1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

More Political Hypocrisy

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by Old_Trapper70, May 14, 2017.

1. Old_Trapper70

Old_Trapper70 Well-Known Member

It is not uncommon to see hypocrisy in our political parties, it is unusual for it to be so blatant, and ignored by so many:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/13/...cans-guide-to-presidential-behavior.html?_r=0

So, herewith, the Congressional Republican’s Guide to Presidential Behavior.

If you are the president, you may freely:

attack private citizens on Twitter

delegitimize federal judges who rule against you

refuse to take responsibility for military actions gone awry

fire the F.B.I. chief in the middle of his expanding investigation into your campaign and your associates

Continue reading the main story

Advertisement

Continue reading the main story
    accuse a former president, without evidence, of an impeachable offense

employ top aides with financial and other connections to a hostile foreign power

blame the judiciary, in advance, for any terror attacks

call the media “the enemy of the American people”

demand personal loyalty from the F.B.I. director

threaten the former F.B.I. director

accept foreign payments to your businesses, in possible violation of the Constitution

occupy the White House with the help of a hostile foreign power

intimidate congressional witnesses

allow White House staff members to use their personal email for government business

neglect to fill thousands of crucial federal government positions for months

claim, without evidence, that millions of people voted illegally

fail to fire high-ranking members of your national security team for weeks, even after knowing they lied to your vice president and exposed themselves to blackmail

Openmind likes this.