Pirates kidnap two Americans in ship attack off coast of Nigeria

Texas_tea

Pirates kidnap two Americans in ship attack off coast of Nigeria, official says

Pirates have attacked a U.S.-flagged oil platform supply vessel off the coast of Nigeria and kidnapped two Americans, a senior U.S. official tells Fox News.

The attack on the C-Retriever ship, which is owned by Louisiana-based Edison Chouest Offshore, happened early Wednesday, UK-based security firm AKE and two security sources told Reuters. The ship is around 200 feet long and was sailing near Brass, Nigeria, in the Gulf of Guinea.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's amazing how emboldened our enemies have become under the Obama Regime!

Last edited:
Werbung:
Pirates kidnap two Americans in ship attack off coast of Nigeria, official says

Pirates have attacked a U.S.-flagged oil platform supply vessel off the coast of Nigeria and kidnapped two Americans, a senior U.S. official tells Fox News.

The attack on the C-Retriever ship, which is owned by Louisiana-based Edison Chouest Offshore, happened early Wednesday, UK-based security firm AKE and two security sources told Reuters. The ship is around 200 feet long and was sailing near Brass, Nigeria, in the Gulf of Guinea.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's amazing how emboldened our enemies have become under the Obama Regime!

This same thing was going on before Obama became president as well, but still. Why can't we just arm some vessels that appear to be commercial and blow a few pirate vessels out of the water? It seems to me that would put a stop to 21st. century piracy.

This same thing was going on before Obama became president as well, but still. Why can't we just arm some vessels that appear to be commercial and blow a few pirate vessels out of the water? It seems to me that would put a stop to 21st. century piracy.
Some had installed arms after the last rash.

Some had installed arms after the last rash.
Did they? Good. Now, let's blow a few of them out of the water and see if piracy doesn't stop.

In fact, I think someone already came up with the idea of piracy shooting tourism: A cruise ship outfitted with cannon, and the patrons manning the guns, like a safari, only hunting pirates instead of lions.

That was not a serious suggestion, of course, but then, maybe it should be. There aren't all that many lions left, after all.

Really .....

I don't doubt it but, do you have any examples of this happening before the Obama Regime?

Really .....

I don't doubt it but, do you have any examples of this happening before the Obama Regime?

Somali piracy at seven-year low, new tactics by militants onshore: U.N.

(
Reuters) - Pirate attacks off the coast of Somalia are at the lowest level since 2006 because of tougher ship security and more Western naval patrols, while onshore al Shabaab militants have shifted tactics to guerrilla warfare, the United Nations said on Wednesday.

Maybe attacks are down this year so far ....

But, your own reference suggest a huge increase in attacks during the first 4 years of the Obama Regime!
Yes, and that they're now down due to increased naval patrols and tougher security.

Increased naval patrols and tougher security sounds to me like a good idea.

Agreed ... but, the point is why they were emboldened to begin with.
If you mean back in 2006, you can't lay that one on Obama, sorry. Now, if you try, I'm sure you can find plenty to criticize the current POTUS for. I'll give you a hint: Go to 60 Minutes and read up on what they said tonight about Bengazi.

If you mean back in 2006, you can't lay that one on Obama, sorry. Now, if you try, I'm sure you can find plenty to criticize the current POTUS for. I'll give you a hint: Go to 60 Minutes and read up on what they said tonight about Bengazi.
I was referring to post 2006. And, yes Benghazi is a whole other thread on the the President's incompetence, neglect, lies and scandals ....

There were other events happening in 2008 that drove much of it. Collapse of the government and ending somali navy triggered individual participation in retributipn for foreign overfishing and garbage dumping.

There were other events happening in 2008 that drove much of it. Collapse of the government and ending somali navy triggered individual participation in retributipn for foreign overfishing and garbage dumping.
This is true ... but, in he past our enemies have not been so willing to attack Americans nor American interest ....

Our enemies are now clearly emboldened and that was my point.

This is true ... but, in he past our enemies have not been so willing to attack Americans nor American interest ....

Our enemies are now clearly emboldened and that was my point.

and your point would have been better made had you not picked out piracy. You see, piracy is happening less now than it was before due to increased security. Your point would have been better made had you found an example of an enemy of the US that actually had stepped up the attacks due to being "emboldened" by the inaction of the CIC.

Werbung:
and your point would have been better made had you not picked out piracy. You see, piracy is happening less now than it was before due to increased security. Your point would have been better made had you found an example of an enemy of the US that actually had stepped up the attacks due to being "emboldened" by the inaction of the CIC.
That is your opinion of my point .... an opinion that I do not share!

Back