President for life

Werbung:
President for life
Old trapper already mentioned this in a current post,
"In the closed-door remarks, a recording of which was obtained by CNN, Trump also praised China's President Xi Jinping for recently consolidating power and extending his potential tenure, musing he wouldn't mind making such a maneuver himself.

"He's now president for life. President for life. No, he's great," Trump said. "And look, he was able to do that. I think it's great. Maybe we'll have to give that a shot some day."
Obviously both right and left would find this unconscionable. Except perhaps Dogtowner.

Old trapper already mentioned this in a current post,

Obviously both right and left would find this unconscionable. Except perhaps Dogtowner.
Great minds think alike.

No one on the "right" or on the "left" wants this or any other president to be "president for life," but Trump's true blue believers have yet another absurd statement to dismiss. It must be quite a chore, pretending that Trump isn't spouting nonsense.

He didnt say he was considering it.

He didn't say he was considering running for President until he did it. He is so irrational that one never knows what he is thinking. However, once again you step up to the plate, and show just how irrational his followers are. When he said "Maybe we'll have to give that a shot some day."" that is an obvious indication he is thinking about it. And equally obvious is, that like those in China that have no choice, you would vote for it.

What do you mean by "He"? Obama or Trump. You didn't answer Walter's question. If Obama said what Trump said about the idea of president for life, you would be up in arms about that. Right?
Neither one said it so why would i conjecture ?
I did hear lots of obama fans pine for it but that was meaningless.

This is obviously nonsense.

The 22nd Amendment makes clear that a President cannot serve more than two terms. Given the amendment process, it's hard to imagine a scenario where that amendment would ever be overturned.

And if the Constitution were to be suspended?

...maybe you would then wish you didn't advocate so hard to take weapons out of the hands of law abiding people then? ;)

But seriously, Alex Jones is a complete idiot, and InfoWars is one of the dumbest websites I have ever seen. I get it...you don't like President Trump. That's fine. That doesn't make him a dictator.

I didn't like President Obama. That was fine too. And that also didn't make him a dictator either.

It's fine to have disagreements on policy and how to go about things, but when the conversation heads down this tin-foil hat path of "what if the constitution is suspended and we lose all our rights?!?" so that whoever is in office can be a dictator, it has lost connection with reality in my opinion.

This is obviously nonsense.

The 22nd Amendment makes clear that a President cannot serve more than two terms. Given the amendment process, it's hard to imagine a scenario where that amendment would ever be overturned.

You and I may know that. . .but a narcissistic fool like Trump believe he can do anything! Glad to know you realise that Trump's talk is crazy talk!

Werbung:
...maybe you would then wish you didn't advocate so hard to take weapons out of the hands of law abiding people then?

Once again you make a fool of yourself. I have never advocated for disarming the people, just common sense regulations on who can have those weapons.

But seriously, Alex Jones is a complete idiot, and InfoWars is one of the dumbest websites I have ever seen. I get it...you don't like President Trump. That's fine. That doesn't make him a dictator.

The "idiot" is Trump, and his "disciples", however, Trumps actions show he is fond of dictators, and wishes he could be one.

I didn't like President Obama. That was fine too. And that also didn't make him a dictator either.

Obama did not admire, and praise, dictators.

It's fine to have disagreements on policy and how to go about things, but when the conversation heads down this tin-foil hat path of "what if the constitution is suspended and we lose all our rights?!?" so that whoever is in office can be a dictator, it has lost connection with reality in my opinion.

And your opinion has long been shown to be greatly flawed. The same is true of all right wingers, the NRA, etc.:

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/new-gun-restrictions-win-walmart-dicks-182836884.html

"Public perception of Walmart (WMT) and Dick’s Sporting Goods (DKS) improved after both imposed new restrictions on gun sales, in the aftermath of the Feb. 14 high-school shooting in Florida that left 17 dead.....

Not surprisingly, impressions of the changes at both retailers varied by political persuasion. Democrats and Independents led the push behind Walmart’s rise in perception, while Republicans’ perception of the retail giant fell slightly. Democrats were also responsible for the boost for Dick’s, while Republicans and Independents stayed the same on the store. Not surprisingly, impressions of the changes at both retailers varied by political persuasion. Democrats and Independents led the push behind Walmart’s rise in perception, while Republicans’ perception of the retail giant fell slightly. Democrats were also responsible for the boost for Dick’s, while Republicans and Independents stayed the same on the store."

Last edited:
Back