Remember the Jeep moving to China story ?

dogtowner

Staff member
you know, Politifact's Lie of the year ?

yeah, its happening

Fiat (FIA.MI) and its U.S. unit Chrysler expect to roll out at least 100,000 Jeeps in China when production starts in 2014 as they seek to catch up with rivals in the world's biggest car market. ...

"We expect production of around 100,000 Jeeps per year which is expandable to 200,000," [Chrysler CEO Sergio] Marchionne, who is also CEO of Chrysler, said on the sidelines of a conference, adding production could start in 18 months.

Werbung:
I am not sure why you bring up this subject. The Presidential campaign was filled with lies on every subject imaginable. And the people who claim to be identifying statements from each candidate was either true or false were also subjective judgements.

I sat and watched the debates and constantly said to myself, "that's bullshit". It was impossible for anyone tried to cast an intelligent vote based on what the candidates and their campaign ads said. Outright lies and half-truths seem to have become the way political campaigns are run.

I am not sure why you bring up this subject. The Presidential campaign was filled with lies on every subject imaginable. And the people who claim to be identifying statements from each candidate was either true or false were also subjective judgements.

I sat and watched the debates and constantly said to myself, "that's bullshit". It was impossible for anyone tried to cast an intelligent vote based on what the candidates and their campaign ads said. Outright lies and half-truths seem to have become the way political campaigns are run.
You got that right.
And, those lies and half truths are expensive to make into slick TV ads for the slack jawed yokels who base their votes on them, so lots of special interest money has to be collected, then paid back by favorable legislation.

As for the "lie of the year", it hardly rises to the level of many of the other lies that were told, and it did not turn out to be true despite what we're being led to believe. There is a difference between "jeeps will be made in China also" and Jeep is moving its operations to China."

Isn't there?

Anyhow, Chrysler is no longer a US company. It belongs to Fiat now. That fact should give us more pause than them opening up a production facility in China or anywhere else.

the point is how violently the left reacted to this when its obvious that it was going to happen.

The left, like the right, searches the opposition for statements to take out of context, twist, spin, reduce to bumper sticker size, and then use as ammunition for their mindless TV ads. That's how campaigns are conducted. I suppose it is better than shooting cannon balls back and forth, but only marginally. There is less collateral damage at least.

So Mitt Romney wasnt lying after all which Obama called him a liar. Sure Obama is a job creator,,Sure he is. It shows how American voters are,,,STUPID! Like i said CHANGE ELECTION VOTING LAWS!

You must be 21 to vote.
You must have an high school education or currenly employed.
You cannot be on any government assistance,Food Stamps,W.I.C, Medicaid or free housing.
You are in active military duty you are required to vote.
You must be a leagal U.S citizen for at least 15 years.
You cannot have a violent or a federal criminal record.

Only exceptions all above if youre 62 and over or handicapped with an disabilty.

That would take the stupidity out of voting

ya, kind of like the 47% of Americans rely on the government for something... I never did figure out what that was all about. I still see the number kicked around, but have no details, so I don't know if true or false.

I think that is why the Founding Fathers wanted the Electoral College (consisting of a group of informed people) to select President. They knew if the President was elected by all the people, then the candidates would have to focus on getting the stupid people's vote by telling lies. The smart voters already know the facts - no use making a fancy TV commercial for those people.

Right...People who are on welfare collecting food stamps dont pay income or property taxes. Nor they dont have a desire to work a job. So why should they vote? I say this,,If you dont graduate from high school THEN WORK!! Or You cant vote.

ya, kind of like the 47% of Americans rely on the government for something... I never did figure out what that was all about. I still see the number kicked around, but have no details, so I don't know if true or false.

I think that is why the Founding Fathers wanted the Electoral College (consisting of a group of informed people) to select President. They knew if the President was elected by all the people, then the candidates would have to focus on getting the stupid people's vote by telling lies. The smart voters already know the facts - no use making a fancy TV commercial for those people.

thats also why they only gave the vote to landowners. opening it up only allowed votes to be bought.

Why do you want to go backwards. Voting by landowners was common in the past and look at the mess the world was in the 18th century. I do not know much about the USA selling cars to china. But that progress. do you want to go back to the Cultural Revolution.

Attachments

• scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    417.9 KB · Views: 1
Very few people know the original method in the Constitution for selecting president. The method was again modified in the 12th Amendment. The process is complex. Only the few members of the Electoral College can participate in the selection process.

The Congress was meant to be selected by the all the citizens. But the responsibility of selecting the President was supposed to fall on a select few intellectual members who served on the Electoral College - NEVER a public vote. It was the State Legislatures who screwed up that whole process because they don't understand the problems associated with a nationwide public vote.

Why do you want to go backwards. Voting by landowners was common in the past and look at the mess the world was in the 18th century. I do not know much about the USA selling cars to china. But that progress. do you want to go back to the Cultural Revolution.

as opposed to the mess we have today ? I'll take it.

The original constitution was vague with regard to who could vote: "The House of Representatives shall be composed of Members chosen every second Year by the People of the States".

The State Legislatures held a lot of power in the late 1700's, and they took responsibility to define "People of the States". At the time, English Common Law allowed only male property owners to vote - so this tradition carried through. Over time, the State Legislatures redefined which group was qualified to vote - including woman... and now any resident of the State can vote.

I am of the opinion that the pendulum has swung too far. Not everyone is properly prepared to cast an intelligent vote. The candidates spend a lot of money appealing to this group of unprepared voters with TV advertisements like they are selling beer.

We would have a much better government if a test were give, or some other means were used to keep the unprepared voters from casting a vote for some ill-suited candidate. See http://www.infoplease.com/timelines/voting.html

Werbung:
The original constitution was vague with regard to who could vote: "The House of Representatives shall be composed of Members chosen every second Year by the People of the States".

The State Legislatures held a lot of power in the late 1700's, and they took responsibility to define "People of the States". At the time, English Common Law allowed only male property owners to vote - so this tradition carried through. Over time, the State Legislatures redefined which group was qualified to vote - including woman... and now any resident of the State can vote.

I am of the opinion that the pendulum has swung too far. Not everyone is properly prepared to cast an intelligent vote. The candidates spend a lot of money appealing to this group of unprepared voters with TV advertisements like they are selling beer.

We would have a much better government if a test were give, or some other means were used to keep the unprepared voters from casting a vote for some ill-suited candidate. See http://www.infoplease.com/timelines/voting.html

if you take money from the government, no vote. can't buy a vote in that scenario.

Back