Pig Lungs in Humans

GenSeneca

Pig lungs in human transplants move step closer
03 Feb 2010

Scientists in Melbourne, Australia, used a ventilator and pump to keep the animal lungs alive and "breathing" while human blood flowed in them.

Experts estimated the work could lead to the first animal-human transplants within five years.

Dr Glenn Westall, who helped conduct the experiment, said: “The blood went into the lungs without oxygen and came out with oxygen, which is the exact function of the lungs.

"It showed that these lungs were working perfectly well and doing as we were expecting them to do.

“This is a significant advance compared to experiments that have been performed over the past 20 years."

--Telegraph UK for the rest of the article--

You might be tempted to ask: Doesn't such a post belong in the health & science section? It probably would but I don't want to talk about the health & science implications of this breakthrough... I have a different idea.

We give captured terrorists pig-lung transplants. They wouldn't want to live if they had to breathe through swine lungs but they also wouldn't want to die with their bodies being tainted by pork products. What is a terrorist to do?

Aren't lung transplants expensive? You bet! Here's the best part...

We let the world know we have this pig-tech and that we are using it to prolong the lives of our citizens. We also announce that we will be giving any captured terrorists these pig-lung transplants whether they need new lungs or not. Rather than physical means of interrogation, we can simply threaten to give them pig-lung transplants if they refuse to cooperate.

Now unlike the transplants we actually do on members of our population who actually need them, we only put the terrorists under with anesthesia then cut and stitch where necessary to make them believe they've had the transplant when they haven't with the promise that we can replace their pig-lungs with human lungs if they change their mind and begin to cooperate.

Between this and my idea for reupholstering airline seats with pigskin leather, we could end the threat of terrorism using nothing but pork products.

Werbung:
You might be tempted to ask: Doesn't such a post belong in the health & science section? It probably would but I don't want to talk about the health & science implications of this breakthrough... I have a different idea.

We give captured terrorists pig-lung transplants. They wouldn't want to live if they had to breathe through swine lungs but they also wouldn't want to die with their bodies being tainted by pork products. What is a terrorist to do?

Aren't lung transplants expensive? You bet! Here's the best part...

We let the world know we have this pig-tech and that we are using it to prolong the lives of our citizens. We also announce that we will be giving any captured terrorists these pig-lung transplants whether they need new lungs or not. Rather than physical means of interrogation, we can simply threaten to give them pig-lung transplants if they refuse to cooperate.

Now unlike the transplants we actually do on members of our population who actually need them, we only put the terrorists under with anesthesia then cut and stitch where necessary to make them believe they've had the transplant when they haven't with the promise that we can replace their pig-lungs with human lungs if they change their mind and begin to cooperate.

Between this and my idea for reupholstering airline seats with pigskin leather, we could end the threat of terrorism using nothing but pork products.

The ACLU and the left would scream and throw fits like you have never seen.
They would never let this happen. I am sure they would somehow define it torture

I would say its great...so long as your goal is to give terrorist Propaganda to use to Recruit and you like terrorist...

Also you clearly do not understand that for many terrorist...not following the Koran ( or Torah as it also says no pigs...come to think of if christians should not as well...if we get literal)

engaging in the Jihad, washes those sins away as its for the greater good and all that...

...Experts estimated the work could lead to the first animal-human transplants...
Note: this statement is incorrect. There are currently two options for heart valve transplants; silicone (which requires injections of anti-rejection medication for life), and pig valves (which requires injections of anti-rejection medication for six months post op). Therefore, it is not the first animal-human transplant.

Werbung:
I would say its great...so long as your goal is to give terrorist Propaganda to use to Recruit and you like terrorist...
Your flawed premise is a belief that we can take any action, including inaction, that will not result in the terrorists using it as propaganda for recruitment. Even the suggestions you have for dealing with them, whatever they may be, will result in them using it as propaganda.

Back