Peaceful coexistence between scientists and theologians

Then, there is the creationist theory:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

As far as I know all the theories about the creation and development of life on Earth are creationist theories. Unless one of the theories says that life has always been here.

But that must not be what you were talking about since the cartoon is not about creation, is it?

I would agree that the great flood was not the cause of the extinction of dinos since I believe the bible strongly indicates that it was a great local flood despite what Sunday school teachers with no seminary experience say.

Werbung:
You and I must use the words "probably" differently. If I said something were probably caused by something else I would be saying that there is a greater chance that it was than it wasn't.

But you have said that the meteor was probably the reason the dinos went extinct and also said that it was probably mosquitoes. I don't see how both could probably be the answer.

No, the most likely explanation is the asteroid hypotheses. That is the most probable cause. The disease idea says that the disease was most likely mosquito born, that is, if it was a disease.

Or there could have been multiple causes.

As for "creationism," the cartoon clearly relates to the biblical literalism notion.

Or, perhaps this could be the reason:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I would just say they weren't fit. Of course truisms are not very exciting or illuminating. And they certainly don't win grant money.

Werbung:
No doubt they will. People have a huge capacity to believe what they want to believe regardless of facts.

Which brings us back to what I have been saying all along -- the greatest evil, that which burdens mankind the most -- is STUPIDITY.

Back