system is for morons who would rather look at tiny green boxes rather than read a particular member's posts.

It may be for morons, but it's still fun. Any chance of getting received reputation to show up in the UserCP?

Or does it already and I just haven't received any? lol.

I know the admin is in and out sporadically, but how much power over the forum mechanics do super mods have?

Werbung:
Super mods are just mods with the ability to moderate all the different sub sections of the forum. Normal mods are just sub section specific moderators.

So basically, we can edit, lock, merge, and delete and otherwise modify threads in themselves. We can ban and unban members permenantly or temporarily, and get more space in our inbox (yeah, wow!).
We can't change anything to do with the way the forum overall works, only each thread and member on an independent level... if you get me.

Back