REFUGEES

Aus22

Australia made a deal with Obama to take our refugees now in detention camps in Manus and Nauru.
These refugees had been deemed genuine refugees but Australia would not allow them in Australia because they arrived by boat.
However they could be settle in a third country. Most wanted a first world country so a deal was made with the USA.
When Trump came to power he was ask to go ahead with the deal. At first The Australian Government said he had agreed. Now it has emerged that Trump said it was a dumb deal. He even hang up on the Australian Prime Minister.
It now up in the air whether Trump will allow and refugees who come mainly from the Middle East to arrive. Trump must choose between his hostility to migrants from the Middle East and the Australian alliance.

Werbung:
You took them. Theyve been camping out for months and months while you didnt send them off. Your problem, not ours.
I told you long ago you should have made them turn their boats around and go back.

Australia made a deal with Obama to take our refugees now in detention camps in Manus and Nauru.
These refugees had been deemed genuine refugees but Australia would not allow them in Australia because they arrived by boat.
However they could be settle in a third country. Most wanted a first world country so a deal was made with the USA.
When Trump came to power he was ask to go ahead with the deal. At first The Australian Government said he had agreed. Now it has emerged that Trump said it was a dumb deal. He even hang up on the Australian Prime Minister.
It now up in the air whether Trump will allow and refugees who come mainly from the Middle East to arrive. Trump must choose between his hostility to migrants from the Middle East and the Australian alliance.
Now, let’s look at the elephant in the room....why on earth should we accept refugees that Australia won’t accept? The Guardian explains Australia’s policy:

The deal relates to 1,250 refugees held in Australia’s offshore detention camps on Nauru and Manus Island, including many from Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Iran and Iraq. The refugeeshave spent years languishing in the offshore detention camps, which the United Nations has repeatedly criticised as cruel and illegal. The refugees are unable to go home, but cannot come to Australia – even when their right to protection as refugees is confirmed – because they travelled to Australia by boat. The vast majority of those in Australia’s offshore detention regime have been confirmed to have a valid claim to refugee status, meaning they are legally owed Australia’s protection. On Nauru, 983 of the 1,200 refugee status determinations were positive, while 217 were negative. On Manus Island, 78% of 859 the people finally assessed were found to be refugees, while 190 have been found not to have a claim for protection. The deal was also to include hundreds of refugees previously held on Manus or Nauru, who were in Australia receiving medical care, provided they had been found to be refugees…

Yet Trump is the asshole, Aus, I like you but this is to much.. Trump is getting bombarded for being upset about something he campaigned against. Not Fair..

While not all Australians support our refugee policy neither major party would change it in fear of losing the election. We do turn boat around to countries that will accept them like Siri Lanka but Iran will not accept the, and we can not return them to war zones like Iraq and Syria. We only have a few thousands refugees from the boats as we have stop he boats coming. We offer them homes in 3rd world countries like Cambodia and New Guinea but few accepted. The USA was one 1st world countries that accepted refugees. The deal was made before Trump was elected.
It will not cost him much to accept the few highly vetted refugees. It would relieve our problems in Nauru and Manus Island. I suspect Trump will keep the deal while pointing out it was Obama deal not his,

While not all Australians support our refugee policy neither major party would change it in fear of losing the election. We do turn boat around to countries that will accept them like Siri Lanka but Iran will not accept the, and we can not return them to war zones like Iraq and Syria. We only have a few thousands refugees from the boats as we have stop he boats coming. We offer them homes in 3rd world countries like Cambodia and New Guinea but few accepted. The USA was one 1st world countries that accepted refugees. The deal was made before Trump was elected.
It will not cost him much to accept the few highly vetted refugees. It would relieve our problems in Nauru and Manus Island. I suspect Trump will keep the deal while pointing out it was Obama deal not his,
He may IF they are vetted as you say.

I agree, I think he will do what should be done..

He was right to say no. Aussie can keep them. We have already taken countless people and have millions here illegally

Aussie's turn now. And no one should expect a current president to live up to a bad deal made by a has been President. If the deal was so good obama should have finished it on his watch and if these refugees are so fantastic Aussie land should be chomping at the bit to keep them and do their part to help save the world

He was right to say no. Aussie can keep them. We have already taken countless people and have millions here illegally

Aussie's turn now. And no one should expect a current president to live up to a bad deal made by a has been President. If the deal was so good obama should have finished it on his watch and if these refugees are so fantastic Aussie land should be chomping at the bit to keep them and do their part to help save the world

Americas word has no meaning your saying. Trump showed his true colors calling them Illegals...they are literally the opposite of Illegals...But good to know you think the US deals only are god for 4 years at best. Makes for great trust from allies.

Americas word has no meaning your saying. Trump showed his true colors calling them Illegals...they are literally the opposite of Illegals...But good to know you think the US deals only are god for 4 years at best. Makes for great trust from allies.
Truth of the matter is, they met all the criteria for refugee status, and have been suffering on that island , some of them for as long as three years.. Shame on Australia.. I don't blame Trump for being pissed..

It depends on the deal. If we have entered a pact like we did with Ukraine / Georgia and made a written promise that we will protect and defend them under the condition they get rid of their rockets. Then when they are attacked we say. Sorry can't help. We would be in the wrong in every possible way

This wasn't like that This was one president saying I don't really want it done on my watch. Wait for the new guy and stick it to him. He had a very long time and take them but he didn't. Less than 2 weeks into a new president. He is told take the bad deal. I see a real difference And I remember arguing with you over the first example way back when and you had no problem with what obama did.

If it were not for the double standard, I say a liberal progressive would have no standards at all

By the way... It's nice to see you again pocket :)

pocketfullof shell and Pandora. The difference is that Trump has just had an election. If he took some refugees from Australia he would not los any votes and could blame Obama for he deal.
If either major party took the refugees to Australia they would lose the subsequent election.

Werbung:
pocketfullof shell and Pandora. The difference is that Trump has just had an election. If he took some refugees from Australia he would not los any votes and could blame Obama for he deal.
If either major party took the refugees to Australia they would lose the subsequent election.

Why should he though. We have taken a great number from all over and have millions of illegals Obama wouldn't have lost votes either. He was done. Why can't Aussie land keep them if they are so great.

I always hear how we need to stop being the world police. I think we need to stop being the worlds flop house too and some of these other countries need to start taking the refugees instead of trying to make us take way more than our fair share.

Back