Republican BS about job creation

samsara15

I might find it possible to believe all this preposterous song and dance that Conservatives keep singing about how Obama has not created jobs, except that I have never heard even one whisper from Conservatives about how they would create jobs if they were in power. Their idea is to give business management a free hand to do whatever it wants to do, and then to defend business management to the death. Even when management cuts jobs and rewards themselves with outsized bonuses, at the expense of the stockholders. Let's hear from Conservatives a few ideas about how they would create jobs, unless they are happy being known as the party of "NO". The party of no ideas, no clues, and nothing to offer, except blind opposition.

Werbung:
I have never heard even one whisper from Conservatives about how they would create jobs
That's because you're not listening....

Their idea is to give business management a free hand to do whatever it wants to do, and then to defend business management to the death. Even when management cuts jobs and rewards themselves with outsized bonuses, at the expense of the stockholders.
And which Conservative has proposed this idea? A: None. It's just another strawman argument created by the Radical Left.

Let's hear from Conservatives a few ideas about how they would create jobs
First and foremost, pass a law prohibiting government from interfering in, and distorting, the free market - except to protect consumers from force and fraud. That means no more bailouts, no more subsidies, no sacred cows like Fannie and Freddie, no more "too big to fail" nonsense, no more government getting in bed with big business and vice versa.

Drastically cut income tax rates (33-50%) - across the board - for every single tax payer. I would like to see us totally reform taxation, and the IRS, by instituting a Flat Tax of 10-15% with zero exceptions and zero tax write offs.

Lower or eliminate corporate taxation. We have the second highest corporate taxes in the world, they keep getting higher, and it's driving business out of the country. Going to the lowest, or zero, corporate taxes would encourage companies to not only remain here but to move here from countries with higher tax rates.

Cut ALL government spending by 50% or more with no sacred cows.

Reform the FED with the intent to phase it out of existence - it has utterly failed to do the job it was created to accomplish.

Bank reforms. Institute a full reserve system of banking, allowing us to eliminate the FDIC and prevent market bubbles (as well as the devastating effects those bubbles have when they pop).

Remove the immigration cap on foreign professionals, especially health care providers. If we can phase out entitlement programs, remove the immigration caps altogether and have open immigration (which is NOT the same thing as having open boarders).

Of course, that is more Capitalist than Conservative... Conservatives will likely propose some reductions in taxes and call for slower rates of government spending but nothing else.

Bush cut taxes...how did that work? Debt , banks failed, auto industry went down, housing market failed...

I am surprised republicans don't come out and say the best way to fight Iran...is to cut taxes....its the only words they know.

terrific job creation under Bush and its y'alls dems mainly responsible for the housing mess.

Bush cut taxes...how did that work? Debt , banks failed, auto industry went down, housing market failed...

I am surprised republicans don't come out and say the best way to fight Iran...is to cut taxes....its the only words they know.

Yep what we need BO to do is raise taxes as high as possible. That would be a great plan...for the destruction of liberalism. :)

And, I am all for the destruction of liberalism.:D

Bush cut taxes...how did that work?
They worked great, his tax cuts lead to growth in the GDP and increased federal revenue. It was the reckless spending that created all the debt and it was governments involvement in distorting the housing markets that created the housing bubble. As for the auto industry, they brought that on themselves...

I'm surprised you haven't won a Darwin Award.

I still hear nothing about job creation. Benefit the haves, at the expense of the have nots, is all I hear.

Bank reforms are a good idea, but how are they tied to job creation?

Please explain the connection between income tax and job creation.

What entitlement programs are you talking about? The ones that people have paid 5-6 % of their income into, for years?

Will you cut the money spent on security? If os, how will that create jobs? If so, why has no elected official, of any ideology, ever given those ideas much support?

I still hear nothing about job creation. Benefit the haves, at the expense of the have nots, is all I hear.

What entitlement programs are you talking about? The ones that people have paid 5-6 % of their income into, for years?

Will you cut the money spent on security? If os, how will that create jobs? If so, why has no elected official, of any ideology, ever given those ideas much support?

if you keep more of your harn earned money you will be able to spend or invest it. spending spurs the economy which allows employers the confidence to hire, investment gives them the capital to do so.

not JUST income taxes of course.

whenn people are working they're paying taxes so revenues go up.

panfully simple really.

