No Whining From The Right Wing?

Old_Trapper70

We certainly heard enough of it during the Obama years.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/secret-service-asked-for-60-million-extra-for-trump-era-travel-and-protection-documents-show/2017/03/22/0967e7b6-0a85-11e7-a15f-a58d4a988474_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_trumpcost-1115a:homepage/story&utm_term=.f1d6fceb04eb#comments

Several points in the article stood out to me demonstrating the hypocrisy of the right wing. One point was this part:

"Before taking office, Trump repeatedly criticized the cost of President Barack Obama’s travel, saying the fact that Obama’s trips were “costing taxpayers millions of dollars” was “unbelievable.” During the campaign, Trump pledged to save public money by working diligently in Washington and skipping out on expensive travel.

“There’s no time for vacation. We’re not going to be big on vacations,” Trump said at a campaign rally last year. “The White House is this incredible place. It represents so much, and you’re there for a limited period of time. If you’re at the White House and you have so much work to do, why do you fly? Why do you leave so much?”

The conservative group Judicial Watch, which closely tracked Obama’s family travel, estimated the Obamas’ vacation expenses totaled nearly $97 million over eight years."

The there was this:

"Nearly half of the additional money, $26.8 million, would pay to protect President Trump’s family and private home in New York’s Trump Tower, the documents show, while $33 million would be spent on travel costs incurred by “the president, vice president and other visiting heads of state.”

The documents, part of the Secret Service’s request for the fiscal 2018 budget, reflect the costly surprise facing Secret Service agents tasked with guarding the president’s large and far-flung family, accommodating their ambitious travel schedules and fortifying the three-floor Manhattan penthouse where first lady Melania Trump and son Barron live."

So, the White House is not that special after all, not for doing government business at, or living in.

And why are they being protected to do private business deals for the Trump conglomerate?

"Trump has spent most of his weekends since the inauguration at his Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida, and his sons have traveled the world to promote Trump properties with Secret Service agents in tow.

Last edited:
Werbung:
and his sons have traveled the world to promote Trump properties with Secret Service agents in tow.
guarding the president’s large and far-flung family, accommodating their ambitious travel schedules and fortifying the three-floor Manhattan penthouse where first lady Melania Trump and son Barron live."

I've parsed the hyperbole .... regarding the remainder where's the problem with that? Isn't that the job of the Secret Service to protect the president and his family?

I've parsed the hyperbole .... regarding the remainder where's the problem with that? Isn't that the job of the Secret Service to protect the president and his family?

Isn't budget a problem. . .a serious problem?
The secret service is stretch to the limit. Watching over this crazy family's wishes and vacation trips all over the world is NOT what is intended. . .they brag about being billionaires. . .let them pay for their own security when they are outside the reasonable perimeter of Washington!

let them pay for their own security when they are outside the reasonable perimeter of Washington!
That's not how it works. The Secret Service is tasked by Government to protect the President and his family the Secret Service cannot choose if, where or when they decide to do that - it is an absolute.
The fact that Trump is a billionaire is not something that the Secret Service cannot factor into its mandate.

That's not how it works. The Secret Service is tasked by Government to protect the President and his family the Secret Service cannot choose if, where or when they decide to do that - it is an absolute.
The fact that Trump is a billionaire is not something that the Secret Service cannot factor into its mandate.

I understand that. . .but it is not sustainable with a family like Trump's. In fact, the Secret services already requested a $60 millions increase in their budget, and it was refused! So now they have to find the money elsewhere. . .including cutting a lot of the other programs they supervise!

All you have done is eliminated the topic. Where is the responsibility of Trump to try to limit the obligation of the taxpayer as he "promised" he would do? And why should the SS provide protection for the Trumps when they are profiting from promoting the family business? Should Trump be required to pay back the taxpayer for this security?

This slavish attitude towards the Trumps is amazing.

And why should the SS provide protection for the Trumps when they are profiting from promoting the family business? Should Trump be required to pay back the taxpayer for this security?
I guess until congress and the senate pass a bill stating that Presidential Security is now a matter for the private sector then its all a none issue. Just because Trump is not popular does that mean that the Secret Service can walk off the job? Why not pull the security detail on Obama - he's got money he can pay for his own security detail and he ain't president anymore, same for clinton, bush and all the other past hombres.

As much as the guy is a total bozo he has been ELECTED as such he gets protected. He is the commander in chief of the US and as such is a target for every whackjob in the world with a gripe and like him or not if he's assassinated then wars get fought! SO I would rather have the guy alive and protected than have wars being fought over this fucking moron and his poxy family.

Last edited:
I guess until congress and the senate pass a bill stating that Presidential Security is now a matter for the private sector then its all a none issue. Just because Trump is not popular does that mean that the Secret Service can walk off the job? Why not pull the security detail on Obama - he's got money he can pay for his own security detail and he ain't president anymore, same for clinton, bush and all the other past hombres.

As much as the guy is a total bozo he has been ELECTED as such he gets protected. He is the commander in chief of the US and as such is a target for every whackjob in the world with a gripe and like him or not if he's assinated then wars get fought! SO I would rather have the guy alive and protected then have wars being fought over this fucking moron and his poxy family.

Again you are missing the point. WHY SHOULD THE CHILDREN BE PROTECTED WHEN THEY ARE ENGAGED IN PRIVATE BUSINESS AFFAIRS THAT WILL PROFIT TRUMP ENTERPRISES?

Seems like a lot of money to me.. with as much hate as there is for Trump, we should burn him at the stake and charge admission , better yet we will do the whole family one at a time.. more revenue..

Werbung:
If you don't do what I tell you do do I will kill them. That's why.

Then they should not be allowed to travel at taxpayer expense to promote their private business. When Hillary used taxpayer funds to travel to promote her campaign for Senator the right wing had a fit, and she had to pay back the expenses. Same should apply here.

Back