Nazis live in Minnesota?

I was referring to steve's comment.

So, Jews should just "get over" the worst genocide in recorded history?

Obviously you don't know anyone affected by the Holocaust or WWII for that matter.

Steve's comment was in agreement with one of my comments.

As for WWII don't pretend for a second that you have some special insight into it. I, like most Americans, have relatives who fought. And my WWII veteran relatives, like most Americans WWII vet relatives, are dead now. People who were interned and survived, are dead now.

I'm not suggesting the Jews, or anyone else, forget the Holocaust but it is time to move on. The Nazi leadership and the architects of the Final Solution were adults in the 1920's and 1930's...they're dead now. As far as I know it's not the Jews in this case who found this guy anyway, it was some British guy.

What everyone does need to get over is the idea that almost 70 years after the fact prosecuting some Ukrainian who was most likely conscripted into the SS who then participated in the same sorts of actions that the Heer and the Red Army participated in is somehow equivalent to catching Adolf Eichmann. This guy was a soldier, he was not a KZ guard or an einsatzgruppen trooper.

And, I would be willing to bet that there are far more Jews in my area than in yours, Texas Tea. When I was younger I did know people with tattoos on their wrists, you know where they are now? They're all dead now.

Almost everyone associated with that time period is gone, the Nazi hunting days are over. Don't forget but by all means, get over it.

Werbung:
Steve's comment was in agreement with one of my comments.

As for WWII don't pretend for a second that you have some special insight into it. I, like most Americans, have relatives who fought. And my WWII veteran relatives, like most Americans WWII vet relatives, are dead now. People who were interned and survived, are dead now.

I'm not suggesting the Jews, or anyone else, forget the Holocaust but it is time to move on. The Nazi leadership and the architects of the Final Solution were adults in the 1920's and 1930's...they're dead now. As far as I know it's not the Jews in this case who found this guy anyway, it was some British guy.

What everyone does need to get over is the idea that almost 70 years after the fact prosecuting some Ukrainian who was most likely conscripted into the SS who then participated in the same sorts of actions that the Heer and the Red Army participated in is somehow equivalent to catching Adolf Eichmann. This guy was a soldier, he was not a KZ guard or an einsatzgruppen trooper.

And, I would be willing to bet that there are far more Jews in my area than in yours, Texas Tea. When I was younger I did know people with tattoos on their wrists, you know where they are now? They're all dead now.

Almost everyone associated with that time period is gone, the Nazi hunting days are over. Don't forget but by all means, get over it.
You are clearly advocating statue of limitations for mass murderers and war criminals. In the 1940's you would have been known as a sympathizer.

'Though records do not show that Karkoc had a direct hand in war crimes, statements from men in his unit and other documentation confirm the Ukrainian company he commanded massacred civilians, and suggest that Karkoc was at the scene of these atrocities as the company leader."

This man does not exactly sound like an unfortunate soldier forced into duty.

You are clearly advocating statue of limitations for mass murderers and war criminals. In the 1940's you would have been known as a sympathizer.

'Though records do not show that Karkoc had a direct hand in war crimes, statements from men in his unit and other documentation confirm the Ukrainian company he commanded massacred civilians, and suggest that Karkoc was at the scene of these atrocities as the company leader."

This man does not exactly sound like an unfortunate soldier forced into duty.

If someone by some miracle finds Martin Bormann alive today, I say send him to Germany or Israel and put him on trial. I don't think an SS military unit practicing a scorched earth policy on the Eastern Front is any different than the Heer or the Red Army doing the same thing...or for that matter Sherman, with the full knowledge and consent of Grant, doing the same damn thing during the American Civil War.

excerpt from your quote: "..records do not show that Karkoc had a direct hand in war crimes.."

Are you bored? Do you just want to argue? I already said that given the beliefs you've expressed your opinion is consistent. Why do you have such a bug up your butt about this?

