Our President nails it in speech to Congress!

top gun

WOW!!!!!!

Let me say that one more time WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our President went before a joint session of Congress tonight and called out those who had been lying about Heath Insurance Reform almost by name. And then said from now on we will continue to call you out!

He did everything right. Our President was strong as nails but also humble in asking for people of both Parties to work together. He reassured our Senior Citizens that their coverage was rock solid and guaranteed that his plan would not raise the deficit... and just to make sure that it didn't it would even include a provision that any increase would have to be matched by other budgets cuts.

Like President Obama so eloquently said in comparison... We have State Colleges & Private Colleges and one does not put the other out of business, but allows the competition so all have their chance at higher education.

At the end I could see Senator Kennedy's widow mouth the words to our First Lady... It was magnificent! And it surely was.

It's a GREAT DAY for The United States of America!

Caring for the American people was not dead. It just needed the right person to carry it forward again... as it did in the past.

Werbung:
WOW!!!!!!

Let me say that one more time WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our President went before a joint session of Congress tonight and called out those who had been lying about Heath Insurance Reform almost by name. And then said from now on we will continue to call you out!

He did everything right. Our President was strong as nails but also humble in asking for people of both Parties to work together. He reassured our Senior Citizens that their coverage was rock solid and guaranteed that his plan would not raise the deficit... and just to make sure that it didn't it would even include a provision that any increase would have to be matched by other budgets cuts.

Like President Obama so eloquently said in comparison... We have State Colleges & Private Colleges and one does not put the other out of business, but allows the competition so all have their chance at higher education.

At the end I could see Senator Kennedy's widow mouth the words to our First Lady... It was magnificent! And it surely was.

It's a GREAT DAY for The United States of America!

Caring for the American people was not dead. It just needed the right person to carry it forward again... as it did in the past.

Was it the best speech he has given?

This was the first time I decided not to watch him speak. I will wait and watch it in clips later. I have never done this before, I did not even record it. David Bender said he had better nail it tonight or he will lose a lot of support on the left. I am interested in how David Bender liked it.

Text of President's speech.

Read it and decide for yourself. Personally, I do not think he did anything that will change the political landscape and debate about healthcare reform. The speech was alright, but I do not see it as enough to do what he needs it to do.

Many of his points are disputed, and in some cases the CBO outright disagrees with his assertions. I am not sure it will have the effect he hopes for.

Read it and decide for yourself. Personally, I do not think he did anything that will change the political landscape and debate about healthcare reform. The speech was alright, but I do not see it as enough to do what he needs it to do.

Many of his points are disputed, and in some cases the CBO outright disagrees with his assertions. I am not sure it will have the effect he hopes for.

I listened as long as I could stand it; the subterfuge and lies finally overcoming me. Nailed it? Not hardly. Typical double-speak, and Obama-bots swooning over every word as the thrills run up their legs. Shallow minds easily entertained, not recognizing the expiration date passing instantaneously as the promises drip out of his mouth; not bothering to listen to what wasn't said as much as what was; not extending the most feeble attempt to note the various bait-and-switch moments.

But let the analysis begin! First here is, GASP! From the AP, with a cursory multi-pointed truth detection... He fails again.

This was the first time I decided not to watch him speak. I will wait and watch it in clips later. I have never done this before, I did not even record it. David Bender said he had better nail it tonight or he will lose a lot of support on the left. I am interested in how David Bender liked it.

I guess it depends on how you classify a good speech. We'll give him this - the teleprompters didn't appear to fail him tonight.

Like you I had decided not to watch him tonight. I've already seen some clips, but we did turn over live for a bit, until my gag-reflex went into overdrive, and my hubby got tired of my sputtering over every other line.

Do you remember the Swedish Chef of the Muppets fame? He was known for humming that little nonsense ditty all the time, between his clipped accent-laden discourse. For some reason, I've developed a Gary Larson-esque tendency to visualize him humming away on the sidelines, chef cap bobbing, a tune hauntingly similar to "Hail to the Chief" but subtitled "Hail to the Chef". And every time I hear him say "Let me be clear" or "Period" I see the Swedish Chef's little "bork-bork-bork" as he wallops someone on the head...

Had to satisfy that urging, and found this...
HE SHOOTS, HE SCORES! ROFLMAO! Too bad this is all such serious business, with so much at stake. Supporters just don't realize they are the chicken in the pot this time...

thanks for the link, Ill read it but probably not now. I am so sick of the health care topic and obama has done too many speeches that I am burnt out. But I will eventually at least run through it :)

I listened as long as I could stand it; the subterfuge and lies finally overcoming me. Nailed it? Not hardly. Typical double-speak, and Obama-bots swooning over every word as the thrills run up their legs. Shallow minds easily entertained, not recognizing the expiration date passing instantaneously as the promises drip out of his mouth; not bothering to listen to what wasn't said as much as what was; not extending the most feeble attempt to note the various bait-and-switch moments.

But let the analysis begin! First here is, GASP! From the AP, with a cursory multi-pointed truth detection... He fails again.

WOW the AP must not have drank their portion of kool aid tonight

thanks for that link!

I guess it depends on how you classify a good speech. We'll give him this - the teleprompters didn't appear to fail him tonight.

Like you I had decided not to watch him tonight. I've already seen some clips, but we did turn over live for a bit, until my gag-reflex went into overdrive, and my hubby got tired of my sputtering over every other line.

Do you remember the Swedish Chef of the Muppets fame? He was known for humming that little nonsense ditty all the time, between his clipped accent-laden discourse. For some reason, I've developed a Gary Larson-esque tendency to visualize him humming away on the sidelines, chef cap bobbing, a tune hauntingly similar to "Hail to the Chief" but subtitled "Hail to the Chef". And every time I hear him say "Let me be clear" or "Period" I see the Swedish Chef's little "bork-bork-bork" as he wallops someone on the head...

Had to satisfy that urging, and found this...
HE SHOOTS, HE SCORES! ROFLMAO! Too bad this is all such serious business, with so much at stake. Supporters just don't realize they are the chicken in the pot this time...

Ah that was good. Without watching it, I am assuming that is how obama scored tonight too

Interesting the reactions on this little sample of the world and how many line up behind one side or the other:

Was it the best speech he'd ever given :confused: WTH...it was a speech about and too the lies that the opposition seem to be pushing for lack of any factual points to argue...that's all just a "Hey, I'm tired of the B.S. that the lessor thinking elected officials are preaching high & low all around America".

If our President is able to achieve 80% of the items that he wants for AMERICA out of this health care reform issue then we all are in a WIN/WIN scenario regardless of the 'pseudo right wing nut job POV & the pseudo extreme left winged liberal nut jobs' we the middle of the road Independent struggling Americans will be able to have a health care option that will be affordable and equal in the health care that we currently do NOT HAVE. ;)

It was damn good.

My personal favorite will probably always be his 2004 Convention speech... but this was an on point, in your face, we will get this done speech of a true leader!

Our President is so good that even a Lunatic Republicant heckler couldn't throw him off stride![I](and they wonder where the crazies in their shrinking Party get their pitifully bad decorum)[/I]

Kick ass President Obama... you are the real deal! And all of America saw that last night.;)

Werbung:
Back