NHS Horror Story

Werbung:
Companies should offer decent health care benefits to their employees. They used to do that so we need to figure out why it changed and how we can make it feasible for them to offer it again. More people would be insured instead of draining other peoples' tax money. You think?

Companies should offer decent health care benefits to their employees. They used to do that so we need to figure out why it changed and how we can make it feasible for them to offer it again. More people would be insured instead of draining other peoples' tax money. You think?

The third party payer is one of the roots of the current system's problems. The practice of employers offering insurance to employees was an artifact of WWII, and like many new things like that that were supposed to be only temporary during the war (eg paycheck deductions) it just never went away. This system causes people to not shop around for medical services or question the need for expensive tests, etc, and people lose their coverage if they lose their job, or are self employed.

Simple they cant pay for it anymore ( well they could gut CEO pay and all that, but they would never do that and make them earn a honest wage) and in evry other nation they would not have to pay for it and they compeat with those companies.

Simple they cant pay for it anymore ( well they could gut CEO pay and all that, but they would never do that and make them earn a honest wage) and in evry other nation they would not have to pay for it and they compeat with those companies.

sign-smiley-7004.gif
I wish the Earth was a Disc Drive. It could be reformatted and we could give it a new operating system that was more user friendly.

Just a though but what is the point of this - most people on this board have no idea what the National Health Service is all about let alone any personal experience of it! Have you?

My local hospital is an NHS Trust Hospital, the Medway Maritme Hospital can you tell me any horror stories about this one?

We read "horror" stories of US hospitals and the dysfunctional state of your health system, indeed recently was'nt it Oregon who found some money behind the sofa and held a lottery for the 160,000 citizens who had no heathcare? Instead of doing the usual slamming garbage all the time try be constructive; make a positive contribution. Its easy to sit in front of your keyboard all the time and rattle off doom and gloom, okay so some hospitals get it wrong sometimes BUT 99% of the time they get it right! But we're not interesed in good news........

Okay so the UK health system sucks....over to you Masher - how do you think it can be made better?

Just a though but what is the point of this - most people on this board have no idea what the National Health Service is all about let alone any personal experience of it! Have you?

You may not be aware that the NHS is practically the poster child of those in the US opposing socialized medicine. :rolleyes: And personal experience with it is something most of us would prefer to avoid.

My local hospital is an NHS Trust Hospital, the Medway Maritme Hospital can you tell me any horror stories about this one?

How about this?

http://onthefencefilms.com/blog/index.php?m=200603

'Bored' Gynaecologist Blasts NHS

A gynaecologist at a Kent hospital has said he is being left to "twiddle his thumbs" and do crosswords because his hospital cannot afford more surgery.

David Penman claims non-urgent surgery is being postponed at the Medway Maritime Hospital because there is not enough money for this financial year.

[...]

But Mr Penman said appointments had been shunted into the next financial year, by as much as 20 weeks in some cases, in order to reduce the overspend, while doctors, nurses and theatre teams were standing around doing nothing.

He said: "What do you do while you wait for the next person to turn up when there should be three in the gap between two patients? Sit and read the paper, drink coffee - while we're paid, when we could be seeing patients.

We read "horror" stories of US hospitals and the dysfunctional state of your health system, indeed recently was'nt it Oregon who found some money behind the sofa and held a lottery for the 160,000 citizens who had no heathcare?

In the US, people are responsible for arranging their own health care. Poor people are eligble for a government program called Medicaid. I have no idea what your alleged story is about. If the UK had socialized food and doled it out to everyone, I'm sure you'd be surprised about a system where everyone is supposed to arrange his own food.

Instead of doing the usual slamming garbage all the time try be constructive; make a positive contribution.

What do you mean by that? Isn't exposing the deficiencies of a system positive?

Its easy to sit in front of your keyboard all the time and rattle off doom and gloom, okay so some hospitals get it wrong sometimes BUT 99% of the time they get it right! But we're not interesed in good news........

