NPR fires Juan Williams for remarks about Muslims

Little-Acorn

Andrew Sullivan comments here that (quote) Williams' statement about fearing Muslims on planes is an example of bigotry. "What if someone said that they saw a black man walking down the street in classic thug get-up," Sullivan wrote. "Would a white person be a bigot [if] he assumed he was going to mug him?' (close quote)

There are degrees of discomfort, of course. I'm white. And if I saw someone like that, I wouldn't assume he was going to mug me. But I'd figure that he was slightly more likely to mug somebody than a wizened little granny (black or white) dressed in Woolworth's clothes, was likely to mug somebody. And I wouldn't be bigoted for thinking that - just aware of facts.

It's Sullivan who's being bigoted here, in fact, assuming that I will think a certain thing based on someone's color and dress.

Hey, Andrew! If you see some buy with a beard and flannel shirt walking down the street with a gun in a holster at his side, will you assume he's going to shoot somebody? Or that we need to make more laws restricting him from carrying that gun?

Juan Williams just got a dose of the intolerance that liberals have for opposing points of view. Has Bill O'Reilly been fired for expressing a similar point of view? No, because O'Reilly works for people who are genuinely TOLERANT. Were Alan Colmes or Ellis Hennican ever kicked out for having diametrically opposite points of view from O'Reilly's? No, for the same reason: The people who invited them in, were TOLERANT.

Welcome to the club, Juan. Bigotry and intolerance, aren't just against skin color.

----------------------------------------------------

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upsho...fires-juan-williams-for-muslim-remarks-on-fox

NPR fires Juan Williams for Muslim remarks on Fox

By Michael Calderone – 2 hrs 1 min ago

NPR terminated the contract of Juan Williams on Wednesday after comments the veteran journalist and news analyst made about Muslims on Fox's "The O'Reilly Factor."

Fox News host Bill O'Reilly stirred up controversy last week on "The View" after making the blanket statement that "Muslims killed us on 9/11," a comment that led to co-hosts Joy Behar and Whoopi Goldberg walking off the set.

On Monday, O'Reilly asked Williams if there is a "Muslim dilemma" in the United States. The NPR analyst and longtime Fox News contributor agreed with O'Reilly that such a thing exists, and added that "political correctness can lead to some kind of paralysis where you don't address reality."

"I mean, look, Bill, I'm not a bigot," Williams continued. "You know the kind of books I've written about the civil rights movement in this country. But when I get on the plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous."

Some commentators and a leading Muslim civil rights organization took issue with Williams' comments.

The Atlantic's Andrew Sullivan wrote Wednesday morning that Williams' statement about fearing Muslims on planes is an example of bigotry. "What if someone said that they saw a black man walking down the street in classic thug get-up," Sullivan wrote. "Would a white person be a bigot [if] he assumed he was going to mug him?'

Werbung:
Little-Acorn, et al,

I have to chuckle at this.

On Monday, O'Reilly asked Williams if there is a "Muslim dilemma" in the United States. The NPR analyst and longtime Fox News contributor agreed with O'Reilly that such a thing exists, and added that "political correctness can lead to some kind of paralysis where you don't address reality."

"I mean, look, Bill, I'm not a bigot," Williams continued. "You know the kind of books I've written about the civil rights movement in this country. But when I get on the plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous."
(COMMENT)

It is a delemma. But now, even more so, because the Media is going to drive the fear underground. The reputation the Muslim has built for themselves, is what it is. When someone ask you to envison a terrorist, truly what image comes to mind? If it is Osama bin Laden like, then you are a bigot? I don't think so!

Most Respectfully,
R

Andrew Sullivan comments here that (quote) Williams' statement about fearing Muslims on planes is an example of bigotry. "What if someone said that they saw a black man walking down the street in classic thug get-up," Sullivan wrote. "Would a white person be a bigot [if] he assumed he was going to mug him?' (close quote)

There are degrees of discomfort, of course. I'm white. And if I saw someone like that, I wouldn't assume he was going to mug me. But I'd figure that he was slightly more likely to mug somebody than a wizened little granny (black or white) dressed in Woolworth's clothes, was likely to mug somebody. And I wouldn't be bigoted for thinking that - just aware of facts.

It's Sullivan who's being bigoted here, in fact, assuming that I will think a certain thing based on someone's color and dress.

Hey, Andrew! If you see some buy with a beard and flannel shirt walking down the street with a gun in a holster at his side, will you assume he's going to shoot somebody? Or that we need to make more laws restricting him from carrying that gun?

