Presidents Day

Gipper

Time to give thanks to our greatest president and one of the greatest men to ever walk the Earth!

270px-Gilbert_Stuart_Williamstown_Portrait_of_George_Washington.jpg

"Two centuries ago, King George III was told that President George Washington, who had eight years earlier turned down the opportunity to be the king of the United States, was planning to give up the presidency at the conclusion of his second term and return to his farm in Mount Vernon. The astonished monarch, who had lost a war to General Washington, said, 'If he does that, he will be the greatest man in the world.' Washington did, and he was. Does anything more clearly illustrate how far we have fallen in 210 years?" --columnist Burt Prelutsky

Werbung:
a perfect model for all that came after to emulate and nearly none have.

and we're all the poorer for it.

No doubt and well said.

I was thinking since 1900 how many NON-progressive presidents have we had. And I come up with the following:
  • Reagan (The Great One)
  • Coolidge
  • and maybe Taft, McKinley, JFK, Eisenhower, and Harding

All the rest were stinking progressives. What do you think?

No doubt and well said.

I was thinking since 1900 how many NON-progressive presidents have we had. And I come up with the following:
  • Reagan (The Great One)
  • Coolidge
  • and maybe Taft, McKinley, JFK, Eisenhower, and Harding

All the rest were stinking progressives. What do you think?

not so sure about Ike if you're going to leave Ford out.

its a pity the country saddled Reagan with those Congresses to play ball with.

not so sure about Ike if you're going to leave Ford out.

its a pity the country saddled Reagan with those Congresses to play ball with.

Well yeah Ike could qualify as a progressive for expanding some welfare programs.

Ford was a worthless progressive. He was truly a big government advocate. He was very good at sucking up to the elites and did nothing to stop LBJ's Great Society BS.

Werbung:
An interesting man, but calling George one of the greatest men ever is a bit of an exaggeration. Some have described him in far less flattering terms. Same could be said of any of the founding fathers, or most other famous people. On the other hand, any of us are also one of the greatest people ever to walk the earth. 10,314,312,605th isn't too bad, for the run of mill person, is it? I would suggest that rating people is not a very good idea. We are all far too flawed to be rated.

Except, of course, for those who worship the influential, great, and powerful.

Back