On living together

samsara15

Conservatives, get used to it. Liberals will not disappear, or decline in numbers, anytime soon, within your lifetimes. Nor will their egregrious, anti-capitalistic, from your viewpoint, influence on America, diminish as much as you hope. The same is true if we put the shoe on the other foot.

So we best decide how to talk to each other to minimize our differences.

We do have common enemies. If you insist on this continual warfare, we are only ensuring that those common enemies benefit from it. Liberals, believe it or not, compromise with you quite often. Can you do the same?

Werbung:
Conservatives, get used to it. Liberals will not disappear, or decline in numbers, anytime soon, within your lifetimes. Nor will their egregrious, anti-capitalistic, from your viewpoint, influence on America, diminish as much as you hope. The same is true if we put the shoe on the other foot.

We do have common enemies. If you insist on this continual warfare, we are only ensuring that those common enemies benefit from it. Liberals, believe it or not, compromise with you quite often. Can you do the same?

Libs and progressives are the ones causing all this warfare. If you would just accept the Constitution as the law of the land rather than letting libs/progressive elites rule us, we would get along just fine.

Conservatives believe the country is a nation of laws. Libs/progressives believe we are a nation ruled by the whims of elitist man and women.

There is no way we can find common ground.

Pretty bias post. You make it sound like conservatives are the problem. I can see where both are the problem and personally I think that liberals are more of the problem, but it does take two to tango... this post seems to say that conservatives ARE the problem and if you start the conversation that way, you are not going to get many conservatives to even give you or libs in general a chance.

A conservatives best bet is to speak louder and more often and do what they can to smash groups like acorn and take back seats in politics.

Are you serious?

Of course, good sense makes Conservatives foam in the mouth and start raving.

When will you people ever realize that you are are a bunch of rightist extremists, with a warped world view, and that sort of extremism doesn't sell well with the general public?

What is smart about Conservativism? Conservativism is nothing more than repeating the mistakes of the past.

You can start by treating those with whom you disagree as equals rather than sub-humans. I'm no angel, I certainly have my faults in this area, as at least a couple of people are dying to point out as they read this, but I do put forth the effort to try and be a better person today than I was yesterday.

picture.php

Such words inspire me. We should all push ourselves to achieve that level of tolerance and understanding when posting here on the forum. I don't see this as a competition, I'm not trying to defeat anyone in my arguments. I know some will think that's absurd but it's true... I will gladly explain and defend my views on any topic but I expect others to be able to do the same.

I have been swayed by rational arguments and I have swayed others through rational arguments but changing someone's mind is not my purpose for posting, I am here to learn and in doing so, I have met a couple dozen people from whom I have gained an intellectual profit.

When it comes to people with whom I disagree... We may not agree, we may not be able to arrive at a compromise, but if we can walk away with a better, clearer, fuller understanding of precisely what it is our opponents believe and why, then we both profit from the exchange.

When a forum has nothing to offer but massive internet ego's clashing in a childish battle not of ideas but of name calling, cheer-leading, finger-pointing and one-upsmanship, then we achieve nothing but intolerance and misunderstandings with no hope of civil discourse and no hope of mutual profit.

OK, bring on the attacks... :(

Their ideas are being defeated, as they should be, right under your nose. I have no interest in abandoning my ideas to make them more like yours. When progressivism is articulated and a clear alternative is offered, voters choose the latter.

Liberals are declining in numbers.

Why would one want to minimize the differences ?

America does have enemies and sometimes all America does come together to fight them which is good and to be expected. Sometimes there is disagrement as to who those enemies are and there in less cohesion. That is normal as well.

Compromise is a tricky thing and not always good. Fortunately we have a wonderful Constitution to help us sort out where its called for and where it isn't.

Werbung:
Back