Obamacare Forces Hospitals To Close

GBFan

The fourth Georgia hospital in two years is closing its doors due to severe financial difficulties caused by Obamacare’s payment cuts for emergency services.

The Lower Oconee Community Hospital is, for now, a critical access hospital in southeastern Georgia that holds 25 beds. The hospital is suffering from serious cash-flow problems, largely due to the area’s 23 percent uninsured population, and hopes to reopen as “some kind of urgent care center,” CEO Karen O’Neal said.

Many hospitals in the 25 states that rejected the Medicaid expansion are facing similar financial problems. Liberal administration ally Think Progress has already faulted Georgia for not expanding Medicaid as Obamacare envisioned.

But the reality is more complicated. The federal government has historically made payments to hospitals to cover the cost of uninsured patients seeking free medical care in emergency rooms, as federal law mandates that hospitals must care for all patients regardless of their ability to pay.

Because the Affordable Care Act’s authors believed they’d forced all states to implement the Medicaid expansion, Obamacare vastly cut hospital payments, the Associated Press reports.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/02/18/f...-due-to-obamacare-payment-cuts/#ixzz2tkNMfWl1

Werbung:
Like Republicans care...you deny them coverage, and bitch about Obamacare...then cry for the Uninsured as if you gave 2 shits. Redneck states will suffer because republicans believe in health care Darwinism by $$$
Well, let's see how great the anti-Republican healthcare program is going ....

* before Obamacare, 32 million without coverage .... after Obamacare, 31 million without coverage (expected to increase in October when another 53 million people lose their current healthcare coverage)
* before Obamacare, 62 million on Medicaid ... after Obamacare, 83 million on Medicaid (estimated) causing states to consider dropping Medicaid completely
* before Obamacare, $13,375/family average healthcare premium ... after Obamacare, $17,402/family average healthcare premium
* before Obamacare, $2,178 average deductible ... after Obamacare, $4413 average deductible (yeah, that's more than double)

Yeah, how's that program working for you??? Same number of uncovered, and exponential increases in cost and taxation.

Oh ... by the way ... those 'death panels' are working really well, too.

Well, let's see how great the anti-Republican healthcare program is going ....

* before Obamacare, 32 million without coverage .... after Obamacare, 31 million without coverage (expected to increase in October when another 53 million people lose their current healthcare coverage)
* before Obamacare, 62 million on Medicaid ... after Obamacare, 83 million on Medicaid (estimated) causing states to consider dropping Medicaid completely
* before Obamacare, $13,375/family average healthcare premium ... after Obamacare, $17,402/family average healthcare premium
* before Obamacare, $2,178 average deductible ... after Obamacare, $4413 average deductible (yeah, that's more than double)

Yeah, how's that program working for you??? Same number of uncovered, and exponential increases in cost and taxation.

Oh ... by the way ... those 'death panels' are working really well, too.

Medical costs dropped by 32% and the the total with insurance now is 98% with 72 million covered.

see I can just make shit up as well without sources...

Less people had insurance evry year, you never cared then...More will have it now. suck it up

Medical costs dropped by 32% and the the total with insurance now is 98% with 72 million covered.

see I can just make shit up as well without sources...

Less people had insurance evry year, you never cared then...More will have it now. suck it up

The difference is that my statistics are true. Feel free to select any statistic and prove it wrong.

Oh btw ... let me be absolutely crystal clear. You are exactly correct ... I don't give a damn who has insurance and who doesn't ... THEY are responsible for their lives, not me ...

The difference is that my statistics are true. Feel free to select any statistic and prove it wrong.

Oh btw ... let me be absolutely crystal clear. You are exactly correct ... I don't give a damn who has insurance and who doesn't ... THEY are responsible for their lives, not me ...

Let the poor die, your such a good person. And guess what dumb fuck, those people without insurance...you where paying for them at a much higher costs...but yet you bitch about Obamacare...making people actuly pay for there health care...Those without it...Die, or get covererd..and that bill is passed on to you in higher medical costs or taxes...
But maybe one day you will be lucky and get go piss on the dieing on the street.
if you want to post stats, you should back them up with you know...facts. But i know you just make shit up and steal others work.. to much work to source your data...that or it does not exist.

Let the poor die, your such a good person. And guess what dumb fuck, those people without insurance...you where paying for them at a much higher costs...but yet you bitch about Obamacare...making people actuly pay for there health care...Those without it...Die, or get covererd..and that bill is passed on to you in higher medical costs or taxes...
But maybe one day you will be lucky and get go piss on the dieing on the street.
if you want to post stats, you should back them up with you know...facts. But i know you just make shit up and steal others work.. to much work to source your data...that or it does not exist.

Talk's cheap, my friend ... I challenge you to show me where those statistics are false. You've claimed they are made up ... now, prove it. The hard fact of the matter is ... you don't know ... and you're too damn lazy to look. You're willing to just regurgitate the nonsensical pap fed to you by the left, without spending one iota of intellectual energy to get yourself educated. You willingly sit on the sideline watching the parade go by ..

If I remember right, it wasn't the Right who proposed death panels ... If I remember right, Obamacare has NOT covered an increased number of people ... if I remember right, it WAS Obamacare that is precipitating a shortage of available doctors ... if I remember right, it WAS Obamacare that has already taken health insurance away from 4 million people, and is scheduled to do the same to as many as 53 million more in October ...

I love the kool aid ... don't you guys ever just look at the facts? "making people actuly [sic] pay for there [sic] health care..." Those who didn't pay for healthcare before STILL won't pay for healthcare ... they will be on Medicaid (you and I pay for that), or they will have their premiums subsidized by the federal government (you and I pay for that).

If this is going to save us all money, why have premiums increased in 25 out of the 26 states reporting?

Published 2/25/14 -

Republicans renewed their fight against ObamaCare on Monday in response to a new report in which the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services concludes that 11 million small business employees may see their premiums rise under the law.

The report, released Friday, says the higher rates are partly due to the health law's requirement that premiums can no longer be based on a person's age. That has sent premiums higher for younger workers, and lower for older ones.

The report found that 65 percent of small businesses would see a spike in insurance premiums and about 35 percent of small businesses would see lower rates for plans covering six million people, The Wall Street Journal reported.

The estimate is far from certain, partly because many small businesses renewed their policies in 2013. Renewing before the end of the year allowed them to avoid higher premiums that went into effect Jan. 1, when coverage was required to conform to the law.

Also limiting the certainty of the estimate is the fact that the report looks at three specific provisions of the Affordable Care Act. Employers' decisions will be based on more factors, according to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.

Published 2/25/14 ---

Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius may recently have had her own embarrassing moment akin to President Obama's promise that everyone could keep their health plan and their doctor, no matter what.

Discussing the impact of ObamaCare on jobs, she said last week in Orlando, “There is absolutely no evidence and every economist will tell you this, that there is any job loss related to the Affordable Care Act."

But Sebelius herself, using discretion granted her by the Affordable Care Act, cut the maximum allowed by law from home health care funds. The cuts were deep enough that officials offered a damaging prediction of the impact saying, it was estimated that approximately 40 percent of providers would have negative margins.

And companies with negative margins don't last long -- or have to cut workers.

Dan Weber, head of the Association of Mature American Citizens, says "forty percent will be put into the red and anyone who has a brain in their skull knows that they're going to have to cut jobs and reduce services in order to make up the money."

In fact, those cuts put in jeopardy 498,000 jobs of home health care workers who work just for that 40 percent of firms that will be forced into the red -- the kind of home health workers who allow Yvonne Wightman, 98, to avoid expensive hospital or nursing home stays by getting care at home.

Werbung:
Back