Okay so the UK health system sucks....over to you Masher - how do you think it can be made better?

Here's my ideas:

1. Prima facie, everyone is responsible for their own health care.

2. In the US, the price of medicine is high, and one reason is the FDA, a lethargic bureaucracy that takes up to 15 years to approve a drug - this should be fixed.

3. In the US, most insurance is through employers - this causes a demand pull for medical services and inflation in prices - it should be outlawed.

4. Insurers and service providers should be required by law to keep their administrative costs down.

5. In the US, medical care for illegal aliens should be allowed for emergencies only.

6. The percentage of insurance coverage should be reduced for people with dangerous lifestyles: smokers, the obese, the unnecessarily sedentary.

7. Insurance coverage for pregnancy and other voluntary conditions should be prohibited by law.

8. In the US, the tort law system, the system that makes blood-suckers like John Edwards wealthy, should be reigned in.

I can think of LOTS of things - if I were medical czar, things would change for the better overnight.

You may not be aware that the NHS is practically the poster child of those in the US opposing socialized medicine. :rolleyes: And personal experience with it is something most of us would prefer to avoid.
.....yeah I can understand that ;)

Here's my ideas:

2. In the US, the price of medicine is high, and one reason is the FDA, a lethargic bureaucracy that takes up to 15 years to approve a drug - this should be fixed.

3. In the US, most insurance is through employers - this causes a demand pull for medical services and inflation in prices - it should be outlawed.

4. Insurers and service providers should be required by law to keep their administrative costs down.

5. In the US, medical care for illegal aliens should be allowed for emergencies only.

6. The percentage of insurance coverage should be reduced for people with dangerous lifestyles: smokers, the obese, the unnecessarily sedentary.

7. Insurance coverage for pregnancy and other voluntary conditions should be prohibited by law.

8. In the US, the tort law system, the system that makes blood-suckers like John Edwards wealthy, should be reigned in.

I can think of LOTS of things - if I were medical czar, things would change for the better overnight.

well old boy..... you'd make a reasonable kraut ;)

How about this?

http://onthefencefilms.com/blog/index.php?m=200603

In the US, people are responsible for arranging their own health care. Poor people are eligble for a government program called Medicaid. I have no idea what your alleged story is about. If the UK had socialized food and doled it out to everyone, I'm sure you'd be surprised about a system where everyone is supposed to arrange his own food.

What do you mean by that? Isn't exposing the deficiencies of a system positive?

Here's my ideas:

2. How fast they put them out is in large part due to how safe, and how well the research is done ( and lack of funding for FDA) I would rather be slow then flood the market with unsafe meds.

3. So you want the government to ban Health care for workers buy employers...Smells like government restricting the free market to me and punishing companies for offering a benefit of Bulk purchase rates to its workers.

4. Please tell me how you enforce telling private companies keeping there admin cost down. Government going to tell them how to buy supplies, and all that? And if the pay some secretary to much fine them?

5. How about a 4 year old kid who had no choice to be there, should the kid suffer because its parents broke the law? That's not American to me, to punish a child for parents crimes.

6. So you are going to force Fat people, smokers, and people who don't do much to not have coverage? Whats sounds very Nazi to me? So now Government is telling you how much pizza you can eat, and all that, under threat?

7. So Punish Mothers, very nice. Dad can go bang 20 chicks, but if something happens, Punish the woman. Try make sure the kid is born to a mother who can't pay the bills anymore...Also I can only guess the spike in abortion would be huge...well played.

8.IE if your Dr. Screws up, he should not have to pay. If your insurance does not cover something it legal should, it should not be punished.

I don't know how you did it, but you took the worst parts of the Free Market, and the Worst parts Of Government sticking its nose where it has no business...and called it a good idea. If you got one vote from one person in the house , Senate, or even one person in state government I would be shocked.

Werbung:
Back