NATO is in trouble.

PLC1

Staff member
Putin is watching happily from the sidelines as NATO tears itself apart
Russian President Vladimir Putin seemingly cannot believe his luck as he watches NATO cause near irreparable harm to itself from the sidelines.

At the heart of NATO's declining stature is the candidacy of Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump and the failed coup in Turkey. Trump suggested recently that he would not necessarily extendthe security guarantee inherent in NATO's Article 5 to all 28 members of the alliance. Given a hypothetical of Russia attacking a Baltic State, Trump said that he would provide aid contingent upon whether the state had "fulfilled their obligations to us."

The failed coup in Turkey has also deeply shaken the military alliance. Turkey has the second-largest military in NATO and provides vital security to the alliance's eastern and southern flanks. However, since the failed putsch, Turkey is rapidly moving away from NATO, the US, and the West as a whole.

Not to mention that Turkey is a base from which we're fighting ISIS.

Werbung:
Dogtower says or ask "We'really fighting ISIS?"
In reality the fight against ISIS is almost over. What will we do then? Russia has a plan . Does NATO?

Dogtower says or ask "We'really fighting ISIS?"
In reality the fight against ISIS is almost over. What will we do then? Russia has a plan . Does NATO?
Almost over ? Really? In Europe alone there us an ISIS atrack every 84 hours. I'd reconsider just how dead it is.

We'really fighting ISIS ?
So I' ve heard.

B 52 bomber sent to bomb ISIS in Iraq and Syria:

31DED78600000578-3477636-image-m-2_1457143309275.jpg

And it's open arms for its members to enter this country illegally.
One step forward two steps back.
Sure. Obama is rounding up ISIS members in much the same way he was rounding up people infected with Ebola during that crisis and bringing them to the USA.

He doesnt have to round them up, they are happy to come on their own dime.

You people are so full of shit I bet you have fleas. Terrorists have been here since the Reagan era, and Bush let even more come in through the Southern border. As to fighting terrorism, we are spending far more fighting ISIS then Bush spent on his phony "war".

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/01/u...st-isis-with-attacks-in-afghanistan.html?_r=0

BTW, when do you suppose the Republicans will give him the authority to do so?

yes we are fighting IS in the Middle East but that fight is nearly over. W will have new enemies there soon. In Europe and the USA we will have more terrorists. After all that is the price Britain, France and the USA pays for interfering in the Middle East.
I understand he Republican Trump plans to give Crimea to Russia.

yes we are fighting IS in the Middle East but that fight is nearly over. W will have new enemies there soon. In Europe and the USA we will have more terrorists. After all that is the price Britain, France and the USA pays for interfering in the Middle East.
I understand he Republican Trump plans to give Crimea to Russia.

ISIS is now in 17 different countries, and still expanding while it loses ground in the ME. They will be a threat for a long, long, time.

Anyone who argues that Trump's candidacy is at the "heart of .. declining stature" doesn't know a damn thing about NATO.

At most Trump is just repeating (simplistically) debates that have been going on for over a decade about the role of NATO in the world today.

Almost over ? Really? In Europe alone there us an ISIS atrack every 84 hours. I'd reconsider just how dead it is.
I agree - there are attacks happening left, right and center.
Europe is having a major issue with ISIS in the form of refugees.
The war on ISIS is far from over.

Werbung:
Back