Palin guilty of abuse of power

Werbung:
Re: Palin ABUSED HER POWER

It doesn't say how, and is likely irrelevant since it's already been established that she did not, nor did anyone in her administration, suggest or tell the Public Safety Commissioner that he should fire Wooten.

My guess is most democrats don't even know anything about what I just said anyway. You are just are hack job partisan trying to stop the Republican ticket.

It doesn't say how, and is likely irrelevant since it's already been established that she did not, nor did anyone in her administration, suggest or tell the Public Safety Commissioner that he should fire Wooten.

My guess is most democrats don't even know anything about what I just said anyway. You are just are hack job partisan trying to stop the Republican ticket.

Take a look at the polls, the Republican ticket is already stopped, in fact it's barely treading water....this is just another nail in the coffin.

Take a look at the polls, the Republican ticket is already stopped, in fact it's barely treading water....this is just another nail in the coffin.

Let us recap:

Popeye: Palin abused her power! It is in this report.

Andy: How did she abuse it, the report does not say?

Popeye: The polls show Republicans behind.

What? :rolleyes:

Let us recap:

Popeye: Palin abused her power! It is in this report.

Andy: How did she abuse it, the report does not say?

Popeye: The polls show Republicans behind.

What? :rolleyes:

I'm just reporting what the Anchorage Daily News says:

A legislative investigation has concluded that Gov. Sarah Palin abused her power in pushing for the firing of an Alaska state trooper who was once married to her sister.

I've got an idea, instead of viewing things through your partisan tunnel vision and assuming she did nothing wrong, try reading the report yourself. I posted it once, here it is again:

http://www.ktoo.org/gavel/pdf/LEGC081010B.pdf

I'm just reporting what the Anchorage Daily News says:

I've got an idea, instead of viewing things through your partisan tunnel vision and assuming she did nothing wrong, try reading the report yourself. I posted it once, here it is again:

http://www.ktoo.org/gavel/pdf/LEGC081010B.pdf

I am not reading 300 pages. I skimmed the 4 main factors and it said at best she violated some ethics code.

It also says "Palin's firing of Monegan was "a proper and lawful exercise" of the governor's authority."

That report is rather lengthy, here's a brief summary from CNN

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (CNN) -- Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin abused her power as Alaska's governor by trying to get her ex-brother-in-law fired from the state police, a state investigator's report concluded Friday.

"Gov. Palin knowingly permitted a situation to continue where impermissible pressure was placed on several subordinates in order to advance a personal agenda," the report states.

Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan's refusal to fire State Trooper Mike Wooten from the state police force was "likely a contributing factor" to Monegan's July dismissal, but Palin had the authority as governor to fire him, the report by former Anchorage prosecutor Stephen Branchflower states.

However, it states that her efforts to get Wooten fired broke a state ethics law that bars public officials from pursuing personal interest through official action.

Monegan has said he was fired in July after refusing pressure to sack Wooten, who had gone through an acrimonious divorce and custody battle with Palin's sister.

Palin and her husband, Todd, have consistently denied wrongdoing, describing Wooten as a "rogue trooper" who had threatened their family -- allegations Branchflower discounted.

"I conclude that such claims of fear were not bona fide and were offered to provide cover for the Palins' real motivation: to get Trooper Wooten fired for personal family reasons," Branchflower wrote.

The Branchflower report states Todd Palin used his wife's office and its resources to press for Wooten's removal, and the governor "failed to act" to stop it. But because Todd Palin is not a state employee, the report makes no finding regarding his conduct.

I'm thinkin'.....much like '96 (when the RNC threw Bob Dole to Bill Clinton)....the Republicans knew they had no chance at the Presidency, after Daddy Bush & The NeoCons raped The Treasury.

Option 1: Give-up the most-dispensible Republican they can think-of; McCain. Saddling him with some pin-headed bimbo was icing-on-the-cake.

I'll be awfully disappointed if we don't get (at least) one stage-dive!!

I am not reading 300 pages. I skimmed the 4 main factors and it said at best she violated some ethics code.

It also says "Palin's firing of Monegan was "a proper and lawful exercise" of the governor's authority."

Granted it does say she had the authority but it also she's been covering up her real motivation. Look, I don't know how big a deal this is but it once again puts a floundering campaign on it's back foot and in that sense it is not good news for the GOP.

I'm thinkin'.....much like '96 (when the RNC threw Bob Dole to Bill Clinton)....the Republicans knew they had no chance at the Presidency, after Daddy Bush & The NeoCons raped The Treasury.

Option 1: Give-up the most-dispensible Republican they can think-of; McCain. Saddling him with some pin-headed bimbo was icing-on-the-cake.

Are you suggesting that the nomination of John McCain is a GOP conspiracy?

Granted it does say she had the authority but it also she's been covering up her real motivation. Look, I don't know how big a deal this is but it once again puts a floundering campaign on it's back foot and in that sense it is not good news for the GOP.

I think it will dominate the news cycle for a day or so, and then the economy will be back to the front.

At best things stay unchanged, at worst, they most likely stay mostly unchanged.

Which goes to support my view that this isn't important to you other than as a political football. Which goes to why I couldn't really careless about you or your irrelevant views.

Werbung:

I think it will dominate the news cycle for a day or so, and then the economy will be back to the front.

At best things stay unchanged, at worst, they most likely stay mostly unchanged.

You're probably right, though it will dominate the Sunday shows as well. Anyway, as long as the economy remains the issue, Obama wins.

I'm not ready, as some people are, to state that Obama can't lose at this point but barring some unforeseen disaster it's awfully hard to see him losing either.

Back