religion connected to racism and sterotypes????

diamonds in the sky<>

When religion us concerned whether you are a believer or not you may think it is always holy no matter Christian baptist, Muslim, or Jewish. Some religious peoples are racist, even homophobes.o_O

Werbung:
I phrased it wrong sorry I meant to say that, when looking at religion there is a lot of racism connected, but those who practice said religion will disagree and say otherwise.
How far back does the religious outcasting go???
Churchs banning people beating people burning ; torturing.

I phrased it wrong sorry I meant to say that, when looking at religion there is a lot of racism connected, but those who practice said religion will disagree and say otherwise.
How far back does the religious outcasting go???
Churchs banning people beating people burning ; torturing.
Churches are banning beating burning torturing over race ? Where ? When ?

Catholic church can be held responsible for wrongdoing by priests

High court ruling will make it easier for victims of clerical sex abuse to bring compensation claims against the church

A high court judge has ruled for the first time that the relationship between a Catholic priest and his bishop is akin to an employment relationship. Photograph: Alamy
Riazat Butt, religious affairs correspondent
Tuesday 8 November 2011 07.19 EST

Victims of clerical sexual abuse will find it easier to bring compensation claims against the Catholic church after a judge ruled it can be held responsible for the wrongdoings of its priests.

In a test case heard at the high court, Mr Justice Macduff gave a decision in favour of a woman, known as JGE, who claims she was sexually assaulted by a Portsmouth priest at a children's home in Hampshire.

The judge said although there had been no formal contract between the church and the priest, the late Father Baldwin, there were "crucial features" that should be recognised.

He said: "He [Baldwin] was provided with the premises, the pulpit and the clerical robes. He was directed into the community with that full authority and was given free rein to act as a representative of the church. He had been trained and ordained for the purpose. He had immense power handed to him by the defendants [the trustees of the Roman Catholic diocesan trust]. It was they who appointed him to the position of trust, which (if the allegations be proved) he so abused."

It is the first time a court has ruled that the relationship between a Catholic priest and his bishop is akin to an employment relationship. It sets a precedent for similar cases, by providing further guidance for such trials in the future, while also putting the church in uncharted territory. The church has been granted extended leave to appeal the decision.

Lord Faulks QC, on behalf of the defendants, said the church was not seeking to evade responsibility for paedophile priests. "My clients take sexual abuse extremely seriously and are very concerned to eradicate and investigate it," he said. "This case has been brought as a point of law that has never been decided."

JGE told the Guardian she was pleased with the judgment but angry about the church getting leave to appeal. She said: "I'm fuming. I've had no support from the church whatsoever. Nobody has contacted me. They are ignoring victims. It feels like being on a rack, turning the screws tighter and tighter, over hot coals."

A victory for the the church would have meant it could avoid paying any compensation to victims of clerical sexual abuse.

Tags: Catholicism, Child protection, Religion, Christianity, Children

This is an article from the guardian about a priest, who sexually abused a lady, but how come when we look into the depths of history we don't come up with the gruesome details of the different religious practices that have wronged so many?
The Salem wich trials can hardly be ignored, though enough speculation and you think these people are scared? Then you think, 'it isn't there fault...'

Dogtowner now, what of the people? Say the priest wasn't brought to justice, he was found not guilty, do you think they would continue to stand by their church, because there is no doubt in my mind that they willdstand by their faith, but what of their church????:cool:

What does that have to do with racism ?
I have no issue with any and all church people who committed or abeted this activity to be prosceuted to the fullest extent of the law. If they were tried and acquited then they were acquited. I would like to see the church defrock for so much as the mere appearance of impropity. Do that and the people should have confidence in their church.

Werbung:
Back