Muslim Youths

Iftikhar

Muslim Youths

Muslim youths are angry, frustrated and extremist because they have been mis-educated and de-educated by the British schooling. Muslim children are confused because they are being educated in a wrong place at a wrong time in state schools with non-Muslim monolingual teachers. They face lots of problems of growing up in two distinctive cultural traditions and value systems, which may come into conflict over issues such as the role of women in the society, and adherence to religious and cultural traditions. The conflicting demands made by home and schools on behaviour, loyalties and obligations can be a source of psychological conflict and tension in Muslim youngsters. There are also the issues of racial prejudice and discrimination to deal with, in education and employment. They have been victim of racism and bullying in all walks of life. According to DCSF, 56% of Pakistanis and 54% of Bangladeshi children has been victims of bullies. The first wave of Muslim migrants were happy to send their children to state schools, thinking their children would get a much better education. Than little by little, the overt and covert discrimination in the system turned them off. There are fifteen areas where Muslim parents find themselves offended by state schools.

The right to education in one’s own comfort zone is a fundamental and inalienable human right that should be available to all people irrespective of their ethnicity or religious background. Schools do not belong to state, they belong to parents. It is the parents’ choice to have faith schools for their children. Bilingual Muslim children need state funded Muslim schools with bilingual Muslim teachers as role models during their developmental periods. There is no place for a non-Muslim teacher or a child in a Muslim school. There are hundreds of state schools where Muslim children are in majority. In my opinion, all such schools may be designated as Muslim community schools. An ICM Poll of British Muslims showed that nearly half wanted their children to attend Muslim schools. There are only 143 Muslim schools. A state funded Muslim school in Birmingham has 220 pupils and more than 1000 applicants chasing just 60.

Majority of anti-Muslim stories are not about terrorism but about Muslim
culture--the hijab, Muslim schools, family life and religiosity. Muslims in the west ought to be recognised as a western community, not as an alien culture.
Iftikhar Ahmad

Werbung:
Muslim youths are angry, frustrated and extremist because they have been mis-educated and de-educated by the British schooling.

No they're not! Racists like you just think they are because they are not indoctrinated into the muslim faith like you think they should! You would have them studying the Koran instead of attending normal school! You would have them denied the same chance at an all encompassing all round education as other British kids are given... you would have segregation in order to build this gulf you think exists in order to self-justify your own poison

Muslim children are confused because they are being educated in a wrong place at a wrong time in state schools with non-Muslim monolingual teachers.

Instead you would like them segregated from the rest of society so that you can perpetuate your religious control over their lives! The young immigrants need to learn to live in the UK, get jobs and become useful members of society! Racists like you would have them NOT integrate and NOT become members of a modern society instead YOU would have them remain in your backward non-tolerant religious micro-world!

They face lots of problems of growing up in two distinctive cultural traditions and value systems, which may come into conflict over issues such as the role of women in the society, and adherence to religious and cultural traditions.

Yes we tend to treat women as equals whereas I can understand your desire to maintain your backward view of woman as mere property to be treated as sacks of ****! Well Sir.... if that means that they face problems then hoooo-bleeding-ray for them. I wish them good fortune and success with coming to terms with women as being people instead of objects!

The conflicting demands made by home and schools on behaviour, loyalties and obligations can be a source of psychological conflict and tension in Muslim youngsters.
....what a load of complete and utter cock!!

There are also the issues of racial prejudice and discrimination to deal with,
.....no **** Sherlock!! You've got a real problem to sort out!!??

................I'm bored with this........... Look sonshine..........bugger off and post your racist garbage somewhere else?

Salaam

London School of Islamics is an educational Trust. Its aim is to make
British public, institutions and media aware of the needs and demands of the
Muslim community in the field of education and possible solutions.

The demand for state funded Muslim schools is in accordance with the law of
the land.

I do not blame the parents, Imams and Masajid for the plight of the Muslim
youths. All Muslim youths suffer from identity crises because they find
themselves cut off from their cultural roots, literature and poetry. All of
them lack self-confidence and self-esteem. British education has made them
stupid. They have become economic slaves of the British society. They do not
know where they belong. They are unable to enjoy the beauty of their
literature and poetry. A man is a product of his culture, language and
faith. They go hand in hand.

The solution of all the problems is state funded Muslim schools with
bilingual Muslim teachers as role models right from nursery classes. The
Charter of Islam teaches true tolerance and equality and indeed is more
acceptable to all people of the world than the United Nation Human Rights
Charter. Islam does not just mean a beard, a cap and a bunch of
self-interpreted fatwas.

Accoding to a research by Goldsmiths, university of London, bilingual
learning can provide substantial benefits for second and third generation
children whose families speak a language other than English. Even when
children have grown up in the UK with English as their stronger
language,using both languages aids cognitive development and strengthens
their identity as learners. It is crucial that schools support c hildren's
mother tongue through bilingual learning activities connected with the
mainstream curriculum. Now Primary National Strategy recognises the value of
bilingualism and promotes early language learning. Policy makers need to
encourage good practice in schools, otherwise, the potential benefits of
bilingual leaning will be lost to future generations.

The research also discovered that many second and third generation children
are in danger of losing these skills if they do not have opportunities to
develop their mother tongue through academic work at school. Bilingual
children who learn in their family's language as well as English do better
at school. It is very important that parents continue to talk to their
children in their first language.

