Pauline Hanson and her win in Australia

amelia88

A lot of my friends back home in Australia have been up in arms about this one...

For the Aussies on here, what are your thoughts about Pauline Hanson winning her seat in the Senate? Do you think it's going to fan racial tensions?

Do you have any opinion on the lady herself either way?

Werbung:
During the campaign, she calls for a ban on Muslim immigration to Australia, and Hanson looks assured to win a spot in the Senate after securing more than 9 per cent of the vote in Queensland. Anti-immigration sentiment in the country is always very strong, which is quite similar to post-Brexit Britain. It's not surprising that close to 10 per cent of Queensland voters supported her anti-Muslim platform. But in her early days, her main target was Asian immigration and her return to politics does not bode well for Chinese and Korean Australians.

Last edited:
Pauline Hanson is similar to right wing extremist in Europe and the USA that blame immigrants for all the nations problems. Twenty years when she was first elected she blame Asians. Now she blames Muslims. Here power will depend of who support her. Her party might have up to four votes i the Senate,

Werbung:
Pauline Hanson is similar to right wing extremist in Europe and the USA that blame immigrants for all the nations problems. Twenty years when she was first elected she blame Asians. Now she blames Muslims. Here power will depend of who support her. Her party might have up to four votes i the Senate,
Interesting how quickly the world has come to agree that muslim behavior is unacceptable. Hopefully the ones who do not hold to the violence will take control of their zealots and regain a place in a civilized world. Failure to do so will be costly to them.

Back