If someone by some miracle finds Martin Bormann alive today, I say send him to Germany or Israel and put him on trial. I don't think an SS military unit practicing a scorched earth policy on the Eastern Front is any different than the Heer or the Red Army doing the same thing...or for that matter Sherman, with the full knowledge and consent of Grant, doing the same damn thing during the American Civil War.

excerpt from your quote: "..records do not show that Karkoc had a direct hand in war crimes.."

Are you bored? Do you just want to argue? I already said that given the beliefs you've expressed your opinion is consistent. Why do you have such a bug up your butt about this?
No bugs here ....

Just simple common sense, rational thinking and not accepting a statue of limitation for murderers and war criminals!

There clearly is enough evidence to put this man on trial .... simple as that!

No bugs here ....

Just simple common sense, rational thinking and not accepting a statue of limitation for murderers and war criminals!

There clearly is enough evidence to put this man on trial .... simple as that!

The evidence I've seen posted in this thread was secondhand information. The official records show only that the man was part of an SS military unit. You call it common sense, I call it a rush to judgment. We disagree on what constitutes a war crime so I really don't see how we have anything more to discuss here barring the introduction of some new piece of information.

The evidence I've seen posted in this thread was secondhand information. The official records show only that the man was part of an SS military unit. You call it common sense, I call it a rush to judgment. We disagree on what constitutes a war crime so I really don't see how we have anything more to discuss here barring the introduction of some new piece of information.
We disagree on your Nazi sympathizing .....

What is wrong with this man standing trail for his alleged war crimes ....

We disagree on your Nazi sympathizing .....

What is wrong with this man standing trail for his alleged war crimes ....

In this thread you've more than once erroneously stated that I am in favor of a statute of limitations for murder and war crimes. Stop it. I've never said that and you know it. If I had you would have put up the quote by now.

And...the Nazi sympathizer comment was pathetic and that ends my interaction with you on this forum unless I get one hell of an apology. Laugh all you want but we're done until you do, which is probably what you've been angling for considering what I did to you in the Valedictorian thread.

Historians agree that his units have not committed significant war crimes and it may be a mistake to treat him as a war criminal. At the time of the Nuremberg Trials, around 5,000 German officers were executed but most former German soldiers were not prosecuted. Moreover, this guy is a Ukrainian and he had to cooperate with Nazi Germany once his country was occupied and he had no other choice.

Although the Galizien Division has not been found guilty of any war crimes by any war tribunal or commission, numerous unproven accusations of impropriety have been levelled at the division and at particular members of the division from a variety of sources. It is difficult to determine the extent of war criminality among members of the division.[39] If prior service in Nazi police units is a measure of criminality, only a small number were recruited from established police detachments. Among those who had transferred from police detachments, some had been members of a coastal defence unit that had been stationed in France, while others came from two police battalions that had been formed in the spring of 1943, too late to have participated in the murder of Ukraine's Jews. According to Howard Margolian there is no evidence that these units participated in anti-partisan operations or reprisals prior to their inclusion into the division. However, a number of recruits, prior to their service within the police battalions are alleged to have been in Ukrainian irregular formations that are alleged to have committed atrocities against Jews and Communists. However, both the Canadian government and the Canadian Jewish Congress in their investigations of the division failed to find hard evidence to support the notion that it was rife with criminal elements.[39] It has been claimed that the division destroyed several Polish communities in western Ukraine during the winter and spring of 1944.[40] Specifically, the 4th and 5th SS Police Regiments have been accused of murdering Polish civilians in the course of anti-guerilla activity. At the time of their actions, these units were not under Divisional command but under separate German police command.[41] Yale historian Timothy Snyder concluded that the division's role in the ethnic cleansing of Poles from western Ukraine was marginal.[40]

Years ago I met a German woman whose father was in the military during WWII. He was forced into the army. She and her family didn't see or hear from him for years, and they almost starved to death during that war.

And this is what FDR Caused
great-depression-lessons.png.492x0_q85_crop-smart.jpg
hqdefault.jpg
03054u_preview.jpg
The-Great-Depression-e1323719748204.jpg

Werbung:
Back