Republicans take back Senate

Werbung:
A party mandate to stop the president? No one sees anything wrong with that statement? Are we now a nation of people who WANT to be dictated to by the GOP?

In what part of the constitution was it said that the party not in power has the mandate to overrule the vote of the nation and render the chosen president ineffectual?

The joy in such remarks and the seeming belief that this is a good thing is so frightening to me.

Obama is no better or worse than any other president living or dead. They all have their plus column and negatives. imo

It's not the man it's the system that needs to be fixed so men can't manipulate it to their own desires against the laws.

The laws need to be fixed so they are not obsolete, redundant or contradictory. Laws that can't be supported by police action need to be looked at and made so that they can be upheld and effective.

The laws need to be followed, applied uniformly and be fair.

The president does some things, constitutionally at his own descretion and the idea that anyone thinks that the opposing party should supersede the elected president without a referendum is like telling some dictator they want them to take over and stop our duly elected president and ignore the rules of the constitution. Maybe you think those words sound good and tough. It's treason. imo mym

If the gop found that BOs policies were uniformly badnI would hope they would fight them.
And its amusing samemym does not comment on BOs unwillingness to bend (you lost).
It takes two to tango and BO made it clear he had no intention to do so.

In what part of the constitution was it said that the party not in power has the mandate to overrule the vote of the nation and render the chosen president ineffectual?

Parties aren't mentioned at all in the Constitution but separation of powers are. You seem to think the President is a King but he isn't and Congress is actually supposed to oppose him.

http://www.sessions.senate.gov/publ...372d7c277/nonenforcement-timeline-updated.pdf

Timeline: How The Obama Administration Bypassed Congress To Dismantle Immigration Enforcement
In September 2011, Obama said, “We live in a democracy. You have to pass bills through the legislature, and then I can sign it.”

Yet, less than a year after he personally disputed the notion that the Executive Branch could act on its own and grant legal status to a class of individuals, he instituted the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals directive to grant legal status to a large segment of the illegal immigrant population in the U.S.
This unprecedented directive, combined with numerous other lesser-reported but far reaching Executive actions, circumvented Congress, defied federal law, and dismantled interior enforcement.
Below is a detailed timeline of many of these Executive actions, which, collectively, undermine the constitutional rule of law upon which our nation’s greatness depends.

Some people think that it's enough that Yomammi is half black to earn him a pass. Some people just accept him as their King.

Others think that he has an obligation to "faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

What this means is that Prez swore an oath to discharge his duties according to the laws of the land as prescribed, NOT to pick and choose which ones he wishes to ignore.
I never expected a Marxist agent of ZOG to follow anything but the Zionist agenda. So far I have been proven right.

I would find the media attempts to frame him as a Muslim as laughable given his staff and advisers if the truth of the matter wasn't so serious. It's disturbing to see how many Jay walkers fall for the ruse.

Kumbaya

If the gop found that BOs policies were uniformly badnI would hope they would fight them.
And its amusing samemym does not comment on BOs unwillingness to bend (you lost).
It takes two to tango and BO made it clear he had no intention to do so.

Of course, there should be vigorous opposition to policies they don't agree on.

It's not the presidents unwillingness to bend here. The president is only one guy and he has only vetoed twice.

This isn't a contest. Nothing is going to pop out of my computer for being right. I am posting my opinion of remarks I respond to.

It take HUNDREDS to tango/bend to get something done in government. The republicans SIGNED PLEDGES TO STOP OBAMA so they aren't exactly showing flexibility. imo mym

Parties aren't mentioned at all in the Constitution but separation of powers are. You seem to think the President is a King but he isn't and Congress is actually supposed to oppose him.

I think no such thing. I do think that this constant 'party' fighting to give power to one over the other is not good for the nation.

I have heard the republicans VOW to defeat ANYTHING Obama wants from the time he took office. I find that compelling evidence that there is a preset mandate on the party of that party against the man and the opposing party NO MATTER WHAT THE ISSUE.

'Course they have no problem when it comes to war. They are all for making war no matter the cost. Health care, jobs, infrastructure, funding the government, helping the poor, not so much. Suggest an uptick in war and they are all ready to show their agreement then....imo mym

The midterm elections end the balance of power between the White House and Capitol Hill: GOP will have a majority in the House and Senate.

What do you expect for the next two years and for the 2016 presidential election?
Walter,
I don’t know what the GOP will do, But I know what they should do..
Just don’t give Democrats the talking point — it’s that simple.
If Republicans can maintain a near laser-like focus on jobs and the economy (that’s not to say they can’t deal with other important issues like fixing Obamacare, immigration or dealing with the Islamic State), they could improve their chances in 2016.
Focus on the issues that Americans keep saying they care about more than anything else — the same issues that have been ignored in the past six years in favor of wedge issues.
Fact…The GOP more or less started the 112th Congress this way, passing dozens of bills dealing with jobs, taxes and regulations that Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., refused to bring to a vote.
But now they have the majority in both chambers of Congress, there’s no excuse for not doing the job the American people have been asking of Washington since Obama was elected.

I think no such thing. I do think that this constant 'party' fighting to give power to one over the other is not good for the nation.

I have heard the republicans VOW to defeat ANYTHING Obama wants from the time he took office. I find that compelling evidence that there is a preset mandate on the party of that party against the man and the opposing party NO MATTER WHAT THE ISSUE.

'Course they have no problem when it comes to war. They are all for making war no matter the cost. Health care, jobs, infrastructure, funding the government, helping the poor, not so much. Suggest an uptick in war and they are all ready to show their agreement then....imo mym

You went all caps eh? OK. You didn't address my comment about Congress. ***** removed ***** .you do play the Party game.

Last edited by a moderator:
And the repulicans haven't pressed charges? The president BROKE the laws and no one is prosecuting him? Amazing. Guess that means they agree with him? mym

The only thing they can do is defund his projects, or impeach him, which means nothing, as there are not enough votes to remove him from office.

As for what the GOP can do in congress, they can pass bills and put them on Obama's desk. It will be up to Obama as to where it goes from there.

It wouldn't matter what you did with Yomammi if you could do anything with him at all. He is a figure head and a scapegoat, nothing more.

You have to get at the root of a problem if you want to fix it.

It wouldn't matter what you did with Yomammi if you could do anything with him at all. He is a figure head and a scapegoat, nothing more.

You have to get at the root of a problem if you want to fix it.

So what's the root of the problem?

Werbung:
Back