Not all Atheists are Anti-Theist Bigots

GenSeneca

Here in my hometown of Cincinnati Ohio our largest radio station is 700 WLW - "the big one" - and there is a regular caller who's been nicknamed "Scot the Atheist" by the microphone jockeys.

Well, Scot, who got his nickname for being a vocal advocate of Atheism, found out there were no plans to have a nativity scene on fountain square this year and decided to apply for the permit himself to preserve this Cincinnati tradition. So Scot recieved his permit and has hired a company to come out and set up a traditional nativity manger scene complete with Mary, Joeseph, the three wise men, live animals and of course, the baby Jesus.

Atheists with the capacity to appreciate tradition and respect the beliefs of those they disagree with are rarely in the news while their Anti-Theist bigot counterparts are as insulting and abrasive as they can possibly be in order to draw attention to themselves and their hatefilled philosophy, so my hats off to Scot.

The lesson here is that not all Atheists are Anti-Theist bigots.

Werbung:
Here in my hometown of Cincinnati Ohio our largest radio station is 700 WLW - "the big one" - and there is a regular caller who's been nicknamed "Scot the Atheist" by the microphone jockeys.

Well, Scot, who got his nickname for being a vocal advocate of Atheism, found out there were no plans to have a nativity scene on fountain square this year and decided to apply for the permit himself to preserve this Cincinnati tradition. So Scot recieved his permit and has hired a company to come out and set up a traditional nativity manger scene complete with Mary, Joeseph, the three wise men, live animals and of course, the baby Jesus.

Atheists with the capacity to appreciate tradition and respect the beliefs of those they disagree with are rarely in the news while their Anti-Theist bigot counterparts are as insulting and abrasive as they can possibly be in order to draw attention to themselves and their hatefilled philosophy, so my hats off to Scot.

Wow

Scott sounds like a really nice guy. I personally dont like christmas and only deal with it because my daughter wants to do it, but I find it sad every year when crazed nuts try to stop this long held tradition. I dont have to like it or be a part of it but Its just so wrong to try and ruin it for all those who do enjoy it and look forward to it.

Yes, it is true that not all of them are anti-theists. It would be nice if so many around here would stop making stereotypical generalizations about Atheists, Christians, etc.

Thank you for being the voice of reason again.

Werbung:

Though I kind of doubt he was doing this because he appreciates tradition and respects the beliefs of those who disagree with him. After all this is a quote from Scot:

"Reminder that our meetup will be tonight at Joseph Beth in Hyde Park at 7:00. If anyone out there stole the baby Jesus from the Cheviot nativity scene, please bring it with you. I always enjoy a good pinata this time of year. JK.
God Less you all and Merry Chrismas!

ScoT"

Back