Olympic Notes

Libsmasher

- Michael Phelps now has three golds in swimming - half the total golds for the US. Where the hell is everyone else?

- Every olympics, it seems they come up with a weird version of the Star Spangled Banner, and this year is no exception - it can't be an American who chose the recording. This version is too slow and plodding, and it excludes percussion - absolutely essential for the SSB. Also, the part "and the rockets red glare ..... flag was still there" is played with atonal chords from an orchestra string section - almost making it sound like a self-parody.

- Canada checks in with a whopping zero medals. But just you americans wait, aboot the time they make dogsleds an event, we'll be rakin in th' gold. :)

Werbung:
- Michael Phelps now has three golds in swimming - half the total golds for the US. Where the hell is everyone else?

- Every olympics, it seems they come up with a weird version of the Star Spangled Banner, and this year is no exception - it can't be an American who chose the recording. This version is too slow and plodding, and it excludes percussion - absolutely essential for the SSB. Also, the part "and the rockets red glare ..... flag was still there" is played with atonal chords from an orchestra string section - almost making it sound like a self-parody.

- Canada checks in with a whopping zero medals. But just you americans wait, aboot the time they make dogsleds an event, we'll be rakin in th' gold. :)

LOL I liked that last note. Has canada ever won a gold metal ?

Hey the news just said some swimmer from the middle east refused to swim because there was an a guy from Israel who was competing.

That was sad

I don't know about anyone else but I am sick and tired of hearing about Michael Phelps. It seems he's all Costas and the other announcers talk about. It's gotten to the point where in one of these swimming competitions I wish he'd forget to come up for air.

What are you mercans on about now. In the last olympics Canada got 24 medals and the US got 25. Not bad for a country that has 1/10 the number of people!

I don't know about anyone else but I am sick and tired of hearing about Michael Phelps. It seems he's all Costas and the other announcers talk about. It's gotten to the point where in one of these swimming competitions I wish he'd forget to come up for air.

That's because you hate america, and hate the achievements of its individuals - you only admire statism and government - entirely predictable.

What are you mercans on about now. In the last olympics Canada got 24 medals and the US got 25. Not bad for a country that has 1/10 the number of people!

In the 2004 olympics, the US got 103 and canada 12, the respective golds were 36 US, 3 canada. HAR HA HA HA HA! Yaaaaa - we know you're good at idiot stuff like snow shoe trekking - hell, that's how you get to work, right? :p

Just because you don't like ice cream doesn't mean you can forget about the 2006 olympics libs.

Can you do us another full page of these?: HAR HA HA HA HA! Yaaaaa

Typical neo-con...complain that the Star Spangled banner isn't American enough... insult our closest ally to the north...

Nothing funny about it.

I never knew the name before today. I dont keep up on sports. But if you are tired of it, then I wont ask about sports again

I never knew the name before today. I dont keep up on sports. But if you are tired of it, then I wont ask about sports again

He's wishing death on a member of the American Olympic Team... But what you must remember is that the Left is all flowers and sunshine! The Left really is tolerant of opposing views, patriotic and of course filled with a live and let live mentality.... :)

He's wishing death on a member of the American Olympic Team... But what you must remember is that the Left is all flowers and sunshine! The Left really is tolerant of opposing views, patriotic and of course filled with a live and let live mentality.... :)

live and let live as long as you live the way i tell you too..

that sounds more like what libs think to me

Werbung:
Back