Private education, for or against?

Are you for or against private education?

• For; it offers the best quality tuition, learning materials and facilities

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • Against; prviate enterprises are selective and produce inequality

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • No comment

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
Then why did you post your sleazy comments after I posted comments commending the great Hillsdale College?
The "sleazy comments" were the sleazy truth. The College had a "sleazy" president who did "sleazy" things for many years despite an obviously disingenuous public stand.

Was is to be argumentative or was it just illogical?
It was argumentative in response to your comment how Hillsdale Collage was against "liberalism" ("No left wing BS indoctrination is done there...") and then logically, the president of the collage who was the person who was responsible for championing the cause of conservatism (superior morality) was some how morally superior to liberals.

Werbung:
I am for it!

My experiences have taught me that if you want something decent, a service, house, product etc, you have to pay for it. Yes, quality reflects in price, but with good reason. Standards need to be high in this world, and at the moment money maintains them. I am doing a private course in Handling to become a Passenger Agent and I pay 185 euros a month. It is well setructured, the learning materials informative and excellently detailed. I have discovered much about Airports since I began the course and now I am almost ready to begin my career. Private education is the best, but there must be people willing to work hard in order to pay for it.

Wow, what a profound argument.

Of course if you are poor and can't pay for education you must suffer educational apartheid and ensure that your crappy start in life is perpetuated in your education.

Don't tell me...

The playing field is level and people are only where they are because of their choices

So why don't you imbeciles choose to be multi millionaires?

I'd rather have children exposed to left wing BS than have them exposed to right wing indoctrination and BS. You right wingers are turning the US into a third world nation.

You are right.

The irony is that these right wing nationalistic lunatics are destroying the country they claim to be so proud of.

I'd rather have children exposed to left wing BS than have them exposed to right wing indoctrination and BS. You right wingers are turning the US into a third world nation.

Just out of curiousity, and we will see if you can avoid a discussion about the evils of the Iraq war, can you name one "right wing" program that you think is turning the US into a third world nation?

economic politicies, such as flatter tax structures, which favor corporations and the upper class over the middle class, resulting in the decline of the middle class.

draconian prison sentencing, which fills our prisons and creates a permanent under class of ex-cons who cannot find jobs, and therefore are compelled to return to illegal activites in order to make a living.

Opposition to spending money on highways and the public realm, which leaves us without adequate public transportation and over-crowded city streets.

and let's not forget those out of control, rising health costs, which soon will limit good health care to the very rich, as costs rise beyond the ability of the rapidly declining middle class to pay for it. In the end, even the very rich may not be able to afford good health care in the US, and may have to get it in other nations, unless they are rich enough to buy their own hospitals. .

I also am embarassed that organizations such as the Red Cross and Amnesty International have comdemned the way we treat prisoners. That certainly makes us look like a Thrid World nation.

I'm still waiting for you to name a program. What you are describing are policies, not programs actually implemented. In some cases, such as highways, healthcare costs, etc., they have nothing to do with "right wing" programs, rather they are the product of "left wing' programs actually implemented.

Transportation costs are the product of the highway system put in place by Democrats in the 30's under FDR, and while the Fed pays about 8-25% of the costs the rest are the States responsibility. In education the Fed pays about 8% yet controls 80% of the curriculum. Also, there is a direct correlation between Pell Grants, etc., and the rising cost of education. Similarly, Medicare, Medicaid, SCHIPP's, are Democrat programs, and again, there is a direct correlation between the cost of healthcare, and those programs. "Torture", as defined now, was actually implemented during WW2.

So, try to name one program that that the "right wing" has implemented.

Werbung:
A lack of money is not the best aspect of this issue to look at. How willing people are to work for it is. Take Paul Dooley for example. His father was a factory worker, but Dooley does not reflect any kind of coarseness in his mannerisms his social class tends to breed and he is well spoken. This suggests that even the lowest rungs can do something positive and I for one am proud of this man´s drive to better his son. He and his mother made the effort to afford a decent school for him, at least so it appears.

Back