Republican apologizes for racist joke

Popeye

When is the all white party going to get it through their thick redneck skulls that it's no longer the era of Jim Crow and blacks, believe it or not, are equal and entitled to the same respect as everybody else.

Saying this crap about the the president's wife is unfortunately typical of the racist thinking that pervades the ranks of the GOP. It's pretty clear why there are absolutely no black Congressmen Republican...in fact there are very few black Republicans at all...I wonder why?

Rusty DePass, a prominent South Carolina Republican activist and former state elections director, has now made an abject apology for having joked on his Facebook page that an escaped gorilla from a local zoo was an ancestor of First Lady Michelle Obama.

"I am truly sorry for any offense I have caused," DePass said at a press conference -- held at the offices of the South Carolina NAACP, no less. "My remark was clearly inappropriate and I apologize for writing it."

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/...izes-for-racist-joke-about-michelle-obama.php

Werbung:
When is the all white party going to get it through their thick redneck skulls that it's no longer the era of Jim Crow and blacks, believe it or not, are equal and entitled to the same respect as everybody else.

Saying this crap about the the president's wife is unfortunately typical of the racist thinking that pervades the ranks of the GOP. It's pretty clear why there are absolutely no black Congressmen Republican...in fact there are very few black Republicans at all...I wonder why?

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/...izes-for-racist-joke-about-michelle-obama.php

He first refused to say he was sorry, I think he should be snubbed by the RNC. I wrote about this on the letterman forum, its wrong of him.

I dont know if he is really sorry or if it was a half hearted sorry like letterman gave the first time. Its hard to think its real since he refused to even do it when this happened.

I can not stand michelle obama but its wrong to make fun of her race, and even though I have laughed when others made fun of her looks, it was wrong of me. Hopefully no one will say she dresses slutty, hopefully if they do we will all stand up and say its wrong to degrade women that way.

There is no excuse for this type of behavior. From white, black, green, of whatever race, creed, religion or sexual orientation. Scum is scum, period.

But your diatribe is, as usual, absolutely ignorant and absurd. I'll not even give you any semblance of legitimacy by deigning to answer your stupidity.

**POOF** Back on my ignore list with you, little know-nothing.

She does look like a gorilla...sort of.

ugh

that can be taken as racist so we should not say anything that can be called racist. its bad enough that we are called racist for just questioning what he is doing as prez.

Another guy who used to post here said she had the face of a horse, at least that could not be called racist...

looks should not matter anyways. its not like people can help what they look like

At least Michelle Obama has never killed anyone. That's an improvement over our last first lady.

"michelle obama is one of the most scary people in politics today, even more so than her husband"

Really smart people intimidate ya huh? Guess you just loved Dubya.

"michelle obama is one of the most scary people in politics today, even more so than her husband"

Really smart people intimidate ya huh? Guess you just loved Dubya.

You consider her "smart"? Have you read her work from College?

No, I did not love President Bush, but I did respect him far more than I do the current moron in chief.

Werbung:
Hmmm...no surprise really. Fortunatly he is not a sitting politician, and of course he would probably be doomed from holding future office. But then again it is S. Carolina of course.

Back