Pompeo's lies, hypocrisy, Islamophobia and Sinophobia

reedak

Part 1

1. MIKE POMPEO, DONALD Trump’s pick to lead the Central Intelligence Agency, has at times depicted the fight against terrorism as a war between radical Muslims, on one side, and the Christian faith on the other.

“This threat to America,” Pompeo told a church group in Wichita in 2014, is from a minority of Muslims “who deeply believe that Islam is the way and the light and the only answer.”

“They abhor Christians,” Pompeo said, “and will continue to press against us until we make sure that we pray and stand and fight and make sure that we know that Jesus Christ is our savior is truly the only solution for our world.”...

At an evangelical church in his district that specializes in addressing “Satanism and paranormal activity” — and standing in front of a Christian flag — Pompeo in 2015 spoke of the “struggle against radical Islam, the kind of struggle this country has not faced since its great wars.” He warned that “evil is all around us,” citing reports of terror plots, and cautioned the congregation not to be deterred by those who might call them “Islamophobes or bigots.”...

Since moving to Capitol Hill, Pompeo has participated in the Monday evening evangelical bible study for members of Congress sponsored by Ralph Drollinger, a clergyman who has courted controversy by lashing out at gays and calling Catholicism the “world’s largest false religion.” Drollinger’s group has been sponsored by Christian right lawmakers including Michele Bachmann, Steve King, and Louie Gohmert.

Drollinger’s Members Bible Study includes a study guide declaring: “NOT EVERY MUSLIM IS A TERRORIST BUT EVERY INTERNATIONAL TERRORIST IN RECENT HISTORY HAS BEEN A MUSLIM.” Drollinger’s guide argues that the Bible teaches that “there is no way America or Israel should tolerate uranium enrichment programs in any theocratic Muslim country.” The guide also claims “that Islam and its Koran are nothing more than a plagiarism of OT truths,” a reference to the Old Testament, “and a non-chronological, sloppy one at that — topped off with a falsified diminution of Jesus Christ.”....

“It follows then that the sudden rise of Pence, Sessions, and Pompeo — all men who are disciples of Jesus Christ — serve to vividly illustrate the truth of 1 Timothy 2:1-4!” Drollinger said. That passage calls for “supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks” for “all people” including “kings and all those in authority”.

Drollinger continued: “Suddenly these men who have been discipled by the Church are in prominent positions of authority to change the course of America in ways that are biblical.”

Source: https://theintercept.com/2016/11/23/mike-pompeo-religious-war/

2. Now Sinophobia has replaced Islamophobia in Pompeo’s mind.

Werbung:
Part 2

...Earlier this year, the congressman shocked the Islamic Society of Wichita, a local mosque in his district, by publishing a statement denouncing the group for inviting a speaker he alleged had ties to Hamas. The speaker had spoken four times to the mosque in the past without incident.

But Pompeo, in his statement, released without prior notice to the mosque, charged that the Islamic Society of Wichita’s event was an insult because it coincided with the Christian holiday of Good Friday, and that if the mosque failed to rescind the invitation, they would be “responsible for the damage among religious faiths that is sure to follow.”

Local Facebook groups planned to protest the mosque in response, leading Hussam Madi, the spokesman for the local Islamic Society, to cancel the event.

Pompeo told the Wichita Eagle that he had been tipped off about the event by a call, but declined to reveal the source of the information. In April, the month after the incident, Pompeo appeared on Secure Freedom Radio, a program hosted by anti-Muslim campaigner Frank Gaffney, to boast that he had used Gaffney’s organization as a resource to research the speaker. Gaffney is notorious for spreading fears about Muslims, claiming absurdly that President Obama is “still” a Muslim, that Gov. Chris Christie had committed “treason” for appointing a Muslim judge. He runs a website that claims that Islam is not a religion, but a political ideology bent on destroying Western civilization.....

Part 3

....In 2013, following the Boston Marathon bombings, Pompeo launched an attack on Muslim leaders, claiming that the Muslim American community had refused to denounce the attacks. “Mr. Speaker, it’s been just under two months since the attacks in Boston, and in those intervening weeks, the silence of Muslim leaders has been deafening,” Pompeo said. The silence, he added, made Muslim leaders “potentially complicit” in terror attacks.

As activist Anai Rhoads noted in the Huffington Post, Muslim leaders worked closely with law enforcement to thwart potential attacks, and there were many statements denouncing the Boston bombing by the largest Muslim organizations in the U.S. immediately following the attack...

CAIR (Council on American-Islamic Relations) called for an apology, but Pompeo, in a statement, said he was “not backing down.”

The Kansas lawmaker has frequently appeared on Christian right radio, including on a program hosted by the Family Research Council — a group, like Gaffney’s, that has promoted fears about Islam. Pompeo is an opponent of gay marriage, and was among a handful of legislators to demand that the Air Force return the phrase “so help me God” to its military oath.

In first bid for office in 2010, Pompeo’s campaign tweeted a link to a blog that mocked his Democratic opponent, Raj Goyle, with a racial slur and said that Goyle, a local state lawmaker, “could be a muslim a hindu, a buddhist, who knows … One thing’s for sure … goyle is not a Christian!” Pompeo called Goyle to apologize, blaming the tweet on a staffer, but declined to fire the staff member responsible for the communication...

