Proof: Israeli Effort to Destabilize Iran Via Twitter

Octoldit

By chartingstocks

http://pakalert.wordpress.com/2009/06/16/proof-israeli-effort-to-destabilize-iran-via-twitter/

Right-wing Israeli interests are engaged in an all out Twitter attack with hopes of delegitimizing the Iranian election and causing political instability within Iran.

Anyone using Twitter over the past few days knows that the topic of the Iranian election has been the most popular. Thousands of tweets and retweets alleging that the election was a fraud, calling for protests in Iran, and even urging followers hack various Iranian news websites (which they did successfully). The Twitter popularity caught the eye of various blogs such as Mashable and TechCrunch and even made its way to mainstream news media sites.

Were these legitimate Iranian people or the works of a propaganda machine? I became curious and decided to investigate the origins of the information. In doing so, I narrowed it down to a handful of people who have accounted for 30,000 Iran related tweets in the past few days. Each of them had some striking similarities -

1. They each created their twitter accounts on Saturday June 13th.

2. Each had extremely high number of Tweets since creating their profiles.

3. “IranElection” was each of their most popular keyword

4. With some very small exceptions, each were posting in ENGLISH.

5. Half of them had the exact same profile photo

6. Each had thousands of followers, with only a few friends. Most of their friends were EACH OTHER.

Why were these tweets in English? Why were all of these profiles OBSESSED with Iran? It became obvious that this was the work of a team of people with an interest in destabilizing Iran. The profiles are phonies and were created with the sole intention of destabilizing Iran and effecting public opinion as to the legitimacy of Iran’s election.

I narrowed the spammers down to three of the most persistent – @StopAhmadi @IranRiggedElect @Change_For_Iran

I decided to do a google search for 2 of the 3 – @StopAhmadi and @IranRiggedElect. The first page to come up was JPost (Jerusalem Post) which is a right wing newspaper pro-Israeli newspaper.

JPost actually ran a story about 3 people “who joined the social network mere hours ago have already amassed thousands of followers.” Why would a news organization post a story about 3 people who JUST JOINED TWITTER hours earlier? Is that newsworthy? Jpost was the first (and only to my knowledge) major news source that mentioned these 3 spammers.

The fact that JPost promoted these three Twitterers who went on the be the source of the IranElection Twitter bombardment is, unfortunately, evidence that this was an Israeli propaganda campaign against Iran. I must admit that I had my suspiscions. After all, Que Bono? (latin for “Who Benefits). There’s no question that Israel perceives Iran as an enemy, more so than any other nation. Destabilizing the country would benefit them.

Werbung:
Thank you for your post! This is what ayatullh khamenei anounced in his talks on this friday's prayer ceremony. After Iran's revolution isreal had always looked for such opportunities. Now, not only israel, but some other governments too were trying to use this oportunity to destabilize Iran and decrease Iranians trust to their government, and so claim for non-legitimacy of Iran's government. But I believe Iranians have performed the most democraic election of the world.

As to why things are done in English. Think about who the intended audience is of the protesters. Most likely, one of their biggest audiences in the Western world, where English is a common language.

If you want to stage a protest and get international attention, it helps to do so in a language much of the world can understand.

If you ask your self if visiting Iran now-days is even possible, or what the reasons of such visit should be, than the answer is simple. Rich culture, great food, warm people, and the scent of spices filling the air around Iranian open markets, the stories about the great Persian nation reaching back to the glorious kings and their quests, the poetry, turbulent history that brought changes to the contemporary Iranian society by replacing the Shah with the theocratic governance and so much more is there for you to experience firsthand and enrich your life with knowledge that can only keep you open-minded and lead to the next destination you excluded from your list of "places to see". I warmly recommend you to read The Age of Nepotism, the book by Vahid Razavi, Iranian American entrepreneur who gained priceless experiences by traveling the world and trying to find similarities with people. He is explaining the current situation in places like IRAN, USA, Serbia etc. Worth a read.

As to why things are done in English. Think about who the intended audience is of the protesters. Most likely, one of their biggest audiences in the Western world, where English is a common language.

If you want to stage a protest and get international attention, it helps to do so in a language much of the world can understand.

also Twitter does not suport Farsi,

Weren't a lot of those tweets and twitters accompanied by video clips taken by cell phones? Is that a separate issue?

Just asking. I'm not a twitterer myself.

Werbung:
Actually what is destabilizing Iran is the inefficient, ineffective, brutal, theocratic thugs that run the country ineptly causing the citizens to call them out on their bull ****. But good try, nice little attempt to shift the blame away from the actual criminals (the theocratic thugs that rigged the election) and shift the blame on the Jews.

Back