NASA: six decades of a warming earth

Werbung:
oh Phoey! Were having the worst winter in the last 50 years!
When are you guys going to understand what global average temperature means? It does not mean temperature at a particular place and time. Statistics are an average over the whole earth for a full year; not just one season and one country. Where do you think the cold air in the US is coming from? From the arctic. That means the arctic is warming up since the thermal energy is being dispersed south. Only when you average the temperatures of the arctic along with Australia, etc, for a full year do you get picture of global trends.

All these liberals are doing is robbing your wallets. Like look at Maryland for example. You know what VEIP is? Click here http://www.mde.state.md.us/programs...leEmissionsInspectionProgram/Pages/index.aspx
That's how the government robs your wallet. Heres another way theyre robbing you.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/04/10/Maryland-governor-taxes-rain

You see its Black people who don't have a brain. Black people will vote Democrat no matter what. Black people don't listen to the issues your candidate says. That's how Obama became president. Black people have no desire to hold down a job. They want free housing,Free heating oil,Free clothing, Food stamps and welfare. Heres an good example how Baltimore residents live
OB7_-e2OBVo.jpg

Gws1NNwOsMU.jpg

baltimore-slums-callie-neylan.jpg

See they don't want to better themselves. In fact I watched an political movie last night. Its called "Broken City" Its about an NY Mayor who wants to tear down poor neighborhoods and build more attractive luxury buildings for rich people to move into

If Russell Crowe runs for Mayor ID VOTE FOR HIM! He would set Baltimore straight!

I think you'll have to admit that a 60 year trend is statistically insignificant when considered relative to the existence of climate.

Its all a bunch of B.S Theres not a damn thing wrong with the planet,
You are right. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the planet. It may become very hostile to humans and perhaps almost uninhabitable to us, but that is our weakness. No matter what we do, in the end the earth may just shake us off like fleas. There is nothing wrong with that from the perspective of the planet.

I think you'll have to admit that a 60 year trend is statistically insignificant when considered relative to the existence of climate.
The problem is not so much the trend of the past 60 years. It's the extrapolation to the next 60 years and beyond that is the real problem.

The problem is not so much the trend of the past 60 years. It's the extrapolation to the next 60 years and beyond that is the real problem.

Does that mean you agree that we are "guessing" what's going to happen? Do you further agree that this 'scientific estimation' only projects current short-term trends, and fails to recognize the overall climate change trending of the past 1,000 years?

Are you willing to risk almost certain economic devastation in order to avoid 'potential' ecological impacts?

Does that mean you agree that we are "guessing" what's going to happen? Do you further agree that this 'scientific estimation' only projects current short-term trends, and fails to recognize the overall climate change trending of the past 1,000 years?

Are you willing to risk almost certain economic devastation in order to avoid 'potential' ecological impacts?
I don't guess about things like that. Look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming for information. I take it you think the trend will reverse in a few years? If so, why would you think that?

I don't guess about things like that. Look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming for information. I take it you think the trend will reverse in a few years? If so, why would you think that?
Nope - I don't think that at all .... in fact, I expect that the trend will continue. It is scientifically inconceivable that we would just happen to be at the end of a climate cycle just when we discovered the cycle exists (a cycle that our finest scientists have been able to narrow down to somewhere between 300 - 700 years in length).

But, I will repeat that basing an observation on 60 years of data, and then trying to project it out, is statistically insignificant. I do not consider that to be a valid scientific hypothesis. I maintain that we have insufficient data to predict, and thus, we have insufficient data to formulate a plan of action, particularly given 1) the potential economically disastrous potential, and 2) the ridiculous politically correct solution.

Nope - I don't think that at all .... in fact, I expect that the trend will continue. It is scientifically inconceivable that we would just happen to be at the end of a climate cycle just when we discovered the cycle exists (a cycle that our finest scientists have been able to narrow down to somewhere between 300 - 700 years in length).

But, I will repeat that basing an observation on 60 years of data, and then trying to project it out, is statistically insignificant. I do not consider that to be a valid scientific hypothesis. I maintain that we have insufficient data to predict, and thus, we have insufficient data to formulate a plan of action, particularly given 1) the potential economically disastrous potential, and 2) the ridiculous politically correct solution.
It sounds like you are one of those anti-science types who embraces truthiness. (Many conservatives don't know what that word means. If you don't, look it up.) That being the case, there is not much point in arguing about it.

It sounds like you are one of those anti-science types who embraces truthiness. (Many conservatives don't know what that word means. If you don't, look it up.) That being the case, there is not much point in arguing about it.

LOL ---- is this a new rule? When somebody makes a comment, you simply quit discussing the issue?

Anti-science? Hardly. As the former owner/chief engineer of a company that built satellites, I suspect you could call me a scientist - however, in reality, my expertise was space communications engineering and test.

Werbung:
LOL ---- is this a new rule? When somebody makes a comment, you simply quit discussing the issue?

Anti-science? Hardly. As the former owner/chief engineer of a company that built satellites, I suspect you could call me a scientist - however, in reality, my expertise was space communications engineering and test.
What an absurd over-generalization, “when somebody makes a comment.” It would have been much more logical for you to have said “when somebody makes that particular comment.” Obviously I didn't simply quit discussing the issue, I'm waiting for you to come up with a more cogent argument.

When you cavalierly dismiss and mock a large body of research with your gut feel, I stand by my assessment that you embrace truthiness, whether you want to be called a scientist or not.

Back