Part 4

The following are excerpts from an article by Yonden Lhatoo, the chief news editor at the South China Morning Post, dated July 25, 2020 under the headline "Trump’s America has become an unstoppable, out-of-control bully".

(Begin excerpts)
.....While openly coercing America's cronies and lobbying other nations to gang up against China, Trump's thuggish top diplomat Mike Pompeo made an unhinged rant of a speech this week that was beyond appalling in its ignorance and Sinophobia.

"The truth is that our policies, and those of other free nations, resurrected China's failing economy, only to see Beijing bite the international hands that fed it," he said. "We must also engage and empower the Chinese people " a dynamic, freedom-loving people who are completely distinct from the Chinese Communist Party." Really.

The most eloquent and fitting response to this nonsense came from former diplomat and veteran China hand Robert Daly, who told US News & World Report magazine: "China is not a land of innocent captives and evil master trolls. US-China relations are not a children's story. In China, the United States faces something far more formidable than Secretary Pompeo suggests: China is a vast, complex, wealthy, ambitious, aggrieved nation ...

"In confronting China, we're not dealing with a wholly good people who have been 'imprisoned' or 'enslaved' by a purely malign party. Chinese are often frustrated by a government (that) ignores their wishes, moves too slowly or moves in the wrong direction, but the available evidence is that, as citizens of the PRC, most Chinese people feel proud and enabled, not constrained."

All that's left to say to Pompeo and his master is what Boston lawyer Joseph Welch once famously told anti-Communist witch-hunter Joseph McCarthy during one of his Salem trials-style hearings: "Have you no sense of decency, sir? At long last, have you left no sense of decency?" (End excerpts)

Source: https://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/worl...ut-of-control-bully/ar-BB17blmF?ocid=msedgdhp

Werbung:
Part 1

1. MIKE POMPEO, DONALD Trump’s pick to lead the Central Intelligence Agency, has at times depicted the fight against terrorism as a war between radical Muslims, on one side, and the Christian faith on the other.

“This threat to America,”
Pompeo told a church group in Wichita in 2014, is from a minority of Muslims “who deeply believe that Islam is the way and the light and the only answer.”

“They abhor Christians,”
Pompeo said, “and will continue to press against us until we make sure that we pray and stand and fight and make sure that we know that Jesus Christ is our savior is truly the only solution for our world.”...

At an evangelical church in his district that specializes in addressing “Satanism and paranormal activity” — and standing in front of a Christian flag — Pompeo in 2015 spoke of the “struggle against radical Islam, the kind of struggle this country has not faced since its great wars.” He warned that “evil is all around us,” citing reports of terror plots, and cautioned the congregation not to be deterred by those who might call them “Islamophobes or bigots.”...

Since moving to Capitol Hill, Pompeo has participated in the Monday evening evangelical bible study for members of Congress sponsored by Ralph Drollinger, a clergyman who has courted controversy by lashing out at gays and calling Catholicism the “world’s largest false religion.” Drollinger’s group has been sponsored by Christian right lawmakers including Michele Bachmann, Steve King, and Louie Gohmert.

Drollinger’s Members Bible Study includes a study guide declaring: “NOT EVERY MUSLIM IS A TERRORIST BUT EVERY INTERNATIONAL TERRORIST IN RECENT HISTORY HAS BEEN A MUSLIM.” Drollinger’s guide argues that the Bible teaches that “there is no way America or Israel should tolerate uranium enrichment programs in any theocratic Muslim country.” The guide also claims “that Islam and its Koran are nothing more than a plagiarism of OT truths,” a reference to the Old Testament, “and a non-chronological, sloppy one at that — topped off with a falsified diminution of Jesus Christ.”....

“It follows then that the sudden rise of Pence, Sessions, and Pompeo — all men who are disciples of Jesus Christ — serve to vividly illustrate the truth of 1 Timothy 2:1-4!” Drollinger said. That passage calls for “supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks” for “all people” including “kings and all those in authority”.

Drollinger continued: “Suddenly these men who have been discipled by the Church are in prominent positions of authority to change the course of America in ways that are biblical.”

2. Now Sinophobia has replaced Islamophobia in Pompeo’s mind.

My beef with you is how uninformed you are. Most all those statements were made by non-Trump supportres and members of the Muslim and other communities !!

So just one to show how uninformed you are

HERE IS MUSLIM AAYAN HIRSHI ALI talking about people like you

"“My observation is yes, Christianity is different from Islam…The worst thing that a Christian has ever said to me, the rudest thing that a Christian has ever said to me, the thing that made me most uncomfortable that a Christian said to me was ‘I’m going to pray for you. I hope you will be safe. I hope you will be redeemed.’ But within my own family and my own community, when I say I’m in doubt about the Koran and Muhammad and life after death and all that, it is ‘well, you are to die.’ So I just want to point out the differences between the religions…What makes me angry is the moral equivalence.”

Back