Obama: You'll pay for my mistake!

Little-Acorn

The Obama administration sometimes seems to be the embodiment of those hippies and leftists of the 60s and 70s, to whom no liberal cause was too nutty to support, and no corporation was deserving of anything but vilification and, eventually, destruction.

Sometimes the administration's decisions and pronouncements, produce results that are questionable at best. And the logical extension of them, is just plain funny.

-----------------------------------

http://opinionjournal.com

by James Taranto

Obama: You'll Pay for My Decision!

"The Obama administration's latest anti-BP volley is a call on the oil giant to pay up big time--not just for economic damages from the Gulf spill but also for lost wages of workers idled by the president's drilling moratorium," Politico reports.

This column has no brief for BP, but for the president to demand that the company pick up the tab for his political reaction to the accident takes chutzpah to new heights. Meanwhile reader Alex Ragen writes:

Dumb question: If the appropriate response to BPs' screwing up in the Gulf is a six-month moratorium on offshore drilling, then should not an appropriate response to the government's ongoing overarching incompetence in every area into which it intrudes, be a six-month moratorium on collecting taxes (never mind imposing new ones) until the correct ass to be kicked is identified and the problem solved?

Alex, there are no dumb questions, only dumb politicians.

Werbung:
The Obama administration sometimes seems to be the embodiment of those hippies and leftists of the 60s and 70s, to whom no liberal cause was too nutty to support, and no corporation was deserving of anything but vilification and, eventually, destruction.

Sometimes the administration's decisions and pronouncements, produce results that are questionable at best. And the logical extension of them, is just plain funny.

-----------------------------------

http://opinionjournal.com

by James Taranto

Obama: You'll Pay for My Decision!

"The Obama administration's latest anti-BP volley is a call on the oil giant to pay up big time--not just for economic damages from the Gulf spill but also for lost wages of workers idled by the president's drilling moratorium," Politico reports.

This column has no brief for BP, but for the president to demand that the company pick up the tab for his political reaction to the accident takes chutzpah to new heights.

Notice how this thread went DEAD on it's initial post?

That's because the Right came out firing from the hip and the lip and before they realized it... THEY WERE PUBLICLY AND ON RECORD FOR THE MASS POLLUTER BP AND AGAINST NOT ONLY THE ENVIRONMENT BUT AGAINST ALL THE FISHERMEN & BUSINESSES ON THE GULF COAST!

WOW!!!!!!

Thanks Little Acorn that's so good I'm starting a thread on it... REPUBLICANS KISS BP'S RING.

Notice how this thread went DEAD on it's initial post?

That's because the Right came out firing from the hip and the lip and before they realized it... THEY WERE PUBLICLY AND ON RECORD FOR THE MASS POLLUTER BP AND AGAINST NOT ONLY THE ENVIRONMENT BUT AGAINST ALL THE FISHERMEN & BUSINESSES ON THE GULF COAST!

WOW!!!!!!

Thanks Little Acorn that's so good I'm starting a thread on it... REPUBLICANS KISS BP'S RING.

I notice alot of His, and Gippers threads die that way..with no one even wanting to bother with the thread as its to dumb or easy. lol

Great thread LA and thanks Pops for reviving it.

This Alex dude has it down big time. This is so perfect it is priceless!!!

From LA's most thoughtful post...
Dumb question: If the appropriate response to BPs' screwing up in the Gulf is a six-month moratorium on offshore drilling, then should not an appropriate response to the government's ongoing overarching incompetence in every area into which it intrudes, be a six-month moratorium on collecting taxes (never mind imposing new ones) until the correct ass to be kicked is identified and the problem solved?

Libs never see government incompetence. They are absolutely blind to it. How does that happen?

And, pocketpool your kind words are much appreciated.

Werbung:
I notice alot of His, and Gippers threads die that way..with no one even wanting to bother with the thread as its to dumb or easy. lol

I don't get it... well actually yes I do.

It's nothing new. It's all the Teabaggers have. It's called throw BS on the wall and hope something sticks. The only problem is that when you get caught promoting so many falsehoods reasonable people stop taking you seriously...

Obama's a terrorist

Obama's an illegal alien

Hell... Obama's an alien from another planet... lol

Well maybe they did get that last one right to some extent...
:D

Back