R.I.P.

jbbarn

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/qu...-confederate-flag-supporter-police/ar-AAdoUdb

This man is such a hero in my opinion. He stood up for what he believed in, and faced the tyranny of his own people, in order to promote truth and freedom. He understood that this flag didn't murder anyone, and he wanted to make sure that the black soldiers who fell, fighting for the Confederacy, were never forgotten, or swept from history.

Werbung:
I'm far from racist. I'm really stuck on the idea that everyone's as human as the rest. But I LOVE my heritage, and I love the south. I love the accents, the open spaces in the county and the white trash next door in the city. I get a kick out of hearing old men say things like, "there's 2 ways to skin this cat", or "Well, thats just hogwash!" I love the cooking, sweet tea, and taking shots of Jim while smoking cigarettes filled with tobacco grown in the south. I even love the smell of fresh picked tobacco smoking in the barns. I love knowing Sunday morning traffic will be non-existent because everyone else is at church. I love having a shooting range in my backyard, and bonfires in the side yard. All this is just the tip of the iceberg. And all that, plus a million other things is what the rebel flag represents. Its a declaration of southern pride. My family sailed over here from Scotland and England and my entire family has been southern ever since. My Cherokee ancestors were from North Carolina, broke off from the trail of tears, and settled in Kentucky. The south is in my blood and my heart. Truth be told, I feel sad for anyone who doesn't live in the south.

^^^THIS^^^ is what that flag represents. The people who claim it represents racism are trying to make an issue where there wasn't one. I don't know if someone wanted their 15 minutes of fame, or if someone was just over-medicated, but I know for sure that when this "problem" was created, it wasn't with good intentions or any kind of sincerity.

south-will-rise-rebel-flag.jpg

I'm far from racist. I'm really stuck on the idea that everyone's as human as the rest. But I LOVE my heritage, and I love the south. I love the accents, the open spaces in the county and the white trash next door in the city. I get a kick out of hearing old men say things like, "there's 2 ways to skin this cat", or "Well, thats just hogwash!" I love the cooking, sweet tea, and taking shots of Jim while smoking cigarettes filled with tobacco grown in the south. I even love the smell of fresh picked tobacco smoking in the barns. I love knowing Sunday morning traffic will be non-existent because everyone else is at church. I love having a shooting range in my backyard, and bonfires in the side yard. All this is just the tip of the iceberg. And all that, plus a million other things is what the rebel flag represents. Its a declaration of southern pride. My family sailed over here from Scotland and England and my entire family has been southern ever since. My Cherokee ancestors were from North Carolina, broke off from the trail of tears, and settled in Kentucky. The south is in my blood and my heart. Truth be told, I feel sad for anyone who doesn't live in the south.

^^^THIS^^^ is what that flag represents. The people who claim it represents racism are trying to make an issue where there wasn't one. I don't know if someone wanted their 15 minutes of fame, or if someone was just over-medicated, but I know for sure that when this "problem" was created, it wasn't with good intentions or any kind of sincerity.

View attachment 768
LilAnn, we may disagree on some things, but we definitely agree on EVERYTHING you just said! In fact, I could not have said it more eloquently! Thank you for clarifying what I wanted to say.

LilAnn, we may disagree on some things, but we definitely agree on EVERYTHING you just said! In fact, I could not have said it more eloquently! Thank you for clarifying what I wanted to say.
I'm just so tired of people bashing the flag because some piece of poop racist had it hanging up. I'm more proud of being from the south than I am this country. So this flag means a lot more to me than the American flag. I realize a lot of the people around here are bigots and racists and conservatives. But no place is perfect. The day they take the American flag down because the KKK flies it, I'll give up my confederate flag. Until then I'll continue to fly it every chance I get.

The flag is just a bit of history.
I too love living in the south, can't imagine living in the great white north.
There is no reason to live in the cold.

The flag is just a bit of history.
I too love living in the south, can't imagine living in the great white north.
There is no reason to live in the cold.
This is just an observation, but I have never met anyone who lived in the south, who didn't want to stay.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/qu...-confederate-flag-supporter-police/ar-AAdoUdb

This man is such a hero in my opinion. He stood up for what he believed in, and faced the tyranny of his own people, in order to promote truth and freedom. He understood that this flag didn't murder anyone, and he wanted to make sure that the black soldiers who fell, fighting for the Confederacy, were never forgotten, or swept from history.
Sad, sad murderous acts of human depravity and lawlessness by these terrorists who killed Anthony Hervey!!! Anthony Hervey is an example of courage and First Amendment Rights.

Werbung:
Around here, there are several black people who support the flag. Southern pride isn't exclusively a "white" thing. The people who killed him are the ones with the issues. Not the people who support a symbol of southern heritage thats been around for 160 years.

Back