My thought for the day:

Think of it as a summerization.
My guess is its somehow tied to fed funds associated with the promise program but that seems to be more directed toward as schools and social services as opposed to police. The idea is to keep kids out of the criminal justice mess by having other areas manage the thugs. But if a kid wrongs someone it's that someone who has to press charges.
One of the program's participants, Juvenile Court judge Elijah Williams, speaking at a 2013 signing ceremony for PROMISE, made it clear it was all about the stats:

"We already bought the ticket. We are waiting for our numbers to come in. We know we have hit the jackpot when our school related arrests go down, down down"

https://www.americanthinker.com/blo...arrested_and_unable_to_purchase_firearms.html

Those participating in this program knew exactly what it was about. Stop arresting criminals and win the federal lottery.

Werbung:
You would have to read the article first.

See:

"willful ignorance"
No, you need to quote the part that makes you think it's credible, and that makes you think it says what you want it to say.
Want me to "prove" that the world is flat? I can cite articles equally as credible as the American Thinker.

No, you need to quote the part that makes you think it's credible, and that makes you think it says what you want it to say.
Want me to "prove" that the world is flat? I can cite articles equally as credible as the American Thinker.
I'm not interested in wasting my time.

You will not read the article regardless of how many times I post it.

The American Thinker sources articles from CBS-Miami, the sun-sentinel, and broward county preventions website and others.

You choose to remain willfully ignorant on this topic.

Only you can inform yourself.

But, again ... we know you will not do that.

One cannot be informed and liberal at the same time.

I'm not interested in wasting my time.

You will not read the article regardless of how many times I post it.

The American Thinker sources articles from CBS-Miami, the sun-sentinel, and broward county preventions website and others.

You choose to remain willfully ignorant on this topic.

Only you can inform yourself.

But, again ... we know you will not do that.

One cannot be informed and liberal at the same time.
"informed" is not what you get by reading the American Thinker uncritically. Let's see... where in that article does it show that the theme of "Cruz wasn't arrested because of the Promise Program" being supported? Is it:

PROMISE (Preventing Recidivism through Opportunities, Mentoring, Interventions, Support, and Education).

Recidivism? How does that apply to Cruz?
Is it this:

The February 14 Parkland school shooting is shedding light on PROMISE, and now some officials in Broward are speaking out about the school district's push to keep police out of the loop when crimes occur in schools.

Did Cruz's crimes occur in school?

If he really put a gun to someone's head at school and wasn't arrested, then that might actually support your argument.

You do realize that the article you're touting is really just an editorial, don't you? There is a difference between reporting facts and writing editorials.

"informed" is not what you get by reading the American Thinker uncritically. Let's see... where in that article does it show that the theme of "Cruz wasn't arrested because of the Promise Program" being supported? Is it:

Recidivism? How does that apply to Cruz?
Is it this:

Did Cruz's crimes occur in school?

If he really put a gun to someone's head at school and wasn't arrested, then that might actually support your argument.

You do realize that the article you're touting is really just an editorial, don't you? There is a difference between reporting facts and writing editorials.
I'm not going down this rabbit hole with you or reading the article to you.

The article is clear a well backed up.

We get it .... you liberals choose to remain willfully ignorant.

Last edited:
One of the program's participants, Juvenile Court judge Elijah Williams, speaking at a 2013 signing ceremony for PROMISE, made it clear it was all about the stats:

"We already bought the ticket. We are waiting for our numbers to come in. We know we have hit the jackpot when our school related arrests go down, down down"

https://www.americanthinker.com/blo...arrested_and_unable_to_purchase_firearms.html

Those participating in this program knew exactly what it was about. Stop arresting criminals and win the federal lottery.
They already got the $. What didnt happen is changing this lunatic a different way. In that respect the program failed. But the kid was out of the program for some time. At worst the cops should have been keeping an eye on him which they were but not close enough.

I'm not going down this rabbit hole with you or reading the article to you.

The article is clear a well backed up.

We get it .... you liberals choose to remain willfully ignorant.
How many liberals do you think I am?
I did read the opinion piece you linked. What I'm waiting for is a quote from said editorial that shows what you're contending to be true.

