Music is it considered a subject or is it a waist of time.

diamonds in the sky<>

Music has helped me in many ways.
It took a while to learn it,but I'm glad I did.
You got teachers hating on the band. They say its a waist of time.
They don't understand what it does for us. When I picked up the clarinet I thought I was just waisting my time.
What could music ever do for me?
I find myself linked to music every day and every minute that's all I think about.
Marching isn't a sport they say.
I want you to try it and then see if its NOT a sport.
In today's society teachers still favor the athletes they write go team go on the boards but what about the band where do we fit into all of this?o_O
They lecture us on how we should be in class instead of at a competition. We can make up all the work that same day but that doesn't stop the lecture.
Ask any volleyball or foot ball player they won't know what I'm talking about .
Music is an art of the mind.:ROFLMAO:

Werbung:
Music is certainly a subject. And, yes schools often overlook the value of music programs in favor of sports programs. Look in the music hall or the gym, where do you expect to find the more intelligent students?

All non core programs come under scrutiny as dollars are thought to be getting removed. Football has tended to win over music despite the relatively stout price tag. Somehow the idea of cutting central staff is seldom explored.
It would not be popular but special needs programs are quite costly and somewhat new. A little common sense there frees many dollars though admittedly at a cost.

The local high school here has some 16 coaches on staff ...... common sense obviously doesn't have a part.
The new football head coach was the wife'scschool was surprised to learn he had classes to teach. the volleyball coach has a full raft of art classes to teach (and is she cever good at it). But I realize football in Texas is not the most important thing, its the only thing.

Werbung:
Back