It is absurd to say that Muslim schools threaten the social cohesion of the
nation. Diversity is a blessing and we should feel proud of diversity. The
real threat to social cohesiondoes nt come from Muslim parents but from
government that seeks to force these parents to conform with the state's
ideas about how and what their children should be taught. There is no
evidence that Muslim schools are undermining social cohesion.

Salaam Iftikhar,

With all due respect, why do you believe that non-Muslim nations should bend to your religious will as law? You must understand that in order to benefit from democratic principles you must be willing to adhere to the policies that constitute them, or don’t live there. I don't hear your concern about Middle Eastern countries and their persecution of non-Muslims .

Any discrimination being experienced comes greatly from the fact that there has been no cry from any Muslim community in the "free of religious/political doctrine" world denouncing the mentality of religious aggression that Muslim extremists have expressed. All religions are based on the human desire for peace and unity with God, but human beings kinda screw that up with their interpretations don’t they?

I consider myself a Christian, but I can easily denounce the many Christian cleric nut cases that exist. Their interpretations, or personal motives for recognition, do not represent me, and my allegiance is to God, not some imperfect human cleric, not a book of rules of conduct written by humans. Unless the Muslim community can do the same, I am afraid that it is understandable that all will be lumped together as believing that non Muslims are "wrong" in their beliefs, therefore, by virtue of the words of a HUMAN man, it is O.K. to not honor their right to life. Your problem should be with the “Mullah Omar’s” of the world, not me, because Islam allows him to be a spokesman. Silence speaks volumes, and if you don’t voice anything, then you don’t get to decide how I interpret that silence. . The issue of women is a major point. I am a woman, and I will never accept that a man is better by law. Respect as either a man or a woman must be earned as a human being, not decreed by one of the sexes.

The fact that you are trying to impose religious doctrines in schools for Muslims is entirely against the political doctrines, of America, at least, and I will fight you and my government if either try to change that. Do you expect America to revise our Constitution for Muslims because of religion? I think that’s arrogant. No one in any democratic nation cares what you do in your house, your mind, your bed, or your church. It becomes a problem when you try to force me to respect religious values of yours, when you don't respect mine. I don't owe you anything because of your religious beliefs. You don’t owe me anything for mine either, except not to get in my face because of them, for any reason.

That my dear is the crux of the difference between cultures. Sad but true. Religious law has no place in a democracy. It is not welcome by the masses, and there will be a backlash to Sharia law being adopted in the U.K., have no doubt about it.

Before you condemn me for not knowing about Middle Eastern culture, I should let you know that I am a middle aged product of a Zoroastrian mother and an American Christian father. I know a little more than the average bear about the differences between the cultures. Differences are not a bad thing. However, because of human nature, something no religion can replace, I don’t believe that Islam and democracy can co-exist without conflict. Both sides will lose valuable aspects to what brings contentment in life for them.

What can we do about it? I want you to have a good life too.

school.jpg

This is your prefered educational style for young British Muslims?

This is you idea of how young british kids are going to be able to go out and get jobs in the wider community which incidentally seems to support all other cultures in the United Kingdom quite well!

The Hindu community in the UK indeed the Pakistani community outside of your little enclave in Tower Hamlets and Whitechaple thrive on the diversity and interaction with all other peoples of the UK.....yet you advocate the continued confinenment the furtherance of seperation in order to what.....? to protect your kind from the infidels that surround you!! You would like to keep all these good little muslim boys pure and unsullied and easily programmable?..... for their eventual radicalisation.... ready for the greater fight against what you see is the path away from God!

Not sure if Ifthicko realises that most Muslims live outside of Britain.

In fact the ratio of those outside to inside is huge.

Scotsman, I did not know that. Well, that was a tremendous waste of time and consideration on my part, eh?

Another religious funda-mentalist.

He should go and live in the US

There's lots of them there
Boy someone must have really let you have it as a kid to have so many issues. Actually, Central America, and anywhere in the Middle East is the place to go to find the best fundamentalists. If you're going to be God's tour guide, know what your talking about.

There is nothing wrong with what I said.

There are masses of religious funda-mentalists in the US. They just seem to think it is ok if the flavour is christianity.

It isn't.

They are all as bad as each other with their medieval views

Next

Dawkins, you are blowing it out your a**. You aren't here and you don't know what the hell you are talking about. What is your definition of fundamentalism? violent condemnation of those who don't believe the same way? Don't worry, that will be taken care of. Sharia law can't fly here.

Here's the way it really is in America: Christians just don't burn non believers anymore. We actually did come out of the dark ages, unlike bananastan and other lands. Your everyday Christians don't care what you believe. 'Ain't the least bit interested in your beliefs. Faith to an educated person is personal, not a haj, not a collective ass in the air, not poppin' out babies to continue the donation base for the church. Get it?

Lol. You actually think that a fundamentalist Christian is coming to eat your children?

What flavor are they?

Yes they do.

The US has burned around 500,000 muslims in Iraq and plenty of people in the US are claiming to have god on their side.

You have huge numbers of evolution denyers insisting that their childrens' minds are polluted with the nonesense of creationism.

I could go on but I think you get the picture

Werbung:
Yeah I do. You actually believe the crap you spew. Who is on the side of those who initiated war on the Western cultural system? I guess Allah isn't God. May uncle simian help you.

Back