They already got the $. What didnt happen is changing this lunatic a different way. In that respect the program failed. But the kid was out of the program for some time. At worst the cops should have been keeping an eye on him which they were but not close enough.
With the promise of federal monies, it's no surprise that Superintendent Runcie (annual salary: $335,000) was happy to oblige his friends in D.C. Within a year of Runcie's arrival, student arrest rates were down 66 percent, and Broward County Schools were about to hit the federal jackpot.

On October 5, 2016, the School Board of Broward County Public Schools and its community partners signed the PROMISE agreement for the second time. After the 2016 signing, it was announced a couple of weeks later on October 18, BCPS was the only large urban district in the country to receive a Teacher Incentive Fund (TIF) grant from the U.S. Dept. of Education totaling $53,808, 909. One of the TIF's grant priorities is listed as "improved life for students in poverty/students of color."

A 66% drop in arrest in the first year and Broward County being the only large urban district in the country to receive a Teacher Incentive Fund (TIF) grant from the U.S. Dept. of Education totaling $53,808, 909.

The cops were being told to stand down and stop arresting these criminals while B. Hussein and Company raised the federal lottery to some 53 million dollars.

Cruz, and I am sure, many other criminals as well, were never arrested because the BCSO and ISD were taking federal moneys from B. Hussein to STOP arresting criminals.

This makes B. Hussein and Eric Holder's racist PROMISE Program directly responsible for the death of the children at MSD high.

With the promise of federal monies, it's no surprise that Superintendent Runcie (annual salary: $335,000) was happy to oblige his friends in D.C. Within a year of Runcie's arrival, student arrest rates were down 66 percent, and Broward County Schools were about to hit the federal jackpot.

On October 5, 2016, the School Board of Broward County Public Schools and its community partners signed the PROMISE agreement for the second time. After the 2016 signing, it was announced a couple of weeks later on October 18, BCPS was the only large urban district in the country to receive a Teacher Incentive Fund (TIF) grant from the U.S. Dept. of Education totaling $53,808, 909. One of the TIF's grant priorities is listed as "improved life for students in poverty/students of color."

A 66% drop in arrest in the first year and Broward County being the only large urban district in the country to receive a Teacher Incentive Fund (TIF) grant from the U.S. Dept. of Education totaling $53,808, 909.

The cops were being told to stand down and stop arresting these criminals while B. Hussein and Company raised the federal lottery to some 53 million dollars.

Cruz, and I am sure, many other criminals as well, were never arrested because the BCSO and ISD were taking federal moneys from B. Hussein to STOP arresting criminals.

This makes B. Hussein and Eric Holder's racist PROMISE Program directly responsible for the death of the children at MSD high.
Cops didnt benefit so I think your argument has collapsed.
Obviously the program didnt work but that's hardly unusual.

Cops didnt benefit so I think your argument has collapsed.

What are you talking about.

I never once said anything about cops benefiting.

Strawman much?

Obviously the program didn't work but that's hardly unusual.

You think?

Broward County received over 54 million dollars in federal moneys for stopping the arrest of these criminals.

The Superintendent got a $335,000 salary.

Obama got the BCSO to stop arresting criminals.

Sounds like the program was pretty damn successful to me.

Unless you want to consider the 14 children who were slaughtered at MSD High and their families.

I suppose it could be argued the program was a fail for them and their families.

What are you talking about.

I never once said anything about cops benefiting.

Strawman much?

You think?

Broward County received over 54 million dollars in federal moneys for stopping the arrest of these criminals.

The Superintendent got a $335,000 salary.

Obama got the BCSO to stop arresting criminals.

Sounds like the program was pretty damn successful to me.

Unless you want to consider the 14 children who were slaughtered at MSD High and their families.

I suppose it could be argued the program was a fail for them and their families.
You stated the cops were paid to not arrest Cruz. Not the case.

Werbung:
Think of it as a summerization.
My guess is its somehow tied to fed funds associated with the promise program but that seems to be more directed toward as schools and social services as opposed to police. The idea is to keep kids out of the criminal justice mess by having other areas manage the thugs. But if a kid wrongs someone it's that someone who has to press charges.

So, this fool can't find it in the article, and so he has to "guess" where it is at.

PLC, do you ever get the idea that it is a foolish endeavor to even try to get an honest debate from either of these two idiots?

Back