Polygamist leader Warren Jeffs sentenced to life in prison

Little-Acorn

Polygamist leader Warren Jeffs sentenced to life in prison plus 20 years for child sexual assault.

Headline only, on Fox News website, no more details yet.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

He's going to find a whole new definition of polygamy where he's going. And he won't be able to stare down THIS jury like he tried to in the courtroom. It's a lot harder to make eye contact when they're standing behind you and holding you down, with your orange jumpsuit pulled over your head.

Werbung:
Shall we say joy and "rapture" knowing that the "man" in Warren Jeffs, will have the rest of his life to spread his...."word".... for the rest of the prison population who probably can't wait to share their love with a child molester.

Shall we say joy and "rapture" knowing that the "man" in Warren Jeffs, will have the rest of his life to spread his...."word".... for the rest of the prison population who probably can't wait to share their love with a child molester.

Ugh! I don't want to think of that.

You know as I was writing my post before I was hesitant. Not because I defend him in any way or like him in any way, but because the justice system is flawed. He got way more than another person would get for the same thing. Some people even walk free, maybe a bit of probation. I don't like it if some are given worse than others because they are high profile or less for the same reason. I want blind justice

But I still can't help but be glad he wont be hurting kids anymore. So I am a bit mixed.

I don't believe the sentence was to make an example of him.

I think it probably has more to do with the actual evidence that the jury saw and heard, which I haven't. However, if it was proven that a man purposely took advantage of children as he did, as the tapes did, not to mention testimony, and in his own words "the world would hang me from the highest tree if they knew what I was doing" played more of a role with the jurors than his celebrity, which is contained to the 10K that believe he is the word of God.

You might remember that the people who took Jaycee Duggard also got the maximum sentence, and they were not celebrities to anyone.

Warren Jeffs deserves to get what he gave. That is justice.
If justice was EVER served by the legal system of this country, this was it.

You know as I was writing my post before I was hesitant. Not because I defend him in any way or like him in any way, but because the justice system is flawed. He got way more than another person would get for the same thing. Some people even walk free, maybe a bit of probation. I don't like it if some are given worse than others because they are high profile or less for the same reason. I want blind justice

But I still can't help but be glad he wont be hurting kids anymore. So I am a bit mixed.

I am not aware of a any serial child molesters who, once caught, have walked free ever again in their lives - whether in prison or out.

Well. . .it couldn't happen to a nicer guy!

I am not aware of a any serial child molesters who, once caught, have walked free ever again in their lives - whether in prison or out

They just changed parishes.

They just changed parishes.

And they have to register ANY TIME they move. And there is always a "nice Christian soul" who lets the whole neighborhood knows that the person living in that specific house is a child molester. And when they get a job, they have to reveal they have a child molesting charge against them, even if it is 25 years old. If they don't, the police comes to their work place and inform their boss.

I know. One of my colleague had that visit from those cops. She was asked to leave the agency.

how many people get to walk free or get probation for Rape of kids? most people who molest kids serve a good deal of time...this guy did it to a lot of kids.

And they have to register ANY TIME they move. And there is always a "nice Christian soul" who lets the whole neighborhood knows that the person living in that specific house is a child molester. And when they get a job, they have to reveal they have a child molesting charge against them, even if it is 25 years old. If they don't, the police comes to their work place and inform their boss.

I know. One of my colleague had that visit from those cops. She was asked to leave the agency.

oddly if he had just murdered someone he would not have to.

oddly if he had just murdered someone he would not have to.

Yes! Murderers that get out on parole have it easier than child molesters!

Except, obviously, if the murderer is also a pedophile!

Anyway, I'm really happy with the verdict and the sentencing! The only thing that would have made it better is if we could have castrated him. . .he might have made a nice "wife" for someone in prison!

Remember Casey Anthony? She had an high profile lawyer. Her Lawyer got her off the hook. Now if Warren Jeffs had Caseys lawyer he would went off Scott Free too.

Werbung:
He got way more than another person would get for the same thing. Some people even walk free, maybe a bit of probation.

Yep. Casey Anthony and OJ Simpson both committed First Degree Murder, and walked. Didn't even get probation for the crime.

The justice system will be perfect (or "blind" as you said) when it is made up of perfect people.

As it is, we'll have to get along with it as it is. Rejecting it because it's "not perfect", is ludicrously simpleminded.

Back