One Question on Healthcare

Werbung:
There are several people on this forum that support the public option and even the more radical Single Payer government takeover of all health care.

So... Why can't a single person explain how either of these are capable of reducing the costs of providing health care?

You can't keep the cost of health care down! One of the wonderful things about health care its' ability to swallow more and more on less and less; doctors and hospitals will absorb as much cash as you can push into them, oodles of shiny toys and research projects to sink your hard earned cash into.

Cynicism aside the point surely is to ask what's best deal you can get for the amount put in?

You can't keep the cost of health care down!

I disagree. So do the people who claim government is the solution to the problem, claiming that if only we handed over the entire Health Care sector of the economy to government, that by some kind of Left Wing magic, health care would become cheap, plentiful and universally available.

How can government reduce the cost of providing health care?

Please, make your case.
Here in America? How about we quit completely funding all of the new medical drugs, devices and procedures and make the rest of the beneficiaries (the world at large) pay their fair share? Do you have any idea how much less they pay in other countries for the relatively expensive drugs here?

Yes, health is a commodity that should only be avialable to those who can afford it.

Why not take the same approach to education and water and air.

Let's get back to the 1800s and get slavery back.

That way you lot above would all be ill, illiterate and good only to work in the factories of the rich and to die in their armies.

What makes me laugh the most though is that the alleged beacon of capitalism has been brought to its knees by its most capitalist of institutions, the banks.

Oh and Pidgey, if you are going to raise the charge of drugs to these countries try stoping invading them, destablising them, stealing their natural resources, stealing their people and generally impoverishing them.

How did you get to think that all the US does is dispense good? It is tyrranical and the world hates it. They only do business with it because of the threats that are associated with not doing business with it.

Well thankfully the US' time is over.

Hawaii has had a nationalized (State-ized) health care system for 40 years now and it seems to work fine--Hell, even Rush Limbaugh praised it when he was treated at a hospital there. Maybe we should look at how it works and apply what we learn to the rest of the US.

Hawaii has had a nationalized (State-ized) health care system for 40 years now and it seems to work fine--Hell, even Rush Limbaugh praised it when he was treated at a hospital there. Maybe we should look at how it works and apply what we learn to the rest of the US.

They're bankrupt.

Also, you didn't answer my question: How can government control of the health care sector reduce the costs of providing care?

They're bankrupt.

Also, you didn't answer my question: How can government control of the health care sector reduce the costs of providing care?

If there is only one customer who is the whole population of the US then that customer will have WalMart buying power. Any insurance company who does not toe the line can simply be ignored and they will go out of business because they were not competitive enough. Surely you are familiar with economies of scale? The government can play the insurance and medical industries off against each other to obtain the best rates. Isn't that what capitalism is all about? Competition? So let's let the insurance companies and the health care providers compete for ALL OF OUR BUSINESS, EVERYONE'S HEALTH CARE.

You know as well as I do that right now big groups of people get better rates than individuals, so let's take that to the next level and make ONE big group so that everyone can get the best rates.

Let's also bear in mind that most doctors and health care providers Hate insurance companies and HMO's with their endless denials, pre-existing conditions, and interminable complex paperwork. Let's simplifiy it by insuring everyone with no pre-existing conditions clauses allowed.

I have seen nothing to show that Hawaii is bankrupt or that their system has been shut down. Got a link?

Isn't that what capitalism is all about? Competition? So let's let the insurance companies and the health care providers compete for ALL OF OUR BUSINESS, EVERYONE'S HEALTH CARE.
Government prevents insurance providers from competing across state lines. I've been the one saying they should eliminate such restrictions to open up true competitive forces in the market.

Let's simplifiy it by insuring everyone with no pre-existing conditions clauses allowed.
And what of the people who will game such a system and refuse to buy HC insurance until they have a catastrophic problem?

I have seen nothing to show that Hawaii is bankrupt or that their system has been shut down. Got a link?
Please point out where I said the, "system has been shut down", or you can just stop spouting such lies and I won't have to call you out on them.

https://www.houseofpolitics.com/forum/showpost.php?p=131629&postcount=6

A budget deficit of 1.23 billion and outstanding debts of more than 8 billion dollars have resulted in Hawaii slashing Health Care services

The source for my information is the Governor for the state of Hawaii, the link is in that post.

Also, you have YET to answer my question: How can government taking over healthcare lower the cost of providing HC services?

Look, poor people just shouldn't get healthcare.

Or schools.

Why pay for schools out of taxation???

It is preposterous.

Poor people should be stupid and ill.

Then they can live long enough and be stupid enough to fight in rich people's wars without being a burden on the state.

Look, poor people just shouldn't get healthcare.

Or schools.

Why pay for schools out of taxation???

It is preposterous.

Poor people should be stupid and ill.

Then they can live long enough and be stupid enough to fight in rich people's wars without being a burden on the state.

If you do not plan to even attempt answering my question, I would like to politely ask that you avoid posting in my thread.

Werbung:
Back