1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

North Korea to de-nuke

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by mamab, Feb 13, 2007.

1. mamab

mamab New Member

According to what I've seen on tv, North Korea has agreed to a plan to denuclearize. Do you think they'll actually go through with it? Or do you think it's just a ruse?

2. framed

framed New Member

They did it before under Clinton back before we broke off direct ties. They'll probably do it again, for awhile. Ultimately they have a strong driver to have nukes just like every country with enemies. We'll likely have to continue buying them off if we want them to continue to not developing them.

3. tater03

tater03 New Member

I agree with you that we will have to keep giving them something so that they stick to any agreement that they sign. I guess we will see if they stick to it.

4. mtatum4496

mtatum4496 New Member

I will believe it when it is a done deal. Based on the past, I simply am leery that they will follow through, although I have no doubt they will begin the process. They have gotten that far before, and then circumstances have come along that they felt were reason enough to reverse the decision.

5. FourBear

FourBear New Member

I think that they are doing it only to appease everyone. After a certain period of time, I'm willing to be that they'll go back to nuke development.

6. tater03

tater03 New Member

I heard last night that they basically agreed to do the same thing that two other presidents in the past had put on the table. Wonder what made them accept it this time? Not that I think that they will abide by anything that they sign.

7. FourBear

FourBear New Member

What did they agree to, exactly? Other than de-nuking, I mean. Is the offer really the same?

8. Andy D

Andy D New Member

We will know really quick if they plan to de-nuke or not. The deal includes full access for UN inspections. I hope for the best, but don’t hold my breath either.

9. mamab

mamab New Member

I'm wondering if they do allow full UN inspections, are they going to hide their projects like Iran did?

10. Andy D

Andy D New Member

I would expect them to. I am not really thrilled about this development, but I still hope it works.