Pluto Loses Status as Planet

Brandon

In a move that shocked all known planet lovers, Pluto has been stripped of the honorific title of "planet".

The International Astronomical Union who made the decision made textbook traders rush to yank all "nine planet" books and replace them with the more correct "eight planets and Pluto the planet formerly known as". Another issue is dealing with mnemonic sayings. It is now apparent that the children of the world will not be eating anymore pizzas (My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Nine Pizzas).

The scientists agreed that for a celestial body to qualify as a planet:

• [*]it must be in orbit around the Sun
    [*]it must be large enough that it takes on a nearly round shape
    [*]it has cleared its orbit of other objects
And the masses scream "who cares!"

Werbung:
It really doesn't matter if Pluto is a planet or not, after all it will still be there either way. I couldn't care less what it gets classified as.

Hear hear! I saw a poll saying "How do you feel about Pluto not being a planet anymore?" I feel that anybody who feels that their identity has somehow been insulted or threatened by this would probably make for a very interesting clinical history- but that's just because I'm a meddie.

Now, My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Nachos!

Yum Nachos!

dong, if you give me some answers for the poll I will post the poll for you.

The International Astronomical Union who made the decision made textbook traders rush to yank all "nine planet" books and replace them with the more correct "eight planets and Pluto the planet formerly known as".

HaHaHaHa!

But anyways, it doesnt really affect us.

Let's form a protest group!

Actually, I've known that this was gonna come sooner or later ever since I learnt about the solar system when I was...about 5-6 y.o. That was a looooong time ago.

I miss Pluto already...
well not really, but I still don't get why it got demoted from the rank of planet.

Let's create a category for Pluto and not let the other planets join it. This way Pluto is special.

Werbung:
Back