In 1920 we had a depression, in some ways worse than the "great" depression of the '30s. Rather than bailouts, stimulus packages and massive government spending.... Taxes were cut and the federal budget was reduced by 50%. The result was the roaring '20s which allowed us to begin paying off our national debt and gave us the lowest peacetime unemployment rate in history.

Depression of 1920

Federal spending was cut
from $6.3 billion in 1920 to $5 billion in 1921 and $3.2 billion in 1922. Federal taxes fell from $6.6 billion in 1920 to $5.5 billion in 1921 and $4 billion in 1922. Harding's policies started a trend. The low point for federal taxes was reached in 1924; for federal spending, in1925. The federal government paid off debt, which had been $24.2 billion in 1920, and it continued to decline until 1930.

With Harding's tax and spending cuts and relatively non-interventionist economic policy, GNP rebounded to $74.1 billion in 1922. The number of unemployed fell to 2.8 million— a reported 6.7 percent of the labor force— in 1922. So, just a year and a half after Harding became president, the Roaring Twenties were underway. The unemployment rate continued to decline, reaching an extraordinary low of 1.8 percent in 1926. Since then, the unemployment rate has been lower only once in wartime (1944), and never in peacetime.​

We need bank and government reforms to stop the kind of market bubbles that led to the stock market collapse of '29.

They worked great, his tax cuts lead to growth in the GDP and increased federal revenue. It was the reckless spending that created all the debt and it was governments involvement in distorting the housing markets that created the housing bubble. As for the auto industry, they brought that on themselves...

I'm surprised you haven't won a Darwin Award.

Spending...you mean like the Medicare reform Bush wanted? Or the War in Iraq that he never paid for and we never needed? That you guys waved the flag and cheered for?

also you know huge tax cuts the the rich...still cost money when you don't cut costs to go with them....you said nothing.. the right never cares...when its them doing the spending and going in debt...

8 years of Bush, made me miss Clinton...who I hated

Spending...you mean like the Medicare reform Bush wanted?
Medicare part D, I was against that "reform".

Or the War in Iraq... That you guys waved the flag and cheered for?
I was 100% against the war in Iraq.

also you know huge tax cuts the the rich...still cost money when you don't cut costs to go with them.
Which is exactly what I said, he cut taxes but not spending and that led to the debts.

...you said nothing..
I said nothing in support of the things you accuse me of supporting.

the right never cares...when its them doing the spending and going in debt...
Is that why my first posts here on the forum, WHILE BUSH WAS STILL IN OFFICE, focused on the insane amount of spending that had been and continued to take place during the Bush presidency?

8 years of Bush, made me miss Clinton...who I hated
Now you have Obama.

picture.php

Regulation

In 1920 we had a depression, in some ways worse than the "great" depression of the '30s. Rather than bailouts, stimulus packages and massive government spending.... Taxes were cut and the federal budget was reduced by 50%. The result was the roaring '20s which allowed us to begin paying off our national debt and gave us the lowest peacetime unemployment rate in history.

Depression of 1920

Federal spending was cut
from $6.3 billion in 1920 to $5 billion in 1921 and $3.2 billion in 1922. Federal taxes fell from $6.6 billion in 1920 to $5.5 billion in 1921 and $4 billion in 1922. Harding's policies started a trend. The low point for federal taxes was reached in 1924; for federal spending, in1925. The federal government paid off debt, which had been $24.2 billion in 1920, and it continued to decline until 1930.

With Harding's tax and spending cuts and relatively non-interventionist economic policy, GNP rebounded to $74.1 billion in 1922. The number of unemployed fell to 2.8 million— a reported 6.7 percent of the labor force— in 1922. So, just a year and a half after Harding became president, the Roaring Twenties were underway. The unemployment rate continued to decline, reaching an extraordinary low of 1.8 percent in 1926. Since then, the unemployment rate has been lower only once in wartime (1944), and never in peacetime.​

We need bank and government reforms to stop the kind of market bubbles that led to the stock market collapse of '29.

That would be a positive step. So who is calling for that kind of reform? Not the republicans.

Werbung:
Back