Juan Williams just got a dose of the intolerance that liberals have for opposing points of view. Has Bill O'Reilly been fired for expressing a similar point of view? No, because O'Reilly works for people who are genuinely TOLERANT. Were Alan Colmes or Ellis Hennican ever kicked out for having diametrically opposite points of view from O'Reilly's? No, for the same reason: The people who invited them in, were TOLERANT.

Welcome to the club, Juan. Bigotry and intolerance, aren't just against skin color.

----------------------------------------------------

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upsho...fires-juan-williams-for-muslim-remarks-on-fox

NPR fires Juan Williams for Muslim remarks on Fox

By Michael Calderone – 2 hrs 1 min ago

NPR terminated the contract of Juan Williams on Wednesday after comments the veteran journalist and news analyst made about Muslims on Fox's "The O'Reilly Factor."

Fox News host Bill O'Reilly stirred up controversy last week on "The View" after making the blanket statement that "Muslims killed us on 9/11," a comment that led to co-hosts Joy Behar and Whoopi Goldberg walking off the set.

Some commentators and a leading Muslim civil rights organization took issue with Williams' comments.

The Atlantic's Andrew Sullivan wrote Wednesday morning that Williams' statement about fearing Muslims on planes is an example of bigotry. "What if someone said that they saw a black man walking down the street in classic thug get-up," Sullivan wrote. "Would a white person be a bigot [if] he assumed he was going to mug him?'

so now being a Muslim...is the same as dressing like a gang banger...Is that like anyone who dresses up in Christian garb...is a pedophile?

the correct analogy, and I am sure you would not care as it makes NPR's point not yours...is would a white guy walking down the street who was scared of anyone who was black, racist? the correct answer, is yes, yes they are.

No doubt Williams' firing has to do with the communist Soros. He just gave the communist NPR a bunch of cash.

And, look who has come to the defense of freedom of speech...not the libs of course. Conservatives are defending Williams.

Liberalism is a mental disorder and it must be "eliminated"...to use a commie term...

The firing of National Public Radio news analyst Juan Williams for comments made about Muslims, combined with leftwing billionaire George Soros’ recent $1.8 million donation to the organization, have reignited calls to end NPR’s taxpayer subsidies.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2010/10/21/w...-to-end-npr-taxpayer-subsidies/#ixzz130pjReNc

Hey Acorn, don't you know that white Christians are the bane of the world and black, gay, Muslims are the liberal hope? Where the hell have you been?

Little-Acorn, et al,

I have to chuckle at this.

(COMMENT)

It is a delemma. But now, even more so, because the Media is going to drive the fear underground. The reputation the Muslim has built for themselves, is what it is. When someone ask you to envison a terrorist, truly what image comes to mind? If it is Osama bin Laden like, then you are a bigot? I don't think so!

Most Respectfully,
R

The problem with that argument is that the terrorists who attacked us on 9/11/2001 didn't look, or dress like Osama Bin Laden. They were clean cut, well dressed in western atire, and by all appearences, looked like any of a million other passengers who were in the air that day. That said, I think his remark was out of line, but I don't think he should have been canned for it. Surely a public apology should have been sufficient. Whether or not we like what some people say, everyone are entitled to their opinions. Even journalists (in theory). But apparently not any more.

This is the part where the Media is liberal and biased. Remember these?
Harry Reid didnt resign But Trent Lott did

Remember Robert Byrd?
Democrats never forced him to resign

CBS wont fire David Letterman but MSNBC fired IMUS for this

you see how the liberal media is biased?

What does Trent Lott and Harry Reid have to do with whether or not the media has a liberal bias? Byrd is still dead, but you can try to resurrect him, if that makes you feel better.

Because whatever liberals make racist comments nothing gets done to them. But when Republicans make racist comments they get the AXE!

This underscores how PBS generally is out of control - a Pee See forum funded by all tax payerers, which cans anyone not following the leftwing party line. That the federal government should have it's imprimatur on such an organization, ITSELF wildly biased, is unacceptable. Note that I put that in my thread on the agenda of next conservative administration: clean house throughout PBS including NPR.

I think you are being overly sensitive. Williams was axed. Was he not?

Thats because Williams is conservitive. Care explan this one pal?
HBO wont fire Bill Maher

Ex Miami Dolphin Mercury Morris.
And Maybe Howard Cosell was right about him. ""Just look at that little monkey run""

And Theres more! ESPN Fired Rush Limbaugh for this

But FOX TV wont fire Pam Oliver for her comment about white guys when interviewing Minnesota Vikings player in front of Black players back in 1996.
Remember Micheal Richards?

Now how come its funny when Chris Rock does it?

Werbung:
And Remember this Photo?
palincover.jpg

Now what will happen if you put a sexist photo of Michele